Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at a 912.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
I imagine there is a time in every 914 lovers life where he or she becomes curious about the 914s tail dragging cousins. I have found a 1967 912 nearby that seems to have a good body, is missing the interior and is said to have a rebuilt engine but is not running. When I got my 914 it was pretty much in the shape its is now and I'm crazy enough to think I want a project. I'm thinking a 912 rest o mod outlaw kind of thing sounds pretty cool. Just looking for some good ole 914 world advice on good resources for this type of experiment. beerchug.gif Thanks everybody!
GeorgeRud
Pelican parts has several discussion groups. The body, transmission and suspension would be well covered on the early 911 forums, and the engine on 356 forums if there is not a 912 list.

The 356 Registry would also be a good source of engine information. The 912s are a nice, simple car, though I imagine that parts will be getting quite pricey as they are for early 911s.
oldschool
My first 912...1968Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
McMark's wife has a 912. He has sources for 912 groups too. When we had the Evil Transmission Clinic at Original Customs a few years back, half the people there were 912 guys...
scotty b
agree.gif Pelican, 356 registry,

Early S registry, has all the early 911/912 info you ever wanted to find as well as a couple members who do REALLY nice repro parts like luggage racks, dash knobs, misc rubber parts etc.
vitaminC
Nice forum at http://www.912bbs.org/vb/forum.php?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Check the P.C.A. 912 registry. should be all you ever need to know there. Dave slap.gif
Mark Henry
If anyone is looking I know where there's a complete super nice '66 for sale, $12K but I mean supernice/complete.
Bad no engine but have a 66 engine (100 numbers off) for $1K and cut for 911 engine which would be a simple fix or put in a six.
This car is amazing for the year, almost wish I could buy it.
McMark
Yup, 912bbs.org
Drums66
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Nov 22 2012, 10:40 AM) *

.....This is a good 1..... idea.gif
bye1.gif (912)
ezbngreen914
Awesome! Thanks everybody! beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It would be wise to remember that early 911s and 912s are prone to rust .................

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Yeah, we're not the only early Porsches to have problems with batteries located near suspension pickup points...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.