Friday - Arrive in Flagstaff
Dinner - In the Hotel Banquet room - Plan on 7:30
Dinner choices are:
Sirloin - $19
Pan Seared Talapia - $13.50
Pasta Primavera - $17
Chicken Artichoke Alfredo - $16
Mushroom Sage Chicken - $16

PLEASE book your rooms early and shoot me a PM with your menu choice. They need to make sure they have enough of everything on hand.

Saturday morning breakfast - At hotel
Scenic drive from Flagstaff to Winslow lunch along the way.
***Includes priceless scenery, show and shine, tasteless jokes, insults and driving pleasure that is second to none.***

Saturday night - Top shelf awards dinner at one of Arizona's most historic hotels. Budget about $30(It's Saturday night and you are on vacation, it's a good deal!)

Sunday - Breakfast TBD

Hotel Info:

Friday the 5th - Days Hotel Flagstaff
2200 E Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ, 86004
Call 928-779-6944
Our rooms are blocked until Feb 20th. Tell them you are with "The Porsche Club"
Rates - $56 for standard room with 2 queen beds. $60 for a suite with one king bed.

Saturday the 6th - Winslow, AZ - LaPosada:
Our block of rooms are being held until Feb 20. Book before then or be left out in the cold.
Call 1 - 928-289-4366 to reserve your room. Tell them you are with 'the Porsche club'.

Attendee list so far:

Wills(Moveqik)
John(Vegas Racer/Elvira)
Gint and SHA-ron(+Ryan, +That Girl)
Jim Lamonica
Ell-yut
Andy(SoCalAndy) and Karen
Nelson(Madswede)
Joe O'Brien
Jason(AZ914)
Joe Sharp
Slits
Toast
Greg Silva
Jeff(SixNotFour) & Suzie
Erc Shea
Eric & Valarie Lowe(Sleepin)
Brian Monday
Mike(Kirmizi) +1
TurtleGirl
Ken & Pam Lowe
Jamie(JRust)
Michael7810
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Dec 13 2012, 06:23 AM) *

Save the date! More info to follow

When: April 5th - 7th

Where: Friday the 5th - TBD
Saturday the 6th - Winslow, AZ - LaPosada:
Our block of rooms are being held until Feb 20. Book before then or be left out in the cold.
Call 1 - 928 - 289 - 4366 to reserve your room. Tell them you are with 'the Porsche club'.

Why: To drive, eat, drink and be merry

Assuming we stay in Flagstaff Friday, below is a map of the drive. Some beautiful country, tall pines to high desert. 114 miles give or take...

I thought we were starting at your house? laugh.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 13 2012, 10:44 AM) *

I thought we were starting at your house? laugh.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Sure! Drive on over Thursday, stay here and we'll head out Friday morning. beerchug.gif
worn
I was thinking of taking a tour of route 66 next spring in either the 911 or the 914. More trunk space in the 14. Still, for some reason I thought route 66 was bigger than that. laugh.gif
AZ914
The Route 66 Classic has become a run somewhere between CA and AZ in which we at least 'touch' Rt 66. Otherwise it would get boring smile.gif

JRust
I don't think I will be driving down. I may catch a flight & bum a ride idea.gif . I'll have to see when it get's closer. Thanks for getting it all planned biggrin.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 13 2012, 01:14 PM) *

I don't think I will be driving down. I may catch a flight & bum a ride idea.gif . I'll have to see when it get's closer. Thanks for getting it all planned biggrin.gif

Bring the V8 with the trailer.
MoveQik
Another great shirt design by John Peterson! beerchug.gif

Kirmizi
icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jan 6 2013, 08:21 PM) *

icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif

This sounds like fun! I should have mine ready by then. I think my wife would even be interested in this.
RJMII
hmmm...
Eric_Shea
Looks like Route 87 confused24.gif
Kirmizi
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 6 2013, 09:05 PM) *

Looks like 66 to me huh.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 6 2013, 10:05 PM) *

Hey wise guy! We start and finish on Route 66. So there! slap.gif

Ferchrisakes, we finish by standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. What else could you ask for???
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 7 2013, 05:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 6 2013, 10:05 PM) *

Hey wise guy! We start and finish on Route 66. So there! slap.gif

Ferchrisakes, we finish by standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. What else could you ask for???

And the gift shop on that corner plays that song over and over and... lol-2.gif
shoguneagle
As usual I will see you in Flagstaff!!! I do not know if I can make the run from Flagstaff to Winslow but we can also possibly attend the dinner Saturday evening.

Glint, are you going to attend?? If you still want the 914-6 oil lines, I will give them to and deliver them at the Route 66 Run. Let me know.

Steve Hurt
Flagstaff, AZ
Route 66
SKL1
Can I do it in my GLI? The 914 I'm restoring for AZ won't be done yet...
MoveQik
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 7 2013, 05:48 PM) *

Can I do it in my GLI? The 914 I'm restoring for AZ won't be done yet...

