Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: breather line routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Just about ready to crank her over, does it matter how the breather lines are plumbed?

For example, should the lines from each head come together and then go to the catch tank while the line from the oil tower joins at the end of that run?

Or is it OK if the right head breather line connects T's to the oil tower breather and then get t'd to the left head breather and to the tank?

After this I just have to bolt up the header and countdown.
SirAndy
the heads "suck" at higher rpms and the oil-filler neck "blows" ... biggrin.gif

soo, yes, i think it matters. i have the oil filler line go straight to the breather box as well as the 2 head vents. that way, i get a nice flow ...

cool.gif Andy
ein 6er
dr,

moroso this weekend? i think i'm going on sunday only.

doug
VegasRacer
Andys looks pretty much the same way as mine is done.
machina
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Oct 27 2004, 06:52 PM)
dr,

moroso this weekend? i think i'm going on sunday only.

doug

doug,

I'll let you know if I make it. Got her cranked but not off the blocks yet and I don't know if the tranny or clutch will be "ready"
machina
Here's a couple pics of my rig. The catch tank is in the trunk and plumbed back thru the firewall. The drain for the tank is actually under the floor of the trunk. Looks neat and when its time to drain the oil, won't mess up the engine bay or trunk.

I may change the routing of the breather lines later, right now I just wanted to get her fired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.