Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cincinnati/Northen KY 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
turk22
All,

I introduced myself in a previous thread, and have been searching the forums for various topics, and have seen a couple of threads related to the events and members in the greater Cincinnati area, which is where I'm located.

I'd be interested in knowing who's around me with the same addiction. beerchug.gif

I plan to do much of my own work, but sometimes I may not be able to, or need some mentoring as it were. So getting to know folks locally would be great.

Also if there are businesses that are fluent in 914's, that would be really comforting if I get in way over my head. (plus I'm gonna need a paint job someday, and knowing who to use locally would be nice.)

So if your in or around Cincinnati, let me know, I'm actually in Liberty Twp, near West Chester, and hopefully you may actually see my car on the road in the weeks to come. driving.gif

Turk
tscrihfield
QUOTE(turk22 @ Aug 11 2012, 09:11 PM) *

All,

I introduced myself in a previous thread, and have been searching the forums for various topics, and have seen a couple of threads related to the events and members in the greater Cincinnati area, which is where I'm located.

I'd be interested in knowing who's around me with the same addiction. beerchug.gif

I plan to do much of my own work, but sometimes I may not be able to, or need some mentoring as it were. So getting to know folks locally would be great.

Also if there are businesses that are fluent in 914's, that would be really comforting if I get in way over my head. (plus I'm gonna need a paint job someday, and knowing who to use locally would be nice.)

So if your in or around Cincinnati, let me know, I'm actually in Liberty Twp, near West Chester, and hopefully you may actually see my car on the road in the weeks to come. driving.gif

Turk

I'm just north of you, In Middletown. Won't be seeing mine on the road until I get a break from work!

Thomas
Van914
Turk,
I am just south of Kings Island. I know of 3 others very close by.
Van914
turk22
QUOTE(Van914 @ Aug 12 2012, 06:55 AM) *

Turk,
Van914

Wow Van, member number 90... I have a 5 digit member number.....

Thanks guys, I couldn't find a way to search for members from a city or state.
Ever have any local get togethers?

Turk
tscrihfield
QUOTE(turk22 @ Aug 12 2012, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Van914 @ Aug 12 2012, 06:55 AM) *

Turk,
Van914

Wow Van, member number 90... I have a 5 digit member number.....

Thanks guys, I couldn't find a way to search for members from a city or state.
Ever have any local get togethers?

Turk

Yeah,
Van has been around these cars a while and has a plethora of knowledge.

The closest we have to a local gathering is Hershey and Garolds get together near Chicago. Both of which just past. Bigkensteele is another who is around and I'm sure he'll post sooner or later.

Thomas
walterolin
Hello Turk22,

I'm down the river in Louisville. If you organize something, let me know. I have a '70 1.7 which I've owned for a long time, it is currently in the default 914 state (disassembled and on jack stands). I hope to have it back together within the next 6 - 8 months.

Another member in the Cinti area is Bigkensteele who posts from time to time.

Olin
toadman
Hi, Turk,
I am very near you in West Chester. I have some spare parts and a little knowledge of FI so feel free to contact me. I saw your original post with photos of your new car. It looks really nice.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Turk,

1st: welcome.png

2nd:I'm located in Miami Township, Clermont County, just outside Loveland.

3rd: Somehow, someway, sometime the greater Cinti/NKy 914 people need to get together for a casual get together, be it a gathering at a restaurant, coffee shop or a local park.

Paul
dirk9141973
beerchug.gif Turk
I live on the east side of Cincinnati just outside I275 off 125 Beachmont Ave. Like all 914 owners have large collection on parts and books. Just finishing a total rebuild of 2056 its running but not on the road yet. (Im looking for help with final tuning.) We need to meet for coffe/beer lot of 914 people in the area.
turk22
Guys, great that there are more teeners around than I expected...

Once I get my re-title and starter issue squared away, I hope we can set something up.
Katmanken
Yup,

I live about three miles away from Van.

kafermeister
Turk welcome to 914 World.

I live across the river in the Florence KY area. My 914 (like most) is a project in waiting as I haven't yet started working it. I picked it up in 2003 as a roller from Ca and just stored until I was done with other projects. I have had 914s since about 1990 but all have been projects/parts cars. As far as other local cars, I have seen an orange/tangerine 914 pass the house a few times this summer. I am also aware of a silver 914 project in my area which belongs to a fellow member. Oh, I almost forgot, my dad has a silver '75 1.8 that he kept roadworthy (but unlicensed) until a fuel issue sidelined it over the winter.

We did attempt to have a 914 picnic in BigBone State Park about 10 years ago. We can put something similar together if anyone is interested. There were only a small mumber of 914s that showed but we did have some other P-cars for that gathering.

The Cincinnati VW club is having their VW-Porsche reunion show in September. The VW Club site listss the show dates as the 29th and 30th. Sept 29th is the pre-show at Metalkraft and Sept 30th is the actual show at GE Park. http://www.cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx

-Rick
9fourteen
I'm in Cincinnati in the Clifton area near UC.

