Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scheel Sport Seats for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pat9146
Click to view attachmentThese seats came out of my 914LE. I am going back to the original seats. These are replacement seats that will use the current seat frames for original 914 seats. These seats are in very good shape. There is a scrape on the top right of the driver's seat. I am only able to post one pic due to my file size. That is the only flaw on the material that I could find. I am only able to post one pic due to my file size. The seats are leather and I believe a corduroy for the cushions. These seats will retail new for just under $1000 each. Why not get a pair of very good Scheel Classic seats for a huge discount. I have described the seats as best I could. Please contact me if you have any questions. No expressed or implied warranty is made as to product's suitability for any use or ability to protect the user from any injury or death. The user assumes that risk. I shall not be liable to purchaser or to any third party for any damages arising out of the purchase, installation, recommendation or use of any product or combination of products. It is the user's or purchaser's responsibility to determine any specification that may be needed in the use of these products. I will ship the products any way the buyer wants. I will only charge what I am charged plus the cost of the box (container and packaging). This will vary according to location. I am asking $1200 for the pair. You can contact me 309-657-4799. I have other pictures just email me. greenanpj@comcast.net . Thanks Pat

Bullethead
QUOTE(pat9146 @ Nov 15 2012, 07:35 PM) *

No expressed or implied warranty is made as to product's suitability for any use or ability to protect the user from any injury or death. The user assumes that risk. I shall not be liable to purchaser or to any third party for any damages arising out of the purchase, installation, recommendation or use of any product or combination of products. It is the user's or purchaser's responsibility to determine any specification that may be needed in the use of these products.

WTF.gif Mmmmm, OK. Why not RESIZE your photos so you can post all the detail images you want. Those inserts look like feedsack burlap, not Scheel corduroy.
pat9146
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=346
218]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=346214]Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Nov 15 2012, 10:58 PM) *

QUOTE(pat9146 @ Nov 15 2012, 07:35 PM) *

No expressed or implied warranty is made as to product's suitability for any use or ability to protect the user from any injury or death. The user assumes that risk. I shall not be liable to purchaser or to any third party for any damages arising out of the purchase, installation, recommendation or use of any product or combination of products. It is the user's or purchaser's responsibility to determine any specification that may be needed in the use of these products.

WTF.gif Mmmmm, OK. Why not RESIZE your photos so you can post all the detail images you want. Those inserts look like feedsack burlap, not Scheel corduroy.

Thanks for the help. Not very techi here. You could be right about the burlap. I was trying to find something about the seats and the closest material listed was corduroy. I will go with burlap. I am not trying to misrepresent the seats.
larryM
that's a fair deal on the seats - real Scheel badges !!

i think you will find that the black material is vinyl - not leather - 914 Scheels were oem vinyl

the fabric you show is clearly not burlap, but it is some aftermarket stuff that is not original to the period, so it tends to degrade value

- you may find some real burlap sling material in the undersides of original Scheels, and by now it probably is rotten unless it was also replaced

yes, I have an original Scheel - and also an old oem Scheel catalog with the period optional fabrics shown

fwiw
the big problem in selling them is that they cost a ton to ship - they have to go by volume, not weight, so figure $150 or more , each - shipping

I twice bought, sold & shipped a 911 Scheel - about a year ago - I had to discount my price not to exceed $600 shipped

and also consider your competition - $595 each - new - www.classiccarseats.com/nurburging-seats-

Bullethead
MUCH better photos... those are hard to find Scheel 300s (w/914 headrests) not the narrow 914 Scheel. I know, I own several sets.
Desirable and correct for BMW CSLs and early 911s, you might wanna post them to the E9 forums & the Bird. Price is very fair... GLWTS.

For comparison, here's the interior of my unrestored CSL:

Click to view attachment
pat9146
QUOTE(larryM @ Nov 16 2012, 03:22 PM) *

that's a fair deal on the seats - real Scheel badges !!

i think you will find that the black material is vinyl - not leather - 914 Scheels were oem vinyl

the fabric you show is clearly not burlap, but it is some aftermarket stuff that is not original to the period, so it tends to degrade value

- you may find some real burlap sling material in the undersides of original Scheels, and by now it probably is rotten unless it was also replaced

yes, I have an original Scheel - and also an old oem Scheel catalog with the period optional fabrics shown

fwiw
the big problem in selling them is that they cost a ton to ship - they have to go by volume, not weight, so figure $150 or more , each - shipping

I twice bought, sold & shipped a 911 Scheel - about a year ago - I had to discount my price not to exceed $600 shipped

and also consider your competition - $595 each - new - www.classiccarseats.com/nurburging-seats-

Larry thank you for your input. I wasn't sure of the material. Sounds like I am still not sure of it. Yes shipping will be more than the average package. The site you noted is where I was getting my information and thought the material was the same as was on my seats and was guessing on the cushions.
pat9146
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Nov 16 2012, 07:58 PM) *

MUCH better photos... those are hard to find Scheel 300s (w/914 headrests) not the narrow 914 Scheel. I know, I own several sets.
Desirable and correct for BMW CSLs and early 911s, you might wanna post them to the E9 forums & the Bird. Price is very fair... GLWTS.

For comparison, here's the interior of my unrestored CSL:

Click to view attachment

Bullethead, very nice seats. They look good in your car. I will follow up on your suggestion. Thanks for your input. It is appreciated.
pat9146
Sale pending
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.