Absolutely! The car does not matter, just the company!
ejm
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 7 2013, 08:40 AM) *

A hot chick? happy11.gif
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
We were just talking about this at John's place over the weekend. We haven't made the 66 event once yet. Maybe this year.
MoveQik
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 8 2013, 08:58 AM) *

We were just talking about this at John's place over the weekend. We haven't made the 66 event once yet. Maybe this year.

beerchug.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 8 2013, 03:22 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 7 2013, 08:40 AM) *

A hot chick? happy11.gif
Click to view attachment

You left your thumbprint on her left mammary!

Pervert!

biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif Why did this event slide to the fifth page? Why is it not highlighted? Looking forward as always to crossing the Mojave. I hope the car is finished in time and I don't have to drive my pickup to Winslow. driving.gif But then again, my truck has a stereo, air conditioning and cruise control. laugh.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 17 2013, 10:19 PM) *

WTF.gif Why did this event slide to the fifth page? Why is it not highlighted? Looking forward as always to crossing the Mojave. I hope the car is finished in time and I don't have to drive my pickup to Winslow. driving.gif But then again, my truck has a stereo, air conditioning and cruise control. laugh.gif

Bring the wife's wagon, it's a fun little ride. Be careful though....you ride too long in that thing and you end up tipsy. wine.gif
SLITS
I think the host hotel for the first night should be in Holbrook. Hell, there is at least one tree in the city for Waide to relieve himself on.
SKL1
Did a run from Sedona to Flagstaff on 89A last month just before the snow hit- unbelieveable road! Then went from Camp Verde thru Payson back to Scottsdale. Great country! This looks like a good route- will have to work it into my schedule.

(drove thru Winslow many years ago with my dad taking a 356 Cab to Iowa from California- had to check out the flatbed Ford!!)

MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 18 2013, 08:35 AM) *

I think the host hotel for the first night should be in Holbrook. Hell, there is at least one tree in the city for Waide to relieve himself on.

You just like Holbrook because you are so comfortable around a bunch of petrified stuff.
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 18 2013, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 18 2013, 08:35 AM) *

You just like Holbrook because you are so comfortable around a bunch of petrified stuff.

Yeh, but at least mine is permanently stiff cheer.gif

And useable on a seconds notice.
Madswede
icon_bump.gif to save this from hitting page 3. I blame Ron talking about his stiffy. icon8.gif
SKL1
bump back to page one...
JoeSharp
Up up up... icon_bump.gif It's sooo far from here but somehow I will make it happen.
JoeSharp
I forgot how to post it's been soo long.
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif

Please see the updated hotel and dinner info for Friday night in the first post.

Also, as you start booking your rooms, let me know so I can add you to the attendee list! beerchug.gif
MoveQik
And it looks like we have a few goodies to give away direct from the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart. biggrin.gif

MoveQik
icon_bump.gif

Attendee list is added. Get your name on there!
McMark
Is this highlighted yet?

EDIT: It is now! biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 30 2013, 06:06 PM) *

Is this highlighted yet?

EDIT: It is now! biggrin.gif

Thank you sir!
JRust
I'd like to come but at this point it will be a fly in deal. Anybody have an extra seat? Flying into Vegas or Phoenix? There is an outside chance if I have my conversion done I'll drive. I'm going to go out on a limb & assume it won't be. So I'll plan for a flight & change later. It will be cool if I can get a ride. If not I can always rent a car there
Elliot Cannon
As requested.
SLITS
Whaaat ..... no trees again?

Bump to the top
Madswede
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 30 2013, 06:15 PM) *

I'd like to come but at this point it will be a fly in deal. Anybody have an extra seat? Flying into Vegas or Phoenix? There is an outside chance if I have my conversion done I'll drive. I'm going to go out on a limb & assume it won't be. So I'll plan for a flight & change later. It will be cool if I can get a ride. If not I can always rent a car there

I think there should be a spare seat from Albuquerque. Pretty sure LizO is going with her 914, and mine will be available by that time ... if you're brave enough to ride with me evilgrin.gif
sixnotfour
Suzie says , we are going
VegasRacer
Nacho too? squirrel.gif
AZ914
driving.gif

michael7810
Hotel reservations made. Sounds like another fun event. Thanks
JRust
QUOTE(Madswede @ Jan 31 2013, 04:22 PM) *

I think there should be a spare seat from Albuquerque. Pretty sure LizO is going with her 914, and mine will be available by that time ... if you're brave enough to ride with me evilgrin.gif

Hey John it would be a pleasure to ride with you. Let me get back to you as I don't have anything set in stone yet. I may be overbooking myself as it is. We are closing on our house on the 14th that month. Which means alot of moving & packing I have to do. I am probably better off not making this one dry.gif . I'll figure it out for sure but it will probably be March before I do sad.gif
MoveQik
Two months!!

SLITS
Is Radiator Springs on our route?

I have the hots for Flo and/or Sally and/or both. biggrin.gif

Flo is just down low.

Sally is FAST!
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif Glad we have this event in spring. Several inches of fresh snow in Flagstaff right now.
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif

And a reminder to book your rooms and get your food choice for Friday night to me. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.