My 914 is in a state of restoration as seems to be the case with many 914 owners. I'm not an expert but I am not afraid to get my hands dirty so if you ever need an extra set of hands working on your car, hit me up.

I'd also be interested in meeting up with other 914 owners from around the area. A local gathering would be awesome. I would like to see other peoples cars as 914s are something you don't see everyday. As a matter of fact I have never seen a 914 on the road here in Cincy besides mine. Have seen a couple parked that were for sale but that was it. Didn't think there were that many around here until I got on this site.
rnellums
I'm a few hours away in Lafayette, but I could definitely come down for a weekend wrench session!
robby750
I'm down the road in Lexington. bye1.gif
turk22
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Aug 13 2012, 11:37 AM) *

Turk welcome to 914 World.

I live across the river in the Florence KY area. My 914 (like most) is a project in waiting as I haven't yet started working it. I picked it up in 2003 as a roller from Ca and just stored until I was done with other projects. I have had 914s since about 1990 but all have been projects/parts cars. As far as other local cars, I have seen an orange/tangerine 914 pass the house a few times this summer. I am also aware of a silver 914 project in my area which belongs to a fellow member. Oh, I almost forgot, my dad has a silver '75 1.8 that he kept roadworthy (but unlicensed) until a fuel issue sidelined it over the winter.

We did attempt to have a 914 picnic in BigBone State Park about 10 years ago. We can put something similar together if anyone is interested. There were only a small mumber of 914s that showed but we did have some other P-cars for that gathering.

The Cincinnati VW club is having their VW-Porsche reunion show in September. The VW Club site listss the show dates as the 29th and 30th. Sept 29th is the pre-show at Metalkraft and Sept 30th is the actual show at GE Park. http://www.cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx

-Rick

QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 13 2012, 01:56 PM) *

I'm a few hours away in Lafayette, but I could definitely come down for a weekend wrench session!

I play golf at GE Park every Thursday in a league, it would be a great site to have a little get together, plenty of parking, picnic areas and/or clubhouse, its really close to I275, and I'm a member, so I can reserve something....

Thinking this may work... idea.gif

Turk
rnellums
QUOTE(turk22 @ Aug 13 2012, 02:30 PM) *

I play golf at GE Park every Thursday in a league, it would be a great site to have a little get together, plenty of parking, picnic areas and/or clubhouse, its really close to I275, and I'm a member, so I can reserve something....

Thinking this may work... idea.gif

Turk

After checking that VW Porsche show out, I'm thinking I'll come down for the show in September myself. Maybe we should do a 914 invasion of it?
bigkensteele
Turk, welcome.png

Thomas and I were talking about pulling together some form of a gathering this past spring that I was going to spearhead, but life got in the way. No reason that we couldn't shoot for the fall. Just a matter of picking a date and location that works for most.

QUOTE(dirk9141973 @ Aug 12 2012, 03:55 PM) *

beerchug.gif Turk
I live on the east side of Cincinnati just outside I275 off 125 Beachmont Ave. Like all 914 owners have large collection on parts and books. Just finishing a total rebuild of 2056 its running but not on the road yet. (Im looking for help with final tuning.) We need to meet for coffe/beer lot of 914 people in the area.

Dirk, we are apparently neighbors! I live just outside of Amelia in Legendary Run. Where are you?
eric914
I'm in Waynesville. Car is on the road but far from done. Would be interested in a get together.
Bertus
Just down the road in Lexington. Welcome to the club!
Jamie
QUOTE(Bertus @ Aug 14 2012, 11:20 AM) *

Just down the road in Lexington. Welcome to the club!

And I'm near Georgetown KY and a member of the Bluegrass PCA, which has a few 914 members, so who is Bertus? I would perhaps recognize your car before recognizing your dog! shades.gif
dirk9141973
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 13 2012, 03:38 PM) *

Turk, welcome.png

Thomas and I were talking about pulling together some form of a gathering this past spring that I was going to spearhead, but life got in the way. No reason that we couldn't shoot for the fall. Just a matter of picking a date and location that works for most.

QUOTE(dirk9141973 @ Aug 12 2012, 03:55 PM) *

beerchug.gif Turk

Dirk, we are apparently neighbors! I live just outside of Amelia in Legendary Run. Where are you?

We are very close I live on the old Royal Oak, Stillmeadow Country Club
dirk9141973
:DIf you Still have starter issues I have a extra starter and it works!!
turk22
QUOTE(dirk9141973 @ Aug 14 2012, 10:41 PM) *

:DIf you Still have starter issues I have a extra starter and it works!!

ahh man! My new starter will be delivered today!

But thanks! hopefully I can resolve this issue, and just drive it for a few days.

Turk
dflesburg
We are just north of Kings Island.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Get a meet and greet to geather to geather, any time any Place !! And I'll be there. Good LUCK DAVE slap.gif
walterolin
I suspect that if we had a gathering at a venue called "Big Bone Lick" State Park, all those left coasters with their rustless 914s would trip all over themselves trying to get here....

Olin
Van914
We have been there and done that about 10 years ago. About 10 people showed up.
If I remember about 4 914's

kafermeister
That was a good time Van and it was good to meet some local 914 folks.

