Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diameter of hole in rear valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mhead
Does anyone know what the diamter of the hole is in the early style valance? I am restoring an old one and the exisiting hole is a bit rough, want to bring it back to original specs.

Thanks
nathansnathan
Some things to note, there are different hole locations at least, not sure about size, between the 4 and the 6. Also, to mention, it should have a lip on it. These are from a 4. I have one like this at home and could measure later, if no one has the spec before then.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Mhead
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Dec 4 2012, 11:10 AM) *

Some things to note, there are different hole locations at least, not sure about size, between the 4 and the 6. Also, to mention, it should have a lip on it. These are from a 4. I have one like this at home and could measure later, if no one has the spec before then.

IPB Image
IPB Image

This is for a 1970/1.7 ltr...I can wait til you get the chance to measure it.

Thanks
Mhead
QUOTE(Mhead @ Dec 4 2012, 06:57 AM) *

Does anyone know what the diamter of the hole is in the early style valance? I am restoring an old one and the exisiting hole is a bit rough, want to bring it back to original specs.

Thanks

Any update on the measurement of the hole?
nathansnathan
I forgot, sorry, busy day yesterday - I was trying hard to remember to pick up my welder from repair, as I had forgot it the day before, and forgot to remember to check the hole diameter.

I'm a man on a mission typically, trying to get home from work and will forget all else without , well, a post it note on my monitor. chair.gif Later, I got a little flustered trying to get the welder out of my bus - ended up rolling it down 2 8 foot 2x12 's. I had to position the bus the perfect distance from the curb/lip of my overhead door. Took me about an hour to set it up and roll the 300 lb unit down. By the time I got it all set up to test I was late for World of Warcraft which is Wed at 7, and my girlfriend gets pissed. I did run a bead welder.gif and it's fine, thank god.

I will make a post it note for my monitor about the diameter of the hole, will definitely remember today if no one else chimes in.
nathansnathan
Alright, so the hole in the snowplow for my 4 is I would say 3.75 inches (actually measured 3.769) wide. The lip tapers in just a bit, so it is slightly larger than that at the outer, like 3.85, and then goes down to that dimension. It is slightly smaller vertically, at 3.699 inches to be approximately exact at the smaller innermost. smile.gif The hole starts at about a 32nd short of 8 1/4 inches from the outer edge of the left support 'strap' (metal reinforcements on the back). I hope that makes sense...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.