Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: original temp gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgolia
My temp gauge doesn't move. I installed a new sender and still no movement. It does move (just a little) when the ignition is turned on so it is getting power.
SLITS
With power on to gauge, ground the sender wire and it should move full scale.

Do you have a ground wire connected to the gauge itself?
rgolia
I will try that test...thanks. The original 3 pong connector is how it is attached.
rgolia
Did the test and the gauge works. The wire to the sender was faulty. Installed a new sender wire. Now that the gauge works, is there a way to get more fluctuation out of it. It seems to stay in the very low range regardless of driving conditions.
timothy_nd28
you could lean out your motor
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(rgolia @ Oct 1 2012, 12:04 PM) *

Did the test and the gauge works. The wire to the sender was faulty. Installed a new sender wire. Now that the gauge works, is there a way to get more fluctuation out of it. It seems to stay in the very low range regardless of driving conditions.

When I was in Portland Oregon, my temperature gauge never moved, I was beginning to suspect something was wrong with it. But once I moved to California I found it worked normally.
76-914
are your sender and gage a matched pair. look on the sender, it is stamped with it's range on the side of the sender.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.