Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rstover
I purchased this package to put in my bumblebee while working on it so I could drive it. I got the engine in and started last week and everything sounds and appears as advertised. My clutch cable was about 20 mm to long. By putting a couple of larger nuts on the cable it was at a point where it felt about right, but TO lever was hitting back of housing. I would like to keep the engine, clutch and flywheel package together. I do not know how the flywheel was lightened and did not measure it before putting together. I wanted to make sure the engine was running before proceeding. I should probably put a new TO bearing in . My question is do I need a special TO bearing or how do I shim the stock one. Or did I miss something else.Click to view attachment
CMONNETT
Check the ball cup on the back of the throw out bearing arm. It might be worn through.
rstover
QUOTE(rstover @ Sep 16 2012, 12:36 PM) *

I purchased this package to put in my bumblebee while working on it so I could drive it. I got the engine in and started last week and everything sounds and appears as advertised. My clutch cable was about 20 mm to long. By putting a couple of larger nuts on the cable it was at a point where it felt about right, but TO lever was hitting back of housing. I would like to keep the engine, clutch and flywheel package together. I do not know how the flywheel was lightened and did not measure it before putting together. I wanted to make sure the engine was running before proceeding. I should probably put a new TO bearing in . My question is do I need a special TO bearing or how do I shim the stock one. Or did miss somthing else. I don't think the previous post explained the clutch and flywheel, maybe this is better

2056cc
8.9/1 compression
Scat cam and lifters
Rod, main and cam bearings
New 96mm AA cylinder with KB pistons from Jake Raby
71mm crankshaft, polished and balanced
7 lb flywheel balanced
New Sachs clutch
Factory 2.0L heads, polished and ported, with stainless steel exhaust valves and new guides
Swivel feet valve adjusters
Rebuilt alternator
New German fuel injectors, vacuum lines and fuel hoses

Also available with modified D Jettronic fuel injection. Includes an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, adjustable manifold pressure sensor, adjustable temperature sensors, this was dialed in for this engine with an on board exhaust gas analyzer and a stop watch.

iss something else.Click to view attachment

mrbubblehead
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Sep 16 2012, 11:13 AM) *

Check the ball cup on the back of the throw out bearing arm. It might be worn through.

agree.gif

i had to add a washer under my ball after i had my flywheel resurfaced.
Dave_Darling
It is common, if you use the metal clutch clevis, to have to use 10-20mm worth of spacers on the end of the cable.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.