Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 2.0L Injectors are Yellow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kbrunk1
Are the injectors supposed to be yellow on a 73 2.0L?

If not then are they OK?Click to view attachment
914Sixer
NO !!!!! They are green.
kbrunk1
This is a 2.0L engine. What happens if the injectors are yellow?
914Sixer
Yellow means they are 1.7 injectors. Probably not supplying enough fuel to the engine. The injection rate is different. If the color was blue or brown they would be for the 1.8 L.
kbrunk1
This car has 30K miles and is original (i thought) The original owner took it to the dealership every time for service.

Any guesses why it would have yellow injectors.
Car is marked 2.0L and the Dealer invoice says 2.0L?
kbrunk1
Anyone got some green ones?
Dave_Darling
The spark plug holes say that it's a 2.0 as well.

--DD
brant
dealer, or somebody put the wrong injectors in it

probably at a time when the green ones were not available.

b
Drums66
.....What dealer?...so I can avoid them laugh.gif
bye1.gif
euro911
It IS possible to find one with only 30K, but not very often. Engine tin looks kind of beat up for only 30K. Maybe it's really 130K confused24.gif

Did you get any service records with the car? If so, see if you can find a service ticket that lists the part #s for any injectors that may have been installed confused24.gif

Stick it on an A/F meter to see how it's burning. Might be running lean. If not ... enjoy smile.gif
JawjaPorsche
I had a similar problem last year. Someone replaced my yellow injectors with green ones in my 1.7. Installed the correct yellow injectors and I am getting much better gas mileage not to mention it is running better!
JeffBowlsby
New green 2.0L injectors can be had from a few vendors for around $400 or a little less.

I also have a bag of spare used 2.0 injectors that I could send out for rebuild and supply to you. PM/email me if interested in working out a deal.
sean_v8_914
I see green ones on 1.7s and yellows on a 2.0. it is a common mistake.
1.8 injectors will not work on D jet
euro911
Organize a trade shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.