Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SLITS
Greetings from the bowels of the earth ... Riverslime, CA. It is that time of year for all Porcupines to gather again before the coming of winter. I announce the whatever version of the G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. . The date shall be OCTOBER 28, 2012.The super-secret location for this momentous event is 2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, CA, 92507, hereafter known as Pig Hollow. It doesn't smell as good as Beaver, but we have less flies.

There are several notable changes in the venue, so pay attention to the following:

1.) After many beatings and hours under the heat lamps, I have been forced to accept the fact that we are now an official Region 8?/15? PCA event. To honor this major change in structure, I will be the one in the gold tinted Tuxedo using my favorite aftershave of wine and old cheese***.

2.) The PCA has awarded us sufficient sponsorship monies to purchase a new BBQ. This will allow us to burn the bovine flesh and Suidae family of even-toed ungulates flesh in a more even manner than before. We cannot guarantee that it will taste any better.

3.) We will make every effort to provide Veggie burgers to those that are so inclined. We will also provide lo/no fat tasteless cheese for these burgers so that the pretentious ones can feel good about themselves.

4.) Even though we are official, we will not deviate from our previous venue of not charging entrance, parking or swap space fees. The G&R has always been free with the exception of food and shall remain so.

Again I must warn those with lower than stock vehicles to be aware of the approach to the rear gate. Front valences and mufflers are especially subject to the 5 degree ramp required by the City of Riverside so please angle in to avoid leaving parts in the gutter.

You again will be able to view Glenns' 3.0 conversion on jackstands. To make sure the shell is stable, we have welded the jackstands to the shell as it will probably remain in this state for years.

Albertos' 3.0 conversion will not be available for public viewing as the blew off the offer for me to store it while he gets his act together. It will continue to reside in his garage collecting rat/mice turds and dust.

Depending upon time, we may have a bonfire. I intend to remove the drivetrain from the Slitsalom, roll it outside, douse it with gasoline and burn the body. Those wishing to dance around it must wear a loin cloth and carry spears.

Er(i)c Shea may again show off his fully polished trailer as the GT replica that sits on it probably won't be running due to his superior knowledge of 914 assemblies.

All Porsche vehicles are now welcome, but I refuse to change the title of this event to accommodate them. 911s will no longer be designated as parts cars for conversions, but it is ok to refer to them as that.

Remember there is only one Unisex bathroom, so don't bring your gastrointestinal problems with you.

Bringing your own libations is perfectly acceptable, but don't get out of hand. Excreting those libations in the parking lot behind objects is not acceptable. Pinch it off or plug it and await your turn in the Unisex restroom. If your libations are in glass bottles, please take care not to leave broken glass on the ground.

The Menu:

For Breakfast, we will provide coffee and donuts. If you bring your own breakfast make sure it is eaten prior to arrival or bring enough for everyone.

For the Flesh Roasting part of this event, we will again have burgers, hot dogs/bratwurst accompanied by chips and macaroni/potato salad.

If Joe shows up with his variations of Chili ... it's DAMN GOOD and will stay with you for a minimum of 24 hours.

We will have soda and water on hand also.

We are not funded for the food we provide so we will ask for a $5.00 donation per person if you decide to partake in our fabulous culinary offerings.

I will open the gate between 6:00 and 6:30 AM. Please don't bitch if I'm a little late as I have to get up at 4:00 AM to accomplish this feat and that usually puts me in a really bad mood. Hell, the chickens are still asleep at that time.

So, please bring all your unwanted rusty junk and try to sell it to someone else. We are especially fond of conversion parts and get first shot at them.

In case you get lost on your way, the following phone numbers may or may not be useful:

Ron: (951) 751-3584
Glenn: (951) 235-7349

Now, I realize that this announcement is probably tame compared to the others I have written, but give me a freakin' break. While I am wont to insult eveyone and everything, I'm trying to class up my act in light of our new status. It's worse than trying to quit smoking.

We hope to see all of you here. The G&R is and was always a gathering of friends and is dedicated to that idea.

If I have missed anything, please send me a PM. It will be politely ignored.

