Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cincinnati/Northen KY 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rnellums
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Sep 30 2012, 11:23 PM) *

Was a really great turnout today! Was great to meet all of the folks from on here and catch up with a few that I already knew.

On the way out.

IPB Image

Yikes my car is riding low in the back. Maybe I ought to bite the bullet and swap in the new 100# weltmiesters I've had sitting around for a while...

Now I just have to decide whether or not to go to Mariemont...

tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 1 2012, 09:18 AM) *

IMHO it's not even a question! You have to!

Thomas
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Oct 1 2012, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 1 2012, 09:18 AM) *

IMHO it's not even a question! You have to!

Thomas

agree.gif Especially given how well received your 914 was this past weekend! The list of online registrants alone has 76 people; some of whom are shown as bringing 2+ Porsches!

www.RallyePorscheMariemont.com

I'll need other Teeners present to distract from what might be half an interior in my car! Weather & postage times permitting I may have the doors rebuilt & carpet by then!
Peashooter
Hello Cincy, N.Ky. owners...would anyone in this area have a spare heated rear window they don't need? Mine has one but it has been damaged and I'd like to find a replacement w/o incurring a large shipping fee.
Thanks, Bill Atkins
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Peashooter @ Oct 24 2012, 02:45 PM) *

Hello Cincy, N.Ky. owners...would anyone in this area have a spare heated rear window they don't need? Mine has one but it has been damaged and I'd like to find a replacement w/o incurring a large shipping fee.
Thanks, Bill Atkins

Bill,
My apologies, I missed this. I do not have one.

Thomas
tscrihfield
Time to resurrect this thread...

To all of our OH KY IN and anyone else who wants to make the drive. I am going to put something together for us to meet. So far, I know that those who have posted to this thread in the past are interested. But since then we have found others in the region.

Please post here areas that you think would make a meeting spot. I don't care if it is someone's garage, a park, eatery or such. Let's try to get a meet setup where we can have a day of food, drinks and automobile comradere!

All in favor say I!

Thomas
bigkensteele
I!

This will serve as motivation to get me exhaust leak fixed.
rnellums
Aye.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 6 2013, 05:47 PM) *

To all of our OH KY IN and anyone else who wants to make the drive. I am going to put something together for us to meet. So far, I know that those who have posted to this thread in the past are interested. But since then we have found others in the region.

Please post here areas that you think would make a meeting spot. I don't care if it is someone's garage, a park, eatery or such. Let's try to get a meet setup where we can have a day of food, drinks and automobile comradere!

All in favor say I!

Thomas
Missed something here......... whats this all about? Bob
ericoneal
I'm a new(er) 914 owner from Louisville and would be up for this in the Spring. Wasnt there a meetup in the past at Big Bone Lick State Park (on Beaver Road shades.gif ) in the past? That would be great for me because I can still be inside of the AAA 100 mile towing plan. lol-2.gif
turk22
I !

I'm still considering an engine drop party, but that may be closer a few weeks away.

If we want to do a do something quickly I think VOA park wouldn't be to bad a place. confused24.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Jan 7 2013, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 6 2013, 05:47 PM) *

All in favor say I!

Thomas
Missed something here......... whats this all about? Bob

Just a meet and greet... We tried to plan something last year sparked from Turk22's post. Your welcome to join...

Thomas
tscrihfield
QUOTE(turk22 @ Jan 7 2013, 03:43 PM) *

I !

I'm still considering an engine drop party, but that may be closer a few weeks away.

If we want to do a do something quickly I think VOA park wouldn't be to bad a place. confused24.gif

I'm in! Engine drop party! beerchug.gif

VOA park would be a great place to meet for when the weather looks up!

tscrihfield
QUOTE(ericoneal @ Jan 7 2013, 03:25 PM) *

I'm a new(er) 914 owner from Louisville and would be up for this in the Spring. Wasnt there a meetup in the past at Big Bone Lick State Park (on Beaver Road shades.gif ) in the past? That would be great for me because I can still be inside of the AAA 100 mile towing plan. lol-2.gif

wavey.gif
Big bone lick... Heh, one of the funniest names for a place I'll say!
And Towing? How'd you teach it to get off the Jackstands? laugh.gif

We will keep you posted!

Thomas
turk22
You local guys happen to notice this ebay ad for what looks like an incredibly nice 73 914 1.7 for sale from a dealer in Beechmont?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Excellent-C...=item20d085b35a
dirk9141973
QUOTE(turk22 @ Mar 19 2013, 06:58 PM) *

You local guys happen to notice this ebay ad for what looks like an incredibly nice 73 914 1.7 for sale from a dealer in Beechmont?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Excellent-C...=item20d085b35a

That is a great car it was in show room at Porsche dealer for couple years first.gif That is ture show car I never thought it would go up for sale??
bigkensteele
Not sure if I know how to spell his last name correctly, but that is Bill Wooste's car. He owns the Porsche of the Village dealership. I have seen it a couple of times. It is very nice and completely original as far as I can tell. Can't imagine why he is selling it other than to make room for something else.

