Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to consider more Transmission Rebuild Clinics!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
I have been contacted by several of you wanting me to come to your area and do a clinic. There has been a recent change in my future plans that may allow for several clinics in and after June. Let me know if you want one.

Requirements:
- Enough paying people to cover my expenses (and make some $$ for the new baby to come)
- A place to do the work

Pretty simple.

Current places thrown about as candidates:
- Port Hope Canada (Gonna happen in June!)
- SoCal
- Richmond, VA
- Fredrick, MD

I would like more smile.gif Any place that I can drive to would be a bonus!

Updated nominated locations as of 12/14/12 AM:
- 2 Canada (I can drive so lower numbers acceptable)
- 1 Florida
- 1 for PNW
- 4 for SoCal
- 1 for Disco Bay the sequel smile.gif
- 1 for Phoenix, AZ (was in a PM)

Check out the links in my signature for threads on past clinics and info on how they are run, and cost.
Jeffs9146
I am still interested in hosting or attending a Bay Area clinic! I have a flipped H gear with a syncro kit to install in a back up trans as well as a complete Jwest shifter kit from front to back! It would be awsome to have a bunch of great minds helping out!! beerchug.gif

PS: I have 3 doner transmissions for those who may need parts!

mittelmotor
I'd be your first paying customer in SoCal, but I don't have a place suitable to host the event. I still need some H gears; have you come across any?

--Doug
Daiberl
WA or OR smile.gif I have at least one transmission I need to rebuild for the LE.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Dec 13 2012, 08:32 PM) *

I am still interested in hosting or attending a Bay Area clinic! I have a flipped H gear with a syncro kit to install in a back up trans as well as a complete Jwest shifter kit from front to back! It would be awsome to have a bunch of great minds helping out!! beerchug.gif

That picture looks like you might have hit a skunk or something. laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 13 2012, 08:16 PM) *
Recently reailzed I am up to my ears in debt

Well, i could throw some money your way if you are willing to build up my 915.

It's gotta be pretty soon though, the car needs to be done in time for the WCR 2013.
idea.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 13 2012, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Dec 13 2012, 08:32 PM) *

That picture looks like you might have hit a skunk or something. laugh.gif

Better?? shades.gif
Socalandy
agree.gif I'm in for a Socal visit. knowing I have time to gut my orig. -6 trans to get the shell cleaned up before reassembly
jeff
+1 for so cal....
ThePaintedMan
We talked about this at the Tropical Ramble. Here is my nomination for Joe's Series 9 shop in Deland, Florida! Come enjoy some Florida sun. Its better than the California kind... along with our oranges bootyshake.gif smile.gif
oldschool
+1 piratenanner.gif SO_CA_
MrHyde
I'm in if you come back to Mark Henry's in Port hope.. I have a trans just sitting on a shelf waiting. smile.gif
plas76targa
Mike, You can always do a clinic here in Frederick. There's more room in my garage at the moment now that the 911 is temporarily out of the way.
SUNAB914
I don't have a transmission yet, but I would attend again in Richmond.
peteyd
Im in for Port Hope, Or somewhere in southern Ontario
Mark Henry
I'll be hosting the one in Port Hope, Ontario, again.
Right now we are looking at a June date and maybe we can have an informal Porsche show and shine as well.
We need enough people taking the clinic to make this happen.
So far we have MrHyde, peteyd and a fellow from the bird board (911-901) so we still need some more paying participants.
Spectators are free, I have lots of room to pitch a tent or park an RV.
I also know that Ian Stott would also be coming down from Moncton with a cooler full of lobster.

My shop has a lift, air compressor, blast cabinet and parts washer and I'll have plenty of work benches.

I'm planning to start seperate thread on this shortly, we need to get enough peeps together to nail Dr.Evil down on a firm date.
Anyone who thinks they can for sure get in on this please PM me and I'll start a list.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 13 2012, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 13 2012, 08:16 PM) *
Recently reailzed I am up to my ears in debt

Well, i could throw some money your way if you are willing to build up my 915.

It's gotta be pretty soon though, the car needs to be done in time for the WCR 2013.
idea.gif

Andy, your 915 would be free for labor smile.gif Just send it to me.

So the count seems to be, and I will update the first post:
- 2 Canada (I can drive so lower numbers acceptable)
- 1 Florida
- 1 for PNW
- 4 for SoCal
- 1 for Disco Bay the sequel smile.gif
- 1 for Phoenix, AZ (was in a PM)

These are all possible if I can get some people to commit to (saying that they will, no money to transfer, yet) pay for the clinic. I have resources in most of these places wink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 14 2012, 08:42 AM) *

Right now we are looking at a June date and maybe we can have an informal Porsche show and shine as well.
So far we have MrHyde, peteyd and a fellow from the bird board (911-901) so we still need some more paying participants.
I also know that Ian Stott would also be coming down from Moncton with a cooler full of lobster.

My shop has a lift, air compressor, blast cabinet and parts washer and I'll have plenty of work benches.

I'm planning to start seperate thread on this shortly, we need to get enough peeps together to nail Dr.Evil down on a firm date.
Anyone who thinks they can for sure get in on this please PM me and I'll start a list.