***And finally, thanks go out to Jim Lamonica and the rest of the PCA members for thinking so highly of us and providing the new BBQ. We deserve it. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
idea.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 15 2012, 06:51 AM) *

idea.gif

Oh come on E! What could you possibly need... It's done. Drive it. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
... new project. wink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 15 2012, 07:05 AM) *

... new project. wink.gif

Can we clone Vanessa? Yopu would short out and fly around the room backwards if I brought home another one...
Elliot Cannon
Finally a semi-sanctioned event. If you haven't attended this event, now you have absolutely almost NO reason not to. Besides, SLITS told me at the RRC that if more people show up than last time, he will change to a VEGAN diet and quit smoking. So, lets all do our part in improving Rons health. And who knows, maybe you might find something for your car. One thing I can promise is you will meet some good people with some nice cars and you WILL have a good time.
Cheers, Elliot
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 15 2012, 08:53 AM) *
... One thing I can promise is you will meet some good people with some nice cars ...
Only if I don't show up with the 'BB' laugh.gif

I've got it marked on the calendar

Click to view attachment
Madswede
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 15 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Finally a semi-sanctioned event. If you haven't attended this event, now you have absolutely almost NO reason not to. ... One thing I can promise is you will meet some good people with some nice cars and you WILL have a good time.

agree.gif As I said over on NARP, G&R is still the best time I've ever had in Riverside. Next time I can make it, I'll bring a car instead of a Ryder truck. laugh.gif
Sleepin
As if my mini swap meet at RRC wasn't enough, I will be seeing if I can generate another truckload of high grade German scrap.
Steve
So.. the President can't make it??
slap.gif stirthepot.gif
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 15 2012, 11:09 AM) *

Finally a semi-sanctioned event. If you haven't attended this event, now you have absolutely almost NO reason not to. ... One thing I can promise is you will meet some good people with some nice cars and you WILL have a good time.

agree.gif As I said over on NARP, G&R is still the best time I've ever had in Riverside. Next time I can make it, I'll bring a car instead of a Ryder truck. laugh.gif

( G&R is still the best time I've ever had in Riverside.)

I love this line. We all know how many fun and rewarding things their are to do in Riverside????

Sorry RON & Bruce Can I still come?
SLITS
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 15 2012, 02:07 PM) *

slap.gif stirthepot.gif

No .... his towel is in the wash.
SLITS
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Sep 15 2012, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 15 2012, 11:09 AM) *

( G&R is still the best time I've ever had in Riverside.)

I love this line. We all know how many fun and rewarding things their there are to do in Riverside????

Sorry RON & Bruce Glenn Can I still come?

Corrected .... you can come or breath hard anyway.
Steve
Hey, I was born in Riverside and I am proud of it. If I have any mental or physical problems due to the excess smog growing up, I now have something to blame it on.
lagunero
Hey! I didn't ignore you, time flew by. I actually logged on to post about the Halloween Run. See you at both...
76-914
I'm wearing my green robe and cowboy boots. happy11.gif I bought a set of Fuchs at the last meet. If you miss this event slap.gif slap.gif slap.gif
Valy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 15 2012, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 15 2012, 02:07 PM) *

slap.gif stirthepot.gif

No .... his towel is in the wash.

Bummer! I was hoping the President will give me a ride sad.gif
Now I have to ask Putin for a favor.
get off my lawn
Not sure if I can make it or not, but I'll be sure to send my assistant:

SLITS
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Sep 17 2012, 03:06 PM) *

Not sure if I can make it or not, but I'll be sure to send my assistant:

If he starts licking parts (car parts you pervert), he's outta here!
Eric_Shea
What does he assist you with?
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 17 2012, 05:01 PM) *

What does he assist you with?

Are you sure?
euro911
Richard Simmons is proof you are what you eat ...

Fuchin' Twinkie laugh.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif for the best 914 gathering in SoCal.
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
flash914
icon_bump.gif Least we forget
toolguy
icon_bump.gif
this is something you really should go to if you're close. . just a bunch of fun and lots of old parts and treasures.. . .
SLITS
icon_bump.gif

from down in the dumpster!!!

Dave's not here!
euro911
QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 1 2012, 05:09 PM) *
icon_bump.gif
this is something you really should go to if you're close. . just a bunch of fun and lots of old parts and treasures.. . .
I've been to several of these G&R things, and I'll agree there are lots of old Farts there ... but 'treasures'? ... confused24.gif

