Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix Ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Getting into my first tune up I checked the ignition dwell and it reads a pretty steady 41 through the rpm range. Engine is warm after a drive. Spec is 44-50. I pop the cap and whoa, someone had installed a Pertronix on this car. So is the dwell angle okay? Any adjustments to make here?
Java2570
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Oct 7 2012, 03:13 PM) *

Getting into my first tune up I checked the ignition dwell and it reads a pretty steady 41 through the rpm range. Engine is warm after a drive. Spec is 44-50. I pop the cap and whoa, someone had installed a Pertronix on this car. So is the dwell angle okay? Any adjustments to make here?

With the Pertronix installed, dwell isn't adjusted anymore. As long as your Pertronix unit has the specified gap between the magnet sleeve and the unit, you are good to go. The Pertronix comes with a plastic gap feeler but I don't remember what it's set at now; you should be able to find out on the Pertronix website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.