Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack stands, How to?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jesco Reient
OK, The D-Jet components are coming along and the Wire harness/spaghetti wars are almost over. Now the perplexing for me as I have never in ten years of owning the car had it on jack stands and am eternally jealous of those of you that have had their car on jack stands for ever. (That was humor) But on the serious side I need to know where it is safe on the 914 to lift with a jack, then where to place the jack stands so the car does not fall onto me when I change the fuel lines.
any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.
luskesq
QUOTE(Jesco Reient @ Aug 14 2012, 11:32 AM) *

OK, The D-Jet components are coming along and the Wire harness/spaghetti wars are almost over. Now the perplexing for me as I have never in ten years of owning the car had it on jack stands and am eternally jealous of those of you that have had their car on jack stands for ever. (That was humor) But on the serious side I need to know where it is safe on the 914 to lift with a jack, then where to place the jack stands so the car does not fall onto me when I change the fuel lines.
any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Look for what are referred to as "doughnuts" (round protrusion of metal). They are commonly used for jackstand placement. There is one (on each side) slightly aft of the jacking plate hole, and up front, maybe a foot back from the fender well, perhaps 2-3" from the outside edge.

I suspect someone here will post a picture for you of appropriate jacking points. I've seen it but don't know where.

Good luck,

Keith
cgnj
Heres a link
jackstand locations
Jesco Reient
Thank You guys and I'll let you know how it works out....... Or if you hear about a guy getting crushed under a 914 and I don't post anymore, Well, you'll just know.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Jesco Reient @ Aug 14 2012, 04:24 PM) *

Thank You guys and I'll let you know how it works out....... Or if you hear about a guy getting crushed under a 914 and I don't post anymore, Well, you'll just know.

FYI: That has happened to someone here so be very careful using these types of jackstands!! If it doesn't have a safty pin to keep it from colapsing you need to throw them out and get some good ones!!

These are bad unless you put a pin through the hole!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.