Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Lock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
Any trick in removing the plastic slider on the lock. The lock pictured has a broken ear and I would like to remove the plastic slider for another lock.
Mark Henry
Just open the handle and it will pull right off, you might have to sneek it out of the grooves.

What'scha buildin dOOd?
eric914
I tryed to encourage it and now have a three piece plastic thing. Any other thoughts. Should I drill out the rivet? I have two more locks I would like to get this piece off of. I have one good lock missing this piece.
Mark Henry
You will have to very gently pry the arms to sneek it in.

Try this:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...door_handle.htm
JZH
Might be a better idea to buy a new replacement "door handle insert" from automotion, etc. The old ones are probably just waiting to break once re-installed in a 914 (on a dark and stormy night, far from home, naturally)...

Ciao,

JZH
London, UK
www.vsource.org
boxstr
While on this subject,(outside door handles) has anyone taken one completely apart to have rechromed??
I notice that there are two plastic washers or sleeves that are on the flapper handle. Can all of this be taken apart and put together??
Thanks
CCLINGASFORGAS
URY914
You can remove the rivet by filing off the bottom of it than drive it out the top.
Make sure you're filing the bottom of the rivet if not, when you reinstall it in the door the rivet will work loose and slide out.

DO NOT drill out the rivet. File it and push it out. You have to be able to reuse it so drilling out will destroy it.

I rebuild them so if you have questions pm me.

Paul
boxstr
Paul Thank You very much.
CCLINFILEME
URY914
shameless plug

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=4&t=10309
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.