Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: opening front trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Noodles
Is there any tricks to getting the front trunk open without the cable, my parts car front trunk is stuck closed, pulled lever and it just wont budge, got it to move very very slightly but just can't seem to get it to pop. I do have it up maybe quarter inch so not sure if i can get to the latch with something to pop it open.

Any tips would be much appreciated, have pulled so hard on the handle i'm waiting for it to snap headbang.gif
Eric_Shea
Off comes the front bumper
SLITS
Remove the front bumper. You will find a little hole in the cowl in which you can insert a screwdriver and pop the mechanism open.

Chit ... Erc was faster.
Eric_Shea
That's what she said... huh.gif
hot_shoe914
Get somebody to push down on it while you pull the cable.
Noodles
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 24 2012, 11:04 AM) *

Oooh I'll have to try that, thanks for the quick replys I was hoping it would be nice and easy.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Noodles @ Aug 24 2012, 10:52 AM) *

Oooh I'll have to try that, thanks for the quick replys I was hoping it would be nice and easy.

with the hood open you can now fix the inop pull wire or sticky latch.
Disconnect pull wire from latch. Detach white plastic sleeve from latch and locating tabs.
Lift sleeve skyward and flood tube with your favorite snake oil.
When the PB Blaster has stained your carpet the cable is ready to move.
Slide tube off wire by pulling away from fixed metal guide tube in cowl area.
Remove rust from pull wire with sand paper or whatever. Lubricate liberally as you slide the tube back over the wire.
Check operation of latch by closing with the tip of a phillips screwdriver and releasing with a plier. If sticky douse with WD40 till the spare tire floats.
When wire and latch are free, reassemble and adjust. WALLA !
Lennies914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 24 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Disconnect pull wire from latch. Detach white plastic sleeve from latch and locating tabs.
Remove rust from pull wire with sand paper or whatever. Lubricate liberally as you slide the tube back over the wire.
Check operation of latch by closing with the tip of a phillips screwdriver and releasing with a plier. If sticky douse with WD40 till the spare tire floats.

Or get a "trunk-monkey" biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 24 2012, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 24 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Or get a "trunk-monkey" biggrin.gif

Paging Clay!
Valy
One more thing to check when repairing is the jacket stopper where the plastic jacket slides into the metal one (near the brake fluid reservoir ). Make sure the stopper doesn't slide on the jacket or else you won't open the trunk. I tried gluing it back but yesterday I had to drop the bumper again. This time I placed a hose clamp over it to make sure it stays there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.