Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
Good morning,

Other than align boring and oil galley removal and threading for pipe plugs what else should I plan on having done to my 1.8L case. What about blueprinting? Is it necessary?

Thanks

David
914Sixer
Nothing else IF you are going stock.
MrHyde
You may need the cylinder registers decked if they are sagging at all.
Harpo
Thanks for your help.

This block will eventually be a 2270. Hopefully about 180 HP.

DAvid
nathansnathan
You may want to check the oil pressure relief valve bore and seat. They get to the point where it affects oil pressure. The seat can be dressed, but I'm not sure about the bore.

You should be able to feel some groove there with your pinky as they are all worn a bit.

Adrian from HFM showed me a tool he'd made, a relief piston welded to the end of a screw driver handle. He'd stick that up there to check them - he showed me how he could cock it by like 20 degrees in the spot my case was worn. I'd had this case align bored at Rimco in santa ana and was killing myself wondering where the oil pressure was going.
914_teener
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Nov 5 2012, 05:55 AM) *

You may want to check the oil pressure relief valve bore and seat. They get to the point where it affects oil pressure. The seat can be dressed, but I'm not sure about the bore.

You should be able to feel some groove there with your pinky as they are all worn a bit.

Adrian from HFM showed me a tool he'd made, a relief piston welded to the end of a screw driver handle. He'd stick that up there to check them - he showed me how he could cock it by like 20 degrees in the spot my case was worn. I'd had this case align bored at Rimco in santa ana and was killing myself wondering where the oil pressure was going.

So if the bore is worn...what to do?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.