Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to consider more Transmission Rebuild Clinics!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
bfrymire
QUOTE(jsconst @ Dec 14 2012, 06:27 AM) *

I'd be up for Disco Bay again, the one I built there last year is whining a little, shifts awsome though. I've got three others now that need going through also.

Jeff

add another for disco bay. Just need to find a transmission... :-)

--brett
euro911
I have one spare side shift tranny that needs a peek inside, and a shop to host a clinic if the So Cal guys want to do one in Harbor City confused24.gif

You can stay here at our house too, Mike idea.gif
rhodyguy
mike, keep the need for passports in mind if you're going to bc. wa residents can get a special dr license for to and fro. not the getting 'in' so much as the coming home. used to be id only, then id and birth cert. neither will suffice now.

k
MDG
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 14 2012, 11:00 PM) *

I can make it to teh canadia one. bye1.gif

thumb3d.gif

Scotty can show you the tunnel he uses for crossing the border.

Plus - in case you get homesick - Mark has a shitter out back you can use!

The Doc spent a lot of time there on his first visit . . .

Click to view attachment
michael7810
I'm in Phoenix but would be interested in a SoCal clinic if the dates work out.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 15 2012, 11:51 AM) *

mike, keep the need for passports in mind if you're going to bc. wa residents can get a special dr license for to and fro. not the getting 'in' so much as the coming home. used to be id only, then id and birth cert. neither will suffice now.

k

Yes and no, definitely have your birth certificate and photo ID and your babies birth certificate.
BC has a lot of weed crossing the border so maybe extra hassle there.
US border is not going to hassle a citizen much, hate to say it but especially if your white (sad and they would deny it, but lets face it, true.)

Having a passport is the safest and best bet for zero hassles though.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html
rhodyguy
it's the Enhanced Driver's Licensed or passport that's required to back and forth and come. if all he has is a d.l. from Pennsylvania, that's not going to do it.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Dec 14 2012, 11:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Dec 14 2012, 06:27 AM) *

I'd be up for Disco Bay again, the one I built there last year is whining a little, shifts awsome though. I've got three others now that need going through also.

Jeff

add another for disco bay. Just need to find a transmission... :-)

--brett

I have 3 complete trans in unknown condition here in Discovery Bay! One was rebuilt at one of the clinics by another member and sold to a guy in Scotts Valley. He said it had a wine and bought another one! They are all available to purchase or I will be using them for parts! They all have broken mounting ears!
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 15 2012, 04:01 PM) *

Having a passport is the safest and best bet for zero hassles though.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html

I'll bet Homeland Security and Canada Customs flip a coin to see who has to do the cavity search on Woody icon8.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 15 2012, 08:04 AM) *

I have one spare side shift tranny that needs a peek inside, and a shop to host a clinic if the So Cal guys want to do one in Harbor City confused24.gif

You can stay here at our house too, Mike idea.gif

Mark,

Your shop is bigger than my garage.....so.....we need a car for him to drive and some other things for the good doc in So Cal..??

Thoughts??.....bribes??

You have an exhaust system in there right?
euro911
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 15 2012, 02:12 PM) *
... You have an exhaust system in there right?
Yep

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
I had a feeling Mark would offer his shop as a Socal location, Thanks Mark first.gif

What does the good Dr. think about a Wavetrac LSD as part of my build and is anyone here using one and have feedback?

Thanks
Dr Evil
No LSD is likely to be installed at the clinic as that takes special time and tools. I will see if I can work it out, but I will be on a strict time limit and doing stock builds and flipped gears.
Steve
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Dec 15 2012, 06:06 PM) *

I had a feeling Mark would offer his shop as a Socal location, Thanks Mark first.gif

What does the good Dr. think about a Wavetrac LSD as part of my build and is anyone here using one and have feedback?

Thanks

Andy,
I had a Guard TBD in my 901 before I sold it and loved it. I tried to get one for my 915, but Hergesheimers had problems locating one and suggested the Wavetrac LSD, so that's whats in my 915 now, but i have no experience with it yet.. Pro's and con's. LSD is supposed to be better for the track and TBD is better for autocross and street. Check out this link for a thread over at Pelican.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...trac-lsd-2.html
smj
The tailshifter in my -6 leaks a bunch and has taken to popping out of fifth gear under load. So I'm thinking Disco Bay would be good, if that's the Bay Area location everybody's converging on.

I know a local guy with a 912 (Chris F., believe Doc's heard from him previously) who's interested in a transmission clinic too...
Dr Evil
I will be posting this on the 912, and Pelican boards soon enough. The NorCal locations for consideration are DiscoBay and McMarks in Sonoma. You decide.
Woody
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2012, 10:22 PM) *

Are you sure you can get across the Border?

Sure. If I take the long way around. They wouldn't expect that.
MDG
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 15 2012, 11:44 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2012, 10:22 PM) *

Are you sure you can get across the Border?

Sure. If I take the long way around. They wouldn't expect that.

huh.gif

You mean up through Russia, across the Arctic Circle, past the North Pole . . . canoe across Hudson's Bay, and then down to Mark's?

idea.gif Yeah, that could be done.
Woody
No I was gonna head south through Mexico. dry.gif
bradtho
I'm in the Seattle area but would consider anything from Vancouver to Portland.
bulitt
Sorry about your debt!

