Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air fan woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine9three
I've done an extensive search on Fans but the questions don't really help me in my situation. First off the fan does not work. I do have power to the fan Rd/Wht wire. But here is where it gets strange. The three control setting wires Wht ones all have power at the switch (control lever). I thought these were ground wires? If they are ground, how would the power return back to the switch? confused24.gif
toolguy
You've got it right, just thinking wrong. . the blower has constant power applied from the fuses. . the switch connects one of 3 grounds back to the motor, depending on the motor speed selected. . so Yes, you will read battery, thru the motor windings, and coming into the switch on the 3 white leads. . grounding those leads is what completes the circuit. . see the brown ground strap from one of the terminals on the switch ? That needs constant good ground and is what is connected thru the switch wiper contacts and on to the white wires. .
By the way they are not all white. .
one is solid white, one is white/ yel trace and one is white / green trace IIRC

If you have a good ground and the motor doesn't run, I'd say your going to have to pull the blower assy and air box out. . the motor bearings freeze up from dirt and age and not being used and get hard to spin. . that will put a large electrical load on the wires and fuse. . worse case is you'll blow the fuse or melt wires/
Bad part is you have to pull the gas tank to get the air box out..
rhodyguy
take out the ashtray and shine a light down inside the tray hole. you'll see the contact slide fingers. prob give that area a good cleaning first esp the bottom side of the fingers. fold a fine emory paper, slide it between the fingers and run the dash side controls b&f a few times.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.