Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel tank pressurized ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I have noticed that when I go to fill the tank every time, I turn the gas cap and a LOT of air goes in. It acting like a vacume. I can shut the car off and even a short while later it holds good vacume. This is not normal right.

How to resolve.

Thanks
SLITS
The vent on the filler assembly is plugged? 1/8" cloth pipe that normally goes to the charcoal canister (unless it's '74 and on).
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 12 2012, 04:04 PM) *

The vent on the filler assembly is plugged? 1/8" cloth pipe that normally goes to the charcoal canister (unless it's '74 and on).

agree.gif

Since i removed the charcoal canister a long time ago, i simply shoved the small vent hose inside the big plastic drain tube.

That way, any venting vapors get at least routed under the car ...
popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
can you show me in the picture where the clog might be. or the hose to pull off for the quick fix

thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 12 2012, 04:13 PM) *
can you show me in the picture where the clog might be. or the hose to pull off for the quick fix

You need to remove the expansion tank around the filler neck to see if it's all connected correctly.
smash.gif
SirAndy
Are your large tank vent hoses still connected to the engine? I can see both hoses going towards the drivers side from the charcoal canister.

Did you plug them in the engine compartment?
idea.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 12 2012, 07:27 PM) *

Are your large tank vent hoses still connected to the engine? I can see both hoses going towards the drivers side from the charcoal canister.

Did you plug them in the engine compartment?
idea.gif

D-jet is all plumbed correctly, they go to a vent hose and the air box I think.
914itis
Pressure from the woofers . You may notice te same when you open the trunk . av-943.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(914itis @ Dec 12 2012, 07:39 PM) *

Pressure from the woofers . You may notice te same when you open the trunk . av-943.gif

dry.gif
I know where your car is parked on April 20th
914itis
Yeah , but by the time you get there, ( joe's 2013 Hershey emergency thread) I ll be up ..
Mike Bellis
Under here. Small vacuum hose to the expansion tank.

Click to view attachment
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 12 2012, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 12 2012, 04:04 PM) *

agree.gif

Since i removed the charcoal canister a long time ago, i simply shoved the small vent hose inside the big plastic drain tube.

That way, any venting vapors get at least routed under the car ...
popcorn[1].gif

Real Krauts think alike biggrin.gif
rjames
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 12 2012, 08:16 PM) *

Under here. Small vacuum hose to the expansion tank.

Click to view attachment

Why two speakers and not just one? confused24.gif I doubt your getting much stereo imaging with those under a piece of sheet metal. Mostly likely getting just a bunch of phase cancellation.
jsayre914
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 13 2012, 12:25 PM) *

Why two speakers and not just one? confused24.gif I doubt your getting much stereo imaging with those under a piece of sheet metal. Mostly likely getting just a bunch of phase cancellation.

I love 914world. I can hang with lots of ADD friends like me wub.gif

But, since we are gonna talk about woofers now. I was running 1 12 inch sub for 2 years, sounded o.k. but as always i was not satisfied. i then found another amp that matched the first one and found a great deal on these Phoenix subs with the dual voice coils. I hired a hippy to paint all the amps to match the car and built a box that would fit like a glove in the front trunk. I removed the heater hoses and the sound passes through the 3 inch holes in the footwell. At higher volume you can feel the air from the holes.

Now it sounds freekin awesome driving.gif aktion035.gif first.gif cheer.gif chair.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.