Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After market fuel injection for the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
Has anyone seen an after market fuel injection setup for the 914-4 that could be used on a 1.7L?
lapuwali
Do a search here. Megasquirt (complete DIY system), SDS, and Kit Carlson's soon-to-be-released EMS system are discussed at length in connection with this engine. 1.7, 1.8, 2.0, doesn't really matter except for tuning.
airsix
Pretty much any aftermarket PEFI will work, but none will be a bolt-on turn-key solution. Regardless of what you buy (except Kit Carson's - do a search) you are going to have to construct a wiring harness, mount sensors, and do all the tuning.

My daily driver is a PEFI turbo 1.7. Having PEFI is really great but getting it all set up right was a long road and at many points along the way I nearly went postal. The reward is great but I'm just warning you it's a lot of work.

-Ben M.
Mark Henry
I have the SDS, quite simple to program, the harness is good (but generic) the big downside was mounting the crank trigger. Kit’s system will have the drop in dizzy which will be cool.

you can see my install here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=0#entry204559
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.