Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Brake Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minnesota loon
My brake warning light is always on. Buzzer also on. When I use the turn signals it flashes with them. This first happened when I changed seats in the car. the flasher under the passenger seat is loose and just laying there. Any thoughts? I have tried to reset the brake warning system but it does not respond. Can I unhook it?
Mike Bellis
You can disconnect the relay under the passenger seat but you have to connect the 2 big yellow wire together. These are the starter in/out wires. Originally designed to prevent the starting if the seat belts were not fastened.
etcmss
is the emergency brake switch stuck or not depressed? this usually causes the brake light to flash. (brake handle must be down on switch.)(you already knew that right?)
Gary
aharder
If you turn on your hazard lights doe's it stop buzzing?
aharder
I have the same issue with Mine.
swl
QUOTE(minnesota loon @ Aug 19 2012, 11:19 AM) *

Buzzer also on. When I use the turn signals it flashes with them. This first happened when I changed seats in the car.

no direct experience on the buzzer part but given you have just changed seats I wonder if the pressure sensor 'passenger seat is occupied but the seatbelt isn't fastened' is showing the seat as occupied. Try plugging the seatbelt in?

Where I have had experience is on the drivers side. The brake switch is contact to ground. So if there is a pinch on the wire to the switch that breaks the insulation you will get the flasher going off. Mine got pinched in the seat rail.
minnesota loon
I removed the bulb from the gauge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.