Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA minimum weight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Woody
SCCA lists my minimum weight as 1863 lbs. Is this with or without the driver? Also is fuel load considered into this? Currently the car weighs in at 1871 with a couple gallons of fuel but without me in it.
ConeDodger
IIRC it is without driver... I agree though, the GCR is not clear on this. Try asking on the SCCA forum.
BMXerror
What class?
Mark D.
Woody
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Sep 13 2012, 10:10 PM) *

What class?
Mark D.

SSM
BMXerror
Without driver. Appendix A of the SCCA solo rules, page 198. Modified classes are the only classes that weigh with the driver.
Mark D.
Woody
Thanks Mark. smile.gif
BMXerror
You're welcome... You actually got me looking into using a 911SC for STR.
Mark D.
Woody
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Sep 14 2012, 11:31 PM) *

You're welcome... You actually got me looking into using a 911SC for STR.
Mark D.

That is a very popular class down here if not the most popular.
ottox914
QUOTE(Woody @ Sep 13 2012, 01:22 PM) *

SCCA lists my minimum weight as 1863 lbs. Is this with or without the driver? Also is fuel load considered into this? Currently the car weighs in at 1871 with a couple gallons of fuel but without me in it.

Sounds like you are right where you need to be. Don't forget they will weigh the cars after your last run at Nationals, and not making weight would be a sad thing. Better to be over by 5 pounds than under by 1.
J P Stein
We used to fill the gas tank in the pits just prior to the last run at the NT events although it was a 5 gallon tank...each day.....you need a manned fire extingusher standing by during a gas up.

Ayup, we were that close to minimum weight. There is variation in scales, BTW.
Always weigh up prior to the event on the scales at the venue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.