Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Mr. Miagi" 76' Subie Powered Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
wingnut86
Sorry build fans.

Been busy getting employed again.

P.S. Big thanks to that other Gamecock - Mr. Bill.

WTF.gif ...although he's spending waaay too much time on dem little Brit boards lately biggrin.gif

Ruby - I can't remember the paint code, but it's a 2013 Toyo color. Scotty has some good color in stock as well if I ever get back to him on next steps.

Kinda busy learning the new job and hiring field engineers who like working 175+ days on the road per year -

Andy, ban me if that shameless plug isn't allowed. Honestly I can't remember if recruiting other members is allowed beer.gif

Later Taters from Mile High Country for a few more months...

P.S. who the hell lives near Centennial and wants to blow my hair back in their winterized Teener while I'm out here - The Staybridge is driving me MORE nuts happy11.gif

Eric_Shea
It lives! ohmy.gif
wingnut86
...and, I'm still better looking, you Dweeb piratenanner.gif

Geez, frikkin "Brake Gnomes" crossing my garage floor.

Worse than a bunch of crack hooked Oompah Loompahs beer.gif
ruby914
QUOTE(laflaur @ Aug 29 2013, 09:05 AM) *

Nice build, Hey, how close is that gauge pod to the windshield, looks pretty deep.
Lots of nice little details in this build!

Best I recall it is about 7/8".
Sorry it took so long to reply, I took my time because I new Dave would need a icon_bump.gif bump.

I've got something I want to show you Dave. PM sent.
billh1963
Dave...what's the latest?
scotty b
He's waiting on me to get caught up unsure.gif
wingnut86
You nuts

I'm growing a beard Bill, how's your little British stable?

Pictures for us of your new barn maybe confused24.gif
scotty b
Got some time in on Dave car. Got some primer on the flares and started the body work. Started removing the engine shelf and just like every other 914, there was something funky going on in the hell hole dry.gif
effutuo101
I love all of these build threads! Good to see how people solve problems.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 29 2013, 09:19 PM) *

Got some time in on Dave car. Got some primer on the flares and started the body work. Started removing the engine shelf and just like every other 914, there was something funky going on in the hell hole dry.gif

Bond fix everything (?).
wingnut86
No, it wasn't that easy.

Scott said it looked similar to some extraterrestrial tar colored blob.

He doesn't smile when he works on Mr. Miagi anymore barf.gif

Good News though!

He's posting new images of the carnage this weekend sad.gif

popcorn[1].gif
billh1963
Scott will get it fixed!
scotty b
all but one flare in high build primer now. I wasn't happy with the fit up on it and reworked it so it's a day behind the rest. Should have it done monday. then the hell hole fix is up dry.gif
OllieG
On post #53,will the pipes you've welded in to reinforce the suspension ears be well clear of the engine? I've got some Tangerine Racing Heim Rods to do the same job and was wondering if there might be a conflict...
scotty b
QUOTE(OllieG @ Jan 13 2014, 02:08 AM) *

On post #53,will the pipes you've welded in to reinforce the suspension ears be well clear of the engine? I've got some Tangerine Racing Heim Rods to do the same job and was wondering if there might be a conflict...

they should, they are Tangerines kit too, just not the heim steup.
CptTripps
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 13 2014, 10:05 AM) *

they should, they are Tangerines kit too, just not the heim steup.

That looks like it'd be easy to make.

Great work on the flares. They look awesome.
scotty b
All body panels have now been blocked down to remove the lacquer based primer that was on it, and coated with epoxy then a couple coats of high build primer followed by a guide coat. Next step will be to finish out the engine bay, and start fabbing and running the coolant system smile.gif
wingnut86
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

chowtime.gif smash.gif stirthepot.gif smoke.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif dance.gif

rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif party.gif party.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif shocked[1].gif shocked[1].gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif new_shocked.gif

evilgrin.gif
76-914
Stellar frigen work Scotty.
wingnut86
As Slim Pickens would say...

WAHOO!

Click to view attachment
scotty b
Oh yeah your boxes o' parts showed up wednesday
76-914
What ever happened with this Suby conversion?
wingnut86
#1 - Unemployment... confused24.gif

#2 - Still waiting for Ian to ship me or Scotty my previously "paid for" high-end axles and other parts... WTF.gif
76-914
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Jun 26 2015, 04:56 PM) *

#1 - Unemployment... confused24.gif

#2 - Still waiting for Ian to ship me or Scotty my previously "paid for" high-end axles and other parts... WTF.gif

Well Rat Shit! That sucks. Hopefully there is a solution on the horizon. It's odd that Ian wouldn't refund if he couldn't ship. shades.gif He makes good product but has never been able to keep up with demand. In fact, that is what prompted me to build my own stuff. Here's to your future completion beerchug.gif and looking forward to seeing your build back up here soon.
wingnut86
Parts arrived in 2 shipments from Ian 1 week ago.

Received:

From Ian - 2 custom half-shafts and the additional support for the custom Suby cradle I received 2 or more years ago (4 and 6 cylinder support).

Drop shipped from Ian's Suby connection - stub outs that support the earlier Suby 5-speed tranny (2005 and earlier?) and some c-clips, etc...

NOW - Scott has been waiting for a while on these, so I need to ship them all back out to Kahiko Customs this week some time...

yeehaw.
76-914
piratenanner.gif Back in the Saddle.
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Jul 22 2015, 10:19 AM) *

Parts arrived in 2 shipments from Ian 1 week ago.

Received:

From Ian - 2 custom half-shafts and the additional support for the custom Suby cradle I received 2 or more years ago (4 and 6 cylinder support).

Drop shipped from Ian's Suby connection - stub outs that support the earlier Suby 5-speed tranny (2005 and earlier?) and some c-clips, etc...

NOW - Scott has been waiting for a while on these, so I need to ship them all back out to Kahiko Customs this week some time...

yeehaw.

Isn't today your birthday? poke.gif
wingnut86
I'm Selling the Car & Bits...
DRPHIL914
hissyfit.gif sorry to hear that, have you listed it in the classifieds yet?
wingnut86
Nope.

I can't even finish the image sets & I already have folks interested.

I should have a REAL posting by late tonight.

Pelican & TheSamba will have to be a far 2nd behind you guys.

FYI => Dave D. - Please don't share on Pelican until I actually fill out the Classified Post:-))

jos.hall
What's up with the Grand wagoneer?
scotty b
QUOTE(jos.hall @ Aug 30 2015, 03:53 PM) *

What's up with the Grand wagoneer?

built by JEEP...owned by my dad confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.