Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Maintenance on new engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Retorqued heads all nuts needed a little snugging. Adjusted valves and all were a wee bit tight. Changes oil.

The screen had a few bits mostly thread sealer with tephlon from the pushrod tube seals. A couple of filings.

The filter was really clean. I only saw i piece of loctite 518.

The oil was very dark and I filter some stuff out of it. Even found a bug but, I suspect it flew in like flies on new paint. There was some stuff including some dirt.

Dave
Bleyseng
Cool Dave,

I sent you the "Package"™ this week.
Joe Ricard
So dave when is it going in the car, or has it?
For me going from the stock early 1.7 to hopped up 2.0L is a hoot. I can't imagine what you will experience
Tom Perso
Looks good to me. There is always a little residual Hylomar and such in the screen after a new rebuild. Looks like you kept it nice and clean!

Tom
dinomium
SLACKER! Why isn't that engine in the car and driving yet??? The sun is out today! Oh wait I think I was TALKING TO MYSELF AGAIN!
Sorry Dave.

w00t.gif
If you need any help when swap time does come, give me a call...
Cheers!
Jake Raby
Hylomar is bad about hanging out for a long time in the engine... So is the thread sealant we use on P/R tubes..

Yours looks great Dave!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.