I remember your 914 was there. Al's green 914 was there. There was a black/yellow LE which I believe the owner still has (saw him at the VW Porsche reunion a year or two back) and there was a 72(?) 914 running project that was later sold to someone north east of Ohio. Rob from Lexington drove up with his beautiful blue 914. I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody.

Funny thing about the LE is that it used to belong to a fella named Jack who drove a 911 to the picnic. I don't believe he knew it was his car until he started talking to the current owner.

I remember getting e-mail from folks wanting to know if the proposed picnic was a joke. Big Bone Lick State Park is on Beaver Road. True story, you just can't make this stuff up.
rnellums
SO who is up for an event either the Saturday before the VW+Porsche Reunion or during the Reunion itself?
turk22
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 17 2012, 09:26 AM) *

SO who is up for an event either the Saturday before the VW+Porsche Reunion or during the Reunion itself?

I was/am hoping to have my starter issues resolved by then, but either way, I would be interested. If nothing else I can have you guys teach me how to trace the problem. (you just may have to push me to start my car to get me home icon_bump.gif (start)

The GE Park place is 15 minutes away from my house, so meeting there would be great, if we do a different weekend, I can certainly reserve a picnic area at the park for all of us.

Turk
tscrihfield

Who has two thumbs and is up for it!

THIS GUY!

Thomas
bigkensteele
I vote for hooking up at the reunion. I will try to get my car ready by then - it needs a little attention before I drive it that far.
rnellums
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Aug 17 2012, 05:39 PM) *

THIS GUY!

Thomas

Saweet! I got a list ten miles long of adjustments to make to the green car from a a bonafide CW (in a good way) at Garolds a few weeks ago, SO I have my work cut out for me as well!

Are you going to make it inyour 914 Thomas?
-Ross
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 17 2012, 11:52 PM) *

THIS GUY!

Thomas

Saweet! I got a list ten miles long of adjustments to make to the green car from a a bonafide CW (in a good way) at Garolds a few weeks ago, SO I have my work cut out for me as well!

-Ross

av-943.gif

You're kidding right! ... Well it's really not to far away! If I could just be home for a few consecutive weeks to work on it!

Thomas

rnellums
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Aug 18 2012, 12:05 AM) *

THIS GUY!

Thomas

-Ross

av-943.gif

You're kidding right! ... Well it's really not to far away! If I could just be home for a few consecutive weeks to work on it!

Thomas

Tell you what, I'll bring my flat tow setup and we can haul it to the show without an engine! You can make outrageous claims about how lightweight it is!
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 18 2012, 12:11 AM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Aug 18 2012, 12:05 AM) *

THIS GUY!

Thomas

-Ross

av-943.gif

Thomas

Tell you what, I'll bring my flat tow setup and we can haul it to the show without an engine! You can make outrageous claims about how lightweight it is!

Yeah! It actually has the running engine sitting in it! Along with the floor now! Slowly but surely! Only thing missing for motion is the axles... That's because I'm pulling the engine after I get the exhaust mocked up... looks funny without a firewall though! Hehe
dwillouby
Hello I am down here in Mt Washington , Just south of Louisville KY. Would be great do do a nearby get together.
David
robby750
Well? Somebody pick a date, time, and place and lets do it!
rnellums
QUOTE(robby750 @ Aug 18 2012, 09:19 PM) *

September 30th, at GE park? 9:14 am of course
http://cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx
first.gif
dirk9141973
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 18 2012, 07:46 PM) *

first.gif

Looks as great event i had no idea the Vw group was so organized
tscrihfield
QUOTE(dirk9141973 @ Aug 18 2012, 11:24 PM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 18 2012, 07:46 PM) *

first.gif

Looks as great event i had no idea the Vw group was so organized

Mark from metalkraft is the sponsor. Amazing auto advocate! It truly is a great event.

Thomas
turk22
I'm in, really looking forward to meeting you guys. beerchug.gif

Jamie
Rats, that's the weekend of my high school class 50th reunion, and that's a once in a lifetime event!
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Jamie @ Aug 19 2012, 04:27 PM) *

Rats, that's the weekend of my high school class 50th reunion, and that's a once in a lifetime event!

That stinks, but I can relate. Last weekend on the 11th, we had our 12th anniversary, my 25th reunion in Louisville and her 20th reunion up in Minnesota. I REALLY wanted to go to mine, and she REALLY wanted to go to hers, so we did. I am paying the price this week, as my reunion sucked, and I am catching heat about not doing anything for the anniversary.

Any way you can do both?
rnellums
icon_bump.gif For a reminder
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Sep 17 2012, 01:22 PM) *

icon_bump.gif For a reminder

No worries I'll be there with my GTI.

Thomas
ericoneal
Wish this was closer to Louisville. Maybe we can have our own meetup down here?
rnellums
Closer to Louisville? It's only 1:30 away from you! smile.gif
turk22
I'm still in, hoping for nice weather!

Who wants to test drive my car, and give me some opinions???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.