Hello!

I am building a 914/6 GT clone.

I need vented discs rear ?

Who sells them ?

Niklas
Niklas
Anyone ??
bulitt
I believe the 914-6 used a solid rear rotor. The rotor is too thin to be vented with the stock caliper. The best you can do is cross drilled, or slotted? I'm sure the experts will chime in shortly.
rotors are available from
PMB porsche parts and
GPR porsche parts. Look in the vendor forum for links to their sites.
bcheney
PMB is a great source for everything about braking with your 914. Here is one way to go.

The 914 V-Caliper kit was designed to allow teeners the use of a 911 vented rear rotor on their 4 or 5 lug cars (If you’re going to remain 4-lug you’ll need to have the 911 rotors drilled for the 4 x130mm pattern). If you’re mechanically inclined and you want to rebuild your own calipers, here’s your money saving alternative.

These kits are designed to work on the 1973 through 1976 (late) calipers that use the machined caliper nose and hex bolts. The early through bolt hardware is no longer available in the States and would be cost prohibitive. Everything in this kit will work on an early caliper with the exception of the hardware.

The kit includes:

* (4) Caliper spacers (enough for two rear calipers)
* (8) Longer 11mm hex bolts.
* (8) Caliper seals.
* (4) Longer brake pad pins.
* (2) Rotor spacers drilled for 4 or 5-lug applications (vented rotors need to be drilled for 4-lug applications.)

This application will now use the standard 1970-1983 vented rear rotor. The vented rotor will need 4mm turned off the outside edge (8mm total). You will also need a 911 rear brake caliper accessory kit to modify the 914 rear pad springs with the wider spreader.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/5314821.htm
mepstein
914-6 GT rotor from PMB Performance
Eric_Shea
GTs have vented rotors. Two models I've seen:

1. 914-6 caliper with spacers and longer fasteners. Hence the rare as hens teeth GT calipers. I have a set for sale in the classifieds but you probably won't like the price.

2. Rally modified GTs with 911 handbrakes and handbrake assemblies that used 911 rear calipers.

Both used a custom offset GT rear rotor which is still available from Porsche for $250ish... each.

Best bet is a 911 rear rotor with mounting ear spacers or rotor spacers under the hat.
914werke
Rotor Spacers under the hat is probably best bet as the those 911 rotors can have a mm step at the inside mount surface preventing flush seating to the hub
bob
Which rotors go with the "rare as hens teeth GT calipers"? Do you have to modify anything?

-bob
Eric_Shea
Rotor Spacers under the hat is probably best bet as the those 911 rotors can have a mm step at the inside mount surface preventing flush seating to the hub

Ut uuuuh.

Which rotors go with the "rare as hens teeth GT calipers"? Do you have to modify anything?

1. Factory GT rotors @ $250.00 (which really isn't that bad when you consider you probably won't ever have to get another pair).

2. 911 Rear rotors with the following mod(s):

a ) 5mm spacers under the caliper ears, or
b ) 5mm spacers under the rotor hats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.