My mistake ... you said old PARTS laugh.gif
Thestigz06
I may make part of it if time limits allow, i will be coming in from opening weekend in Ocotillo Wells! aktion035.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif I think it's time for peep's to start listing what they're bringing, so I'll start. I'm bringing #1- a set of Fuch's (not the one's I just had re-finished but an Ace set) wheels with nice tires; #2 - NOS seat belts in original boxes; #3 - NOS rear rubber bumper top; #4 - and of course, some of the S.O.S. that everyone else brings. beerchug.gif
EDIT: No pre-orders accepted. You have to drag your butt down there. There is a rumor abound that Ron will be polishing/cleaning Fuch's (pro bono) for those attending. happy11.gif
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 2 2012, 07:52 AM) *

icon_bump.gif I think it's time for peep's to start listing what they're bringing, so I'll start. I'm bringing #1- a set of Fuch's (not the one's I just had re-finished but an Ace set) wheels with nice tires; #2 - NOS seat belts in original boxes; #3 - NOS rear rubber bumper top; #4 - and of course, some of the S.O.S. that everyone else brings. beerchug.gif
EDIT: No pre-orders accepted. You have to drag your butt down there. There is a rumor abound that Ron will be polishing/cleaning Fuch's (pro bono) for those attending. happy11.gif

I've got some stuff to sell this time. I'll be bringing this set of wheels to sell (real cheap). Maybe some other small stuff.
Elliot Cannon
Time to bump this. If you live within a few hundred miles of this event, you owe it to yourself to show up. Always a great time. I'll see you all there.
Cheers, Elliot
pete000
Any one need black bumpers from a 74? I can bring them.
Marv's3.6six
Time for a bump.

Quote:
I think it's time for peep's to start listing what they're bringing....

I am hopeful that I will be bringing my 914 it is supposed to be finished and make it's debut at this event.

I have my fingers crossed. smile.gif sad.gif dry.gif unsure.gif biggrin.gif
boogie_man
And miss this?? Not for the "world" drunk.gif bump to catch up with old friends
and that Ron guy.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Oct 12 2012, 10:23 AM) *

Time for a bump.

Quote:

I am hopeful that I will be bringing my 914 it is supposed to be finished and make it's debut at this event.

OK, I'm beginning to believe that this car doesn't even exist. av-943.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 12 2012, 01:55 PM) *

Time for a bump.

Quote:

It does ... I've seen it ... it's still on the lift (overpriced jackstands).
lagunero

Time for a bump.

Quote:

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
sixnotfour
... new project.

Dude I got you covered...LMK Ill tow it to Riverside
76-914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Oct 10 2012, 10:18 PM) *

Any one need black bumpers from a 74? I can bring them.

If they're free, yea. Don't want to cut up the chrome ones when I go water cooled. PM me is so. kent
markb
I'm stuck working (again), but if someone is going to be in my area, I have a bunch of "stuff" they could take down & I'd split the profits with them.
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 12 2012, 01:55 PM) *

Time for a bump.

Quote:

L-E-UT it does exist if only as an assembly of parts and was destined to ride a lift for the last 7 years...... maybe more? I don't know..... color me cautiously optimistic. blink.gif
914_teener
Discovery after spending some time under the car yesterday:

Missing the sheet metal clamping piece for the heater...the one on the driver side that clamps it to the fan shroud. So anybody has some sheet metal parts for that...I would need it.

Also....if somebody has a spare shifting rod bushing(s) bring them....I would glady relieve you of the extra parts in trade for some greenbacks.

Plus.....I am bringing some rusty stuff I have hanging around.
914_teener
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 13 2012, 10:23 AM) *

Missing the sheet metal clamping piece for the heater...the one on the driver side that clamps it to the fan shroud. So anybody has some sheet metal parts for that...I would need it.

Also....if somebody has a spare shifting rod bushing(s) bring them....I would glady relieve you of the extra parts in trade for some greenbacks.

Oopps....BTW...thanks for the use of the expensive jack stands yesterday Ceasar.....thank for the help. Now I can drive.
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 13 2012, 10:25 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 13 2012, 10:23 AM) *

Oopps....BTW...thanks for the use of the expensive jack stands yesterday Ceasar.....thank for the help. Now I can drive.

Anytime Rob! sunglasses.gif
SLITS
I was just notified that Factory 914/6 #11 will be in attendance. I am going to try to rope off a special place for it so you vultures can't get your grimy hands on it. slap.gif
Thestigz06
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 15 2012, 11:08 AM) *

I was just notified that Factory 914/6 #11 will be in attendance. I am going to try to rope off a special place for it so you vultures can't get your grimy hands on it. slap.gif

I'm sure the owner will watch it like a hawk! slap.gif
913B
Mr bdstone,
if you have a clean/plated strap for the brake fluid reservoir, please bring.

Also wanted :
- 2.0 engine/core and injectors if you got them.
- early fog lights

See you all there

beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.