Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went for ride in a new 996TT today....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Wow is all I can say...very impressive car, tight feeling, yet rode so much better than my '91 911....the power is silly (had the X50 40hp option or something like that)

I think I'll be playing the CA Lotto at least once a week a now...heck, the one dollar I spend on donuts would be better spent elsewhere smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 14 2003, 09:27 PM)
heck, the one dollar I spend on donuts ...

is that per 1/4 hour? laugh.gif

sorry, couldn't resist ...
Andy
Brad Roberts
So.. you two new I was going to puke...

I now really feel like puking... I lost my backup 9146 because JD didnt tell me the guy called twice for me last week. The buyer is coming tomorrow to buy the backup six I had dibs on. Jim Chambers from Portland is snatching it from me.

What a FUCKED UP DAY.

The only bright spot was the lunch with PeteS and seeing your stupid giddy grin after riding in the X50.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 14 2003, 09:33 PM)
I lost my backup 9146 ...

outsch, that hurts. now what? use the shell that is sitting outside?
Brad Roberts
First thing to do.. is pull out my remaining green hair and figure how/when the tide will turn and shit will go correctly for once.

I think I'm going to bail on the 60k car. I'm starting to get tired of dealing with the bullshit. Its not worth it.
ChrisReale
From the PP 911 board:
I see 996TT's everyday. Saw one this morning at the cafe. At 6am in the empty streets, it actually sounded pretty good pulling away. The driver was an old guy, but I could hear him stomp it through the intersection. True, most guys with those cars couldn't give a sh!t about my Porsche. That's why I LOVE to see 914 guys hand them their ass at the autocross! Beautiful! boldblue.gif
EdwardBlume
Have faith my friend. You will find many more opportunities in your travels.
Brad Roberts
Its hard to keep your faith.. when you keep losing your ass on deals. I need to attend the Craig Lauglin school of car buying/selling.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 14 2003, 09:45 PM)
First thing to do.. is pull out my remaining green hair and figure how/when the tide will turn and shit will go correctly for once.

I think I'm going to bail on the 60k car. I'm starting to get tired of dealing with the bullshit. Its not worth it.

we need a smilie with a violin !!! -_-

i know for a fact, you DO want to built that $60k car.

we'll find a good tub for a good price ...
Brad Roberts
Why cant I just be Dave Darling and not actually build or drive 914's ?? I dont really have to build them do I ?? Cant I just be a friggin machine operator and do mindless dumb jobs that pay nothing ??

B
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 14 2003, 09:50 PM)
Its hard to keep your faith.. when you keep losing your ass on deals. I need to attend the Craig Lauglin school of car buying/selling.

B

You need a crew of goons. Tough guys who intimidate. You also need some geeks who cruise the internet all day and drink 2Liter bottles of Mountain Dew in a single sitting. That way you can network and cover a the greater area of the USA and get what you want :toilet:
Brad Roberts
No. I need to focus on SSI and build a empire that rivals Alex Borla.... Flowmaster..... and drop this 914 shit like a bad habit.

ar15.gif

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 14 2003, 09:58 PM)
Why cant I just be Dave Darling and not actually build or drive 914's ?? I dont really have to build them do I ?? Cant I just be a friggin machine operator and do mindless dumb jobs that pay nothing ??

i thought this day would never come!
Dave Darling as a role model cool.gif

seriousness aside, face it, you're addicted to this stuff.
just look at your garage B.

you don't need a mindless job, you need counseling.
just like the rest of us.

have a good puke tonight and i will help you find
a nice /6 in the next few days and then we get started
on the $60k restauration. dammit ...

Andy
Qarl
Mueller, you're a weenie... Driving a 996TT and telling us about it...

Was it too much horsepower? It's going to make you want to figure out how to stuff and plumb one of those motors into a 914.
Brad Roberts
We talked about what it would take to build a 914 that would hang with a GT2.

The lunch with PeteS went well Karl...

Lunch attendees:

Steve
TonyH
TonyC
MarkD
Andy (Sir)
Me
PeteS
MikeM

B
Brad Roberts
PeteS was in the X50 (test driving) rough job.

B
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 14 2003, 09:07 PM)
you don't need a mindless job, you need counseling.
just like the rest of us.

Isnt this forum counseling enough confused24.gif

Works great, for me...
L8Apex
was it a silver like this?

IPB Image

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
You know.. Dave... I rarely let crap get to me (which is a bad thing) I let it build up and as crap starts getting worse (wife losing job..me with no income) busting my ass for no apparent reason starts to suck highly.

I seem to create my own hell.

B
GWN7
Crystal ball says there is something nice in the mail to you. smile.gif

Offers still open for me to drum up business up here...just send me some price lists.
Brad Roberts
I'll be hounding YOU weekly when this next run of 911HE's are done. We just started production on 1000 sets last week and more steel arrived today. The tubing should be here within 20 days.

B
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 14 2003, 09:20 PM)
You know.. Dave... I rarely let crap get to me (which is a bad thing) I let it build up and as crap starts getting worse (wife losing job..me with no income) busting my ass for no apparent reason starts to suck highly.

I seem to create my own hell.

B

I feel you. Always know, the grass AINT no greener...

Chin up, bro. You know there are kids starving in Africa, SARS in China, and a stoned gimp givin' you shit wink.gif

You know we wub.gif you...

Winners never quit, Quitters never win
ChrisReale
Dave, the grass is always green when it in your possession laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. I hear you. It could be a little worse. I can eat/live/breath/ and shit normally.

Can I ride in your wheelchair when we pick that bad boy up ??

B
ChrisReale
Put some slicks on it and a sway bar and have races around the parking lot of Daves apt.
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ May 14 2003, 08:47 PM)
From the PP 911 board:
I see 996TT's everyday. Saw one this morning at the cafe. At 6am in the empty streets, it actually sounded pretty good pulling away. The driver was an old guy, but I could hear him stomp it through the intersection. True, most guys with those cars couldn't give a sh!t about my Porsche. That's why I LOVE to see 914 guys hand them their ass at the autocross! Beautiful! boldblue.gif

We have a 996T owner that comes to play at the ORPCA AX's. His sons share the ride in "mom's" C4.

He's a regular guy .....a bit more well off that most, I would guess. He beat me once and seemed to enjoy that fact (almost as much as I enjoy beating him biggrin.gif ).
Our converstions have been limited, but he has been interested in my shitbox..."What have you done to that thing this time"?......"Just a few tweaks", says I.

He put some R spec Hoosiers on it last season and whupped me, but (with the rains) hasn't used them this year. He will be increasingly hard to deal with as he get more butt time, me thinks.....but that's where to fun comes in.

As far as I know, the only thing we have in common is driving the crap out of our cars....and that's gud enuff.
Lawrence
Not to poke a stick in your cage...

But did I miss something about a "backup 914/6"?

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
I usually have 2-3 9146's waiting in the wings (not that I own) I just keep tabs on them.

I have already stoked the fire under another one that I have let sit and collect dust.

B
Lawrence
Ahhh... okay. Yeah, that sounds like a bitch.

Any luck on the job front with your wife?

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
No job. Deloitte and Touch was the best bet.. and they havent called us back in 3-4 days after chatting with her twice.

We are holding our breath.

B
Lawrence
I wish you both good luck.
Qarl
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Toilet and Douche! I always laugh when I hear that name (it brings out the little kid in me).

Regards,

Karl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.