Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 D-Jet Tuning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rwilner
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 1 2012, 09:01 PM) *

IMO, those numbers aren't right at all Rich.
11.5 is waaayy tooo rich under any operating conditions!

Just checking back into this thread....

Chris, almost without exception I default to your very extensive experience and expertise, but we'll have to agree to disagree here...at least for *that* engine.

I adjusted and monitored the tuning on this engine every day over a 2 month period during my daily commute, which is a mix of stop and go, highway, and backroads driving. With that AFR map my car was running <325 deg F temps all day long and I was getting ~28mpg highway. Oil temps never got above 225-230 deg F, that was stop and go in 95 degree summer heat on the highway. So, for *that* engine with its unique combination of components and wear, this fuel map was very effective.

IMO -- the takeaway here is that you can start with some basic guidelines, but it's important to measure what your engine is doing and give it what it wants.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 18 2012, 06:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 1 2012, 09:01 PM) *

11.5 is waaayy tooo rich under any operating conditions!

... we'll have to agree to disagree here...at least for *that* engine.

Is your motor turbocharged? Forced-induction cars can benefit from an overly-rich mixture because of the cooling effect of the extra fuel.

In general, though, a 11.5:1 mixture is richer than just about anybody needs. The engine should behave the same or better at 12.5:1. This could be an exception, but it would be unusual for an NA motor need to be that rich.

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 9 2012, 11:53 AM) *

When should [the PCV valve] be open and when should it be closed??

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/PCV.htm

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.