*** Edit - I think they did a poor job on the ebay ad. If I recall correctly, this car has a story about its originality that should be told. It might have been a lost inventory deal. I just don't remember, but this car is one of the most amazing survivors that I have ever seen.
Peashooter
I looked at that car when I was over there to order parts. If I didn't have a major 914 project already going, I would sure think about it! Not very often a true time capsule comes up for sale, and local to boot!
Bill
solo1
Im in Maineville 1972 1.8. Signal Orange.
jhora
Very Nice Looking 914...interested in what the final price will be....
porsche_dreamer
How have I missed this thread? Guess I'm not on here enough. I have seen the car in person when they had it sitting in the showroom real nice car. Someone is gonna be happy.
dirk9141973
beerchug.gif
QUOTE(porsche_dreamer @ Mar 20 2013, 03:24 PM) *

How have I missed this thread? Guess I'm not on here enough. I have seen the car in person when they had it sitting in the showroom real nice car. Someone is gonna be happy.

beerchug.gif They are not selling the car because he needs the $$$ they are one of the highest volume Porsche dealers in the country.
1970 Neun vierzehn
That 914 has been a showroom fixture for several years. If I had a place at home to keep second 914, I'd be looking seriously at this "survivor".
turk22
I have a feeling the reserve is such that its not going to sell anyway. They should just post a "Buy it Now" price and let the world know how much it would take to own it.

popcorn[1].gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Peashooter @ Mar 20 2013, 07:50 AM) *

I looked at that car when I was over there to order parts. If I didn't have a major 914 project already going, I would sure think about it! Not very often a true time capsule comes up for sale, and local to boot!
Bill

I'm bidding, but think it will get too crazy, especially after Tod914's circus!
Pat
tscrihfield
That was Mike Valentines old car... Sold to eventually make room for his Carrera GT. I can't believe it has stayed in the cinci area this long! Beautiful car! It was at our OVR PCA 50th anniversary gala.

Hope it brings good dough! Nice car!

Thomas
tscrihfield
IPB Image

Also one of mikes old cars. Or at least a clone of his car...
bigkensteele
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Mar 20 2013, 06:01 PM) *

That was Mike Valentines old car... Sold to eventually make room for his Carrera GT. I can't believe it has stayed in the cinci area this long! Beautiful car! It was at our OVR PCA 50th anniversary gala.

Hope it brings good dough! Nice car!

Thomas

I had never met Mike until the Mariemont event when you and I talked with him. Great guy and down to earth as they come!
Van914
Thomas,
The 914 was not Mike's car. His was a 2.8ltr six. I went to buy it but Beechomont bought it before I could. It was a Stoddard's prepped car. Beechmont repainted Silver had it a few years and sold it. It went to Fla. I saw it for sale again without the 2.8 motor. It was sold to someone in Michigan.

Van914
Peashooter
I wonder where it is now? I have the original 6 cyl. engine from the Valentine 6.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Van914 @ Mar 21 2013, 05:19 AM) *

Thomas,
The 914 was not Mike's car. His was a 2.8ltr six. I went to buy it but Beechomont bought it before I could. It was a Stoddard's prepped car. Beechmont repainted Silver had it a few years and sold it. It went to Fla. I saw it for sale again without the 2.8 motor. It was sold to someone in Michigan.

Van914

Good to know! Someone told me that it was his at one time when we were at POV for the 50th event. Interesting though! Such a nice car!
porsche_dreamer
Hey Thomas, let me know if you will be available next saturday morning?
dirk9141973
first.gif Well the 1973 1.7 sold today might be a record $25,000 I was at dealer when bid ended (no big deal) but car is off to a new collector. (The car looked a little sad in a room full of cars over $100k) Someone has perfect car even the dirt is in the correct areas. But no oil leaks lol-2.gif Today
Peashooter
Whew! 25 large ones is a lot of cash, but then that is a pretty nice car. I don't suppose it stayed in Cincy?
turk22
Guys, this years VW/Porsche Reunion is coming up on 9/29/13 again at GE Park.

Ross, you gonna drive in for it again (little farther this time...).

http://www.cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx

We had such a good turnout last time...just wish they scheduled it on 9/14 instead...

Turk
rnellums
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 4 2013, 03:59 PM) *

Guys, this years VW/Porsche Reunion is coming up on 9/29/13 again at GE Park.

Ross, you gonna drive in for it again (little farther this time...).

http://www.cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx

We had such a good turnout last time...just wish they scheduled it on 9/14 instead...

Turk

I'm afraid I wont make it this time, BUt I would love to see pictures of it!

-Ross
914forme
Im just north in Dayton, okay north of Dayton, I drive to Sharonville each day. I have 2 914s both are down and out right now. But happy to meet at the reunion.

BTW, that 962 does not have a blister in the top. Mike's was modified to fit his large frame. He needed the blister for his helmet, the pedal area was also extended. It could have been returned to factory condition, but I doubt Mike could get into it if it was.
tscrihfield
I will see you all at the reunion.

As for modifications.... There were no modifications for Mike to drive or pilot the 962. He only owned it, and never drove it. The one time he talked about it his friends talked him out of it saying they liked him more alive.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.