Wait til you gotta buy diapers. bootyshake.gif stromberg.gif
falconfp2001
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 15 2012, 11:36 PM) *

Sorry about your debt!

Wait til you gotta buy diapers. bootyshake.gif stromberg.gif

I'd be in for the Harbor City one. My only spare box is a frozen side shifter so I may end up getting one to build for the clinic.
Dr Evil
So the most definite ones thus far:
- Canada (at Mark's)
- SoCal (Couple of options)
- NorCal (At either Disco Bay or Sonoma)

Possible:
- PNW (????)

I will have to tally the results of this thread to see if others are possible.

I have my passport AND the Canadian boarder crossing ID card, too. Noel and Spawn will get their papers, dont worry.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 13 2012, 08:16 PM) *

I have been contacted by several of you wanting me to come to your area and do a clinic. There has been a recent change in my future plans that may allow for several clinics in and after June. Let me know if you want one.

Requirements:
- Enough paying people to cover my expenses (and make some $$ for the new baby to come)
- A place to do the work

Pretty simple.

Current places thrown about as candidates:
- Port Hope Canada (Gonna happen in June!)
- SoCal
- Richmond, VA
- Fredrick, MD

I would like more smile.gif Any place that I can drive to would be a bonus!

Updated nominated locations as of 12/14/12 AM:
- 2 Canada (I can drive so lower numbers acceptable)
- 1 Florida
- 1 for PNW
- 4 for SoCal
- 1 for Disco Bay the sequel smile.gif
- 1 for Phoenix, AZ (was in a PM)

Check out the links in my signature for threads on past clinics and info on how they are run, and cost.

I would be willing to make my shop space avail. in Southern California. I'm located in Costa Mesa, adjacent to Orange County Airport.
eyesright
If the Dallas area teeners can puy a location and date together I'd come down if at all possible. I have a couple of early and a couple of late transmissions.
Dr Evil
Dallas is doable. Big airport, Clay lives there as well as others.
NORD

I'm in for a PNW Clinic.

Have a box that needs reworked and gear changes.
Woody
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 16 2012, 05:40 PM) *

Dallas is doable. Big airport, Clay lives there as well as others.

Hmmmm
76racer
I would be in for Port Hope along with another friend. Alternatively for the Ontario folks or closer US types my friend could host a session in Waterdown Ontario about halfway between Toronto and Buffalo. (one hour either direction) He has a well equipped shop and lots of space

Joe
914Eric

The PNW count is wrong. There are 4, I believe, that have showed interest, including myself.
Dr Evil
Things are still in flux. I have not abandoned you! I am about to accept a position with an urgent care firm here that will start Jul 1. I am gonna need to see what my schedule is and go from there.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Dec 13 2012, 11:44 PM) *

WA or OR smile.gif I have at least one transmission I need to rebuild for the LE.

I need a new one for my LE. My newly rebuilt one blew. case split after driving it only less than 100 miles.
Mwp912
I'm in for the SoCal event. I have 2 902/1 to rebuild.
pneuhyde
I am in for the Bay Area, either location. Have one in my car that needs to come out for an impending engine swap and I would feel much better knowing it was in good shape going back in.

Steve
jesiv
I am in for sf bay area
Jeffs9146
Disco-bay is still available if the Doc is interested! beerchug.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(Mwp912 @ Feb 19 2013, 10:31 PM) *

I'm in for the SoCal event. I have 2 902/1 to rebuild.
+1 on a SoCal clinic popcorn[1].gif
Mwp912
I have to back out of the SoCal event. I sold my car and spare trans.
rpmmaxxed
+1 for socal.
wes
1 more for Disco Bay, my trans just cleaned this last weekend and ready!
Kaduku
I live in Walnut Creek, but Disco Bay sounds good.
Dr Evil
Patience. I am getting closer to being able to do this.
914_teener
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 28 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Patience. I am getting closer to being able to do this.

......we are feeling abandoned in So Cal Doc.

Glad we are still in the loop.
914Eric
Hey Doc,

Did the PNW get shelved for lack of interest? I thought we had at least 4-5 that had spoken up.

Been waiting and hoping I didn't have to ship my trans cross-country.

Eric
Dr Evil
Nothing is shelved, I just need to find the time.
914Eric
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 28 2013, 05:01 PM) *

Not trying to bug ya...just anxious.

You could probably get a full house at the WCR in June.
clap56.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914Eric @ Mar 28 2013, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 28 2013, 05:01 PM) *

Not trying to bug ya...just anxious.

You could probably get a full house at the WCR in June.
clap56.gif

Its not a good idea to plan a clinic with another event due to the clinics need to dominate ones time. The clinic takes a minimum of one full day, but I do two days as a buffer for issues and larger numbers.
JeffBowlsby
+1 for a a SF Bay area clinic...
Jeffs9146
beerchug.gif

I am counting 8 or 9 so far for Disco-bay!! piratenanner.gif
Mr.242
If the DOC comes to the PNW...he knows oysters are a given!

We have a place for Maxwell and wife. So plan some extra time....the beach is calling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.