Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Linkage Bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
This bracket is just not looking setup right to me. I want to have a new one cut to re-position the cable...which looks really long..

Can I remove the nuts that hold this on without a problem to the case?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

URY914
You can remove the nuts without a problem.
7TPorsh
cool that will make it easier.

Anyway to cut down the cable or I need to replace it...or is it ok?

Any pics of a correct setup would be appreciated. Does cable route left or right of the oil neck?

Hex bar attachment pointing up or down?
somd914
Concur that you can remove the nuts without any issues.

My throttle cable routes to the passenger side of the cooling fan housing. It's a bit long in my opinion but works for now until I can upgrade the linkage.

Click to view attachment
yeahmag
The hard mount of that dual pole sender may end in tears... I'd strongly consider soft mounting it with a grease gun/paintball gun hose.
somd914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 29 2012, 02:29 PM) *

The hard mount of that dual pole sender may end in tears... I'd strongly consider soft mounting it with a grease gun/paintball gun hose.

That has been on my to do list for a while - never liked it, but just keep forgetting about. Thanks for the reminder.
7TPorsh
...bumping my thread now that I'm ready to tackle this.

Does anyone make or have a new bracket? Like the one pictured? I think the one I have is just too big and twisted and it will be easier to buy than design and make one....unless somebody here wants to start producing these for the group...
screenguy914
Cable sheath geometry looks fine.

Does the throttle linkage arm have sufficient travel as is? If so, just shorten the cable.

Although no one mentioned it, if you remove/relocate the cable mount bracket, reinstall the case nuts.

Sherwood
McMark
Order a CSP Linkage and I'll get you the bracket you need. wink.gif

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...129%2D941%2D400

And get a new throttle cable, and pull that 'sound deadening' out before it clogs your fan and overheats your motor (reach in and check the fan now, as well).

I'm so demanding. whack_3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 29 2016, 10:30 AM) *
I'm so demanding. whack_3.gif

biggrin.gif unsure.gif idea.gif
7TPorsh
Bumping again!

Seems I made do with the hex bar and bracket setup for a while...but no more.

Just received the CSP linkage kit and ready to tackle it. So full circle back to needing a cable bracket. Can't believe how dirty my engine is in these old pics.

@McMark Do you have one lying around? Eager to do the upgrade.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(somd914 @ Oct 29 2012, 01:56 PM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 29 2012, 02:29 PM) *

That has been on my to do list for a while - never liked it, but just keep forgetting about. Thanks for the reminder.

Actually, the grease gun hose ended in tears for us. The hose split and blew oil all over the engine compartment.

I have been hard mounting a single pole gauge sender and a stock idiot light sender for over 300,000 miles. (Betty's car has 400,000 miles on the odometer, I didn't put the oil pressure gauge on until it was around 100,000 miles). The gauge sender is mounted as low as it can go, and it is supported with a clamp and bracket on the engine tin.

McMark
Yeah, I've got some more of those. I'll get one ready for ya...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.