Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on a fickle starting question on my 2004 WRX Subie engine.

It has this fickle problem that appears to be related to being warmed up every so often.
Off and on, after being warmed up, it won’t start again until a person waits about 15 minutes and it will start back up.
The fuel pressure is at 40 when pump primes, and 40 when cranking over when it is acting up and not starting.

My electrician advised me that when it doesn’t want to start, to spray and small amount of starting fluid at the air filter to see if it will start, thus determining if it is a fuel problem or a electrical problem.

When doing that it, will start.
lester7410
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 23 2012, 10:39 PM) *

I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on a fickle starting question on my 2004 WRX Subie engine.

It has this fickle problem that appears to be related to being warmed up every so often.
Off and on, after being warmed up, it won’t start again until a person waits about 15 minutes and it will start back up.
The fuel pressure is at 40 when pump primes, and 40 when cranking over when it is acting up and not starting.

My electrician advised me that when it doesn’t want to start, to spray and small amount of starting fluid at the air filter to see if it will start, thus determining if it is a fuel problem or a electrical problem.

I can,t specifically address the Subie engine, but you have a fuel problem.

76-914
are you running the original 914 tranny and starter; the original power relay board? in other woids, what's OEM and what's been Subyfied?
timothy_nd28
Do you have a wiring diagram or schematic of this setup. What year is this suby engine, does it have the fly by wire setup?
benalishhero

Perhaps the comma is in the wrong spot in the last phrase?

If the car starts with starting fluid, you have a fuel delivery problem......
914itis

"My electrician advised me that when it doesn’t want to start" confused24.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.