Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to hold door window in track ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Have a drivers window loose from track. Original was material in the track but cleaned it out.
What do I use to make it reasonably permanent in track. I am sure something is available just not sure.
Incidentally trying to avoid pulling it all out of the door.
Thanks
Terry
bulitt
Here's a thread- Window
Mikey914
With the late style window (as shown in the link), I believe you are referring to the "fuzzies" that are helping to hold the window and keep it from banging around.

The good news is the front and rear vertical ones can be replaced with the window in the car. The bad news is the horizontal one on the outside edge of the car will require the window to come out. Usually it's the one that no one has ever replaced as it's more difficult to get to.

Hope this helps
914werke
Perhaps not Mark.
I just did this with the LE.
Late Regulators have a steel guide that secures (with glue) the glass.
The bottom edge is wrapped with a rubber sleeve then glued & pressed into that guide. Over 30+ yrs & often window misalignment with the associated pressure on the sliding glass, that glue gives up.
You really need to remove the assembly clean it of all the old glue reassemble and reinstall.
Mikey914
Let me rephrase it. You can't remove the outer fuzzies without removing the window.
With that being said, if you really want to get it all cleaned up and working properly, you really want to removethe glass as it allows you access to all the seals and it's not that difficult. Say a 3.5 out of 10. Just takes time and patience.
sixaddict
Thanks ......Even my hands are chlostraphobic so make it a 10
Thanks for the help !!

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 6 2012, 11:40 AM) *

Let me rephrase it. You can't remove the outer fuzzies without removing the window.
With that being said, if you really want to get it all cleaned up and working properly, you really want to removethe glass as it allows you access to all the seals and it's not that difficult. Say a 3.5 out of 10. Just takes time and patience.

76-914
silicone, and not the cheap crap.
TheCabinetmaker
This topic has been discussed several times. Go to a glass shop or auto paint store and get a tube of urethane.
bulitt
Urethane - (in the link)
FLAPS- 24$
Summit- 17$
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.