Well, OK. It looks like I have been Shanghaied into Port Hope, Canada in June wink.gif Mark and I were discussing, but I was not firm on dates. This works for me, though. thumb3d.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 08:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 14 2012, 08:42 AM) *

Well, OK. It looks like I have been Shanghaied into Port Hope, Canada in June wink.gif Mark and I were discussing, but I was not firm on dates. This works for me, though. thumb3d.gif

We need that firm date from you. popcorn[1].gif

You have 5 weekends to choose from, although the weekend of June 23-24 is likely the big VW bug show in Niagara Falls, not a big deal but keep that in mind.
Dr Evil
Dude, I am in the state of flux for my future and June is the big one. I will be moving in June, have a new baby, and will have to start a new job that has yet to materialize. I will let you know when I know wink.gif
JStroud
I'd be up for Disco Bay again, the one I built there last year is whining a little, shifts awsome though. I've got three others now that need going through also.

Jeff
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 09:14 AM) *

Dude, I am in the state of flux for my future and June is the big one. I will be moving in June, have a new baby, and will have to start a new job that has yet to materialize. I will let you know when I know wink.gif

Good biggrin.gif ... that means I get to bug you aboot it till then poke.gif
injunmort
i could host and participate in a clinic if there is enough interest ny,nj, west ct, east pa.
nathansnathan
I'm in for a so cal clinic. piratenanner.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 06:14 AM) *

I am in for So Cal with a spare box ready and money.

My garage is available or nearby Mike. Summertime would be fine.
mittelmotor
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 14 2012, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 06:14 AM) *

I am in for So Cal with a spare box ready and money.

My garage is available or nearby Mike. Summertime would be fine.

Six total so far for SoCal! piratenanner.gif

Summer's great for me. Of course, Mike's schedule ultimately dictates the date. Anybody out there with some H gears for sale? That's the last piece of the puzzle for me.

--Doug
FourBlades

How about spring break in Florida?

By June it is way too hot...

John
Rand
I have a spare sideshifter waiting for the next Evil clinic opportunity I can make.

I don't suppose Reno / Tahoe is an option? (We could get super-promoter Rob on cheerleader duty!)

Otherwise Bay Area would be a good epicenter. McMark would be a stellar host.
Dr Evil
Disco Bay, and McMarks are near the Bay area. I would be happy to do Reno, Tahoe, outer Mongolia, I just need numbers smile.gif
914Eric
I'm up here in the PNW (Washington/Idaho border) and I am in need of some synchro work at a minimum. I talked to you already about it and you just said to let you know.

If you were coming to the PNW, would that be preferable to do it then? I'm a newbie, so I really don't know how these clinics work, how much they cost, or what kind of guarantees you need?
pete000
SO CAL !!

I need to go through my wifes 914 trans as it is tough to get into first gear and she gets irritated. driving-girl.gif
Dr Evil
Florida is on the radar. I dont care about the heat.
monkeyboy
So Cal. Just let me know when so I can pull the transmission from my car.

Hmm... I could do that alternator swap while I had it out too... smile.gif
yeahmag
I'm a tentative for a SoCal. Got a spare box or two that I'd like to make one with short/flipped gears.
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 14 2012, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 09:14 AM) *

Good biggrin.gif ... that means I get to bug you aboot it till then poke.gif

Okay. Leon can look after the baby and moving. Oh and bring Scotty and Zach too.
Dr Evil
Noel might come with me to Canada. She has never been.
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 06:48 PM) *

thumb3d.gif
walterolin
I could do Fla this summer, I would need lead time 90 days or so for work scheduling.

Prefer the St. Pete area, but I can travel.

Olin
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 03:48 PM) *

Just make sure she doesn't say "Hockey Sucks!" cheer.gif
Jon H.
I'm interested as well in the Port hope location.

Jon
pete000
I would love to put in a LSD in my convertrd tail shifter box!
flippa
How about a New England clinic? smile.gif
Woody
I can make it to teh canadia one. bye1.gif
carr914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Dec 14 2012, 04:20 PM) *

How about spring break in Florida?

By June it is way too hot...

John

I'm thinking part of Tropical Ramble - can you do a Rebuild in the time between being thrown out of a plane & hitting the ground?
carr914
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 14 2012, 11:00 PM) *

Are you sure you can get across the Border?
914itis
QUOTE(injunmort @ Dec 14 2012, 09:51 AM) *

i could host and participate in a clinic if there is enough interest ny,nj, west ct, east pa.

I would be in for one in NY
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Dec 14 2012, 10:04 PM) *

I'm interested as well in the Port hope location.

Jon

PM sent
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 14 2012, 11:00 PM) *

Really? Cool! Long way to go but you are for sure welcome!

Coming that far I'd be planning my vacation around it. I'm in the Ganaraska forest if you have a dirtbike or I'm on the border of the Kawartha lakes if you're into fishing and camping. Toronto is 1 hour away if you like the city. Montreal is 3.5 hours away.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2012, 06:48 PM) *

You can have my girls room, it's bigger than the room you were in last time. Noel will like my wife and Elizabeth and Kim will be all over your little evil spawn.
Another reason i'll need to know the date is I want my wife to try and book that weekend off.
rjames
Add another vote for the PNW- I think that makes 3 now. I'm in Seattle, but I'd drive to Portland or Vancouver if that would help. Ready to write the check now!
I'll also offer up my studio and guitars for some free recording!

C'mon you PNW guys, chime in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.