Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Breakfast 9-16-12 @ 9:14 am
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mike Bellis
Time for another breakfast. This was inspired by some members on the Club site.

Original Pancake House, Fremont, CA on Sunday 9-16-12n @ 9:14am.

http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/fremont.html

Be there early to hang out. Some new members of the 914 Club site requested a get together. Lets show them a good 914 World turn out.

Cross posted at 914 Club http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=359690

Who can make it? piratenanner.gif
shoguneagle
As I said on the 914club board, I do miss these get togethers where you meed new and old friends over a great breakfast. I do like to read about these events since it helps me keep in touch with the activities in the Bay Area. When I lived there, had a lot of fun helping others on the 914s as well as these social events.

Keep them going.

Steve
Cairo94507
I will see if I can make it. smile.gif
Michael N
Thank you for making this on a Sunday. Sunday 9:14 services. I will be there!!! piratenanner.gif
JimN73
There's a good chance that the latest MS conversion will be ready. If so, I'll be there
dem
Assuming I manage to clean my idle jets, I'll be there. But my car will still be dusty.
SirAndy
I think i'll be able to make it ...

driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
damesandhotrods
I can commit to a definitely maybe…
smj
I've been hoping one of these would come together, but I'll be up at the LeMons race at Thunderhill next weekend. Well'p, just have to make sure there's another one a few weeks later. wink.gif
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif
pt_700
good chance i can make it and drag the poor wife along.

unless i'm leaning on a good welder friend to fix a crack in my klr's frame...

nice having an extra bike!
malaga_red75
i think I can make that.. might just be there to hangout for a bit as I already have brunch plans.

-Peter
Dave_Darling
I will try to be there. smile.gif

--DD
JStroud
Not sure if the car will make it, works been busy lately so the cars been doing a lot of sitting, motors back in but......

Might come in the work truck, looks like I might be working in San Jose that day, gotta eat breakfast chowtime.gif and fremont is on the way.

So thats a definite maybe smile.gif

Jeff
Cairo94507
Looks like I am out - phase one of replacing my wife's car with a new one is to sell her old car - I deliver that to the new owners on Saturday in West Sacramento at 11:00 AM. Then I get to move on to phase two.....finding her a really clean loaded 2010 997 C4S 6 speed coupe!

Pisses me off because I was looking forward to the breakfast. Well it is not Saturday yet - maybe the circumstances will change.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 10 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Looks like I am out - phase one of replacing my wife's car with a new one is to sell her old car - I deliver that to the new owners on Saturday in West Sacramento at 11:00 AM. Then I get to move on to phase two.....finding her a really clean loaded 2010 997 C4S 6 speed coupe!

Pisses me off because I was looking forward to the breakfast. Well it is not Saturday yet - maybe the circumstances will change.

The breakfast is Sunday! Bring her. She might want to see the riff raff you hang out with. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

biggrin.gif

--DD
Cairo94507
OH shit...how did I miss that. I am still in then.
matthepcat
I will give it a shot if my wife does not drag me to her high school reunion out of town.
dlkawashima
I'm planning to be there. We haven't had one in a while so hopefully we'll have a good turnout. driving-girl.gif

Click to view attachment
MartyYeoman
Can't make this one. Sorry. sad.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Sep 12 2012, 04:57 PM) *

Can't make this one. Sorry. sad.gif

hissyfit.gif
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif

Who else is coming?

Where's Lennie, Jeff and John?
Lennies914
I'm here.

Been super busy setting up my new shop (pictures soon). biggrin.gif Got the new '72 delivered last weekend (project thread coming soon). piratenanner.gif

The next two weekends are busy for me so I cannot make this one.
Seaside6
I can't make it due to a previously scheduled activity.

I and my 996 TT will be attending Coastal Driving School's 3-day driver's ed at Laguna Seca this weekend.

Maybe next time...
Dave_Darling
What about McMark?

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 14 2012, 10:15 AM) *
What about McMark?

He works on Sundays ... idea.gif
JStroud
Looks like I'm out, did the San Jose job today.....so Sunday I'll be in the garage working on my car smash.gif

Jeff
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif

Anyone else want to come to the 914 breakfast? No 914 required to attend... smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 15 2012, 11:09 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Anyone else want to come to the 914 breakfast? No 914 required to attend... smile.gif

Me and my well behaved girlfriend will be there!
driving.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif
dem
Still hoping to make it, had a bit of a stomach bug Friday, but improving quickly. Some pancakes would sort it right out, right?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 13 2012, 05:44 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Who else is coming?

Where's Lennie, Jeff and John?

Unfortunatly I can not attend on Sundays unless it is local far east bay. Saturdays are better for me!!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 15 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Unfortunately I can not attend on Sundays unless it is local far east bay. Saturdays are better for me!!

I decided to switch this one to Sunday because many work on Saturdays. You will be missed Jeff! and Lennie! and JeeperJohn! and, and, and everyone else that can't make it. sad.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 15 2012, 02:08 PM) *

Me and my well behaved girlfriend will be there!
driving.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif

Well-behaved? Won't Amoy be jealous?

--DD
Michael N
I went to Redbox at the 7-11 near my house tonight and see a beautiful flared 914-8 at the gas station next to the 7-11. I drive over and say, "hey there is a breakfast in Fremont tomorrow." Interesting that I did not know that Matthepcat lives so close to my home. We are both planning on being there. driving.gif
matthepcat
Small world for sure. Good to Learn your near by my place. I better call this glass the last one if I am getting up tomorrow!
beer3.gif
Mike Bellis
Good Morning! Time for the 914 Breakfast.

This mornings trivia:

Next year there will be a 914 breakfast at 9:14 AM on Saturday 9/14/2013... chowtime.gif
jeffdon
Sorry guys....motor is out of my car due to a cylinder head wanting to spit out number 2 plug...grrrr. And just way too bust getting set to head to Europe for a biz/pleasure trip.

Next time!
SirAndy
Leaving now ... driving.gif chowtime.gif
hydroliftin
I have to miss this one. I'm in New York today and no 914's anywhere in sight.
Mike Bellis
Oil cap blew off the car on the way home. sad.gif No damage but I did get a shower of little tiny oil droplets. I found the cap in the engine bay.

Fun time seeing everyone again. See you at the next one.

Amoy did behave even when the waiter brought her breakfast out 3 times.
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 16 2012, 12:49 PM) *
Oil cap blew off the car on the way home.

Must have happened before you left because we noticed a rather large oil puddle in your parking spot ...

I think Dave even took a picture of it.
idea.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 16 2012, 12:54 PM) *

Must have happened before you left because we noticed a rather large oil puddle in your parking spot ...

idea.gif

Damn it! headbang.gif
matthepcat
Too much high performance for the oil cap to handle.

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 16 2012, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 16 2012, 12:54 PM) *

idea.gif

Damn it! headbang.gif

matthepcat
Foggy morning crew

IPB Image
dem
Sorry I couldn't make it guys.. still not feeling well. Even the promise of pancakes could not convince my disease to flee.
dlkawashima
Mike, thanks for putting this one together. Some shots from today .....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JimN73
Click to view attachmentAmoy with her stylish hairdo and her lookalike breakfast.

Dave_Darling
Here it is. We figured that just meant your car was a real 914. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Here's Amoy's reaction to you starting up your car:

Click to view attachment

Standing around BSing before breakfast:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pt_700
sorry i missed this. my saturday evening just wasn't conducive to an early sunday...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.