Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlights pop up on first notch of switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr.242
I'm looking for a fix or what I did wrong when I re-installed my parts on my car. I know they should remain down when the first notch of dash switch is engaged. But for some reason mine pop up, no headlights, I know this isn't correct.

Advice? I'm sure there is something simple I did wrong on my install. Thanks in advance. Mark
sixnotfour
Its a 70, thats how they roll...There is a simple mod to make it like you think it should be.
toolguy
actually, that is how they are suppose to work on a 914-6 . . the lead that controls 'head light up' to the motors is the gray wire on terminal K on the headlight switch. . . is you want the headlights to stay down until the 3rd stop on the headlight switch, move the gray lead from K to 56 on the switch. This will allow you to run your fogs with the tail and side markers on and keep the headlight down. . Handy if you're running at sundown with a bra on the car and don't want to stop and fold down the flaps. .
djm914-6
Looks like I need to look at the wiring on my switch. Mine pop on the first notch too.
able2222
Way back in '70 when I bought mine we changed the wiring so the headlights were up but not on with the switch. It was easier to clean the bugs and crud off the headlight lens than it was to clean and repair chips and crud off the painted covers.
Mr.242
I will do some work on that switch and get it to where I can keep them down and run the fog lights and parking lamps.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.