sad.gif RIP
Mike Bellis
sad.gif
Tom
RIP Mark.
Really sorry to hear this.
Tom
seanery
Mark was a great dude. I had the privilege of spending quite a bit of time with him in the early days of 914Club and with the Fall Foliage events.

This sucks.
cary
sad.gif
VegasRacer
Have some of his parts for my car, he'll live on in spirit. RIP. sad.gif
IronHillRestorations
Anyone know how we could set up a fund for the family?
championgt1
sad.gif RIP Mark

mr914
ENGMANPARTS.COM is now down

RIP Mark
Jen21121
I hate to bump up an old thread, but I wanted to be sure to reach as many of you as possible.

I am Engman (Mark Bland)'s daughter Jennifer Robinson (maiden Bland). I am also his oldest child (32) and the oldest of his five kids. My dad passed away on 10/25 after a completely unexpected heart attack on 10/18. Travis has been a friend of the family and his details are correct. While I know details aren't necessary, I think it's important to help others understand how it's been for us, his family, during this time. My mother, and Mark's wife for over 35 years, just is not the same person. My brother Mark (about to be 30) was the one who went with him to the Hershey, PA event those years ago and many of you met him. He now lives in MI with his wife and newborn son.

Us kids didn't get the 914 bug like my Dad did. Sadly, we know next to nothing about the parts he still had to sell to you folks. I know that my mom and my youngest sibling (Sam, he's in his freshman year of college) are willing to go through those parts and get them into some good homes. It would be a useful source of income for them; my dad was 75% of the income in their home and Sam had just started college that now looks a bit uncertain money-wise. There has been a memorial fund set up for him by my brother Mark. The info he has told me to give out is the following: "There is a memorial fund set up in my father's name if anyone was interested about donations. It is at PNC Bank and an individual would just need to mention the "Mark Bland Memorial Fund" to place money into the account." He said you could do this via your own bank if you wanted. The bank is located in New Albany, IN (47150) if this helps.

If you would like to contact me further about anything Engman-related, I can do my best to help you without you guys having to feel like you were bothering my mother. I do not live in New Albany and would have a hard time helping you with specific part requests. We are hoping to have Sam get that off the ground for you guys during his summer break. But any other questions, messages, or the like are ones that we can still view either on his obituary (thank you so much for the kind words already left there!) or you can send things my way at the following email: jen.ohtc@gmail.com

I loved my father very much. I'm glad that there was this community that saw him for the wonderful man that he was. The world is a lot less without him. He was an amazing father, grandfather to my two daughters, husband, engineer, and friend to many people.
Eric_Shea
Thanks Jen.

Our condolences.

hot_shoe914
Thank you for filling us in Jen. It was a tragic loss to the people in his life and to the 914 community as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and we will always be here for you guys.

Shoe
rick 918-S
I can only imagine how hard it was to come here and share with us. Your father lives in all of you. He was a good man. I was lucky to have met him and had a chance to spend some time talking with him. He was passionate about engineering and talked about a mower project he was involved in.
VaccaRabite
Jen, thank you.
Your dad meant a lot to this community and many of us have some of his work on our cars. Our very best to your family. Thanks again for letting us know.

Zach
Lou W
I just saw this thread, I am so sorry as many other people here are to hear of this. I too had purchased parts from Mark on my old project and was really impressed with his work, he was a great guy too. To Marks family and friends it's important to cherish the memories. Rest in Peace Mark.
Mark Henry
Hopefully some local club members could step up to the plate and help young Sam get Engman parts back up and running?
Plus give him a quick 914 tutorial.

It most likely would be a great source of much needed part-time income for him and the family. Something he should be able to handle as he continues his studies.
76-914
I totally agree with Mark. agree.gif
aircooledboy
Damn.

I have been MIA for the most part of the last several months here. To log on and see this first is very sad.

I too have many Engman parts, and recall fondly the couple conversations I had in person with Mark. In fact, I was a minor player in the very conversation Rick mentioned in Indiana all those years ago at the Fall Foliage. I learned a lot about zero turn lawn mowers and the fact that some people actually care that a tight turn can leave marks in your lawn. laugh.gif The funny thing was that by the end, I understood the cam that Mark had designed to solve this scourge of much nicer neighborhoods than mine. That is what I remember about Mark. His amazing ability to relate complex engineering concepts to a dolt like me in a way that not only didn't make me feel like a dolt, but in a way that actually allowed me to understand. A rare gift indeed. He will be missed. If his son picks up the mantle of the parts biz, I'll buy parts I don't even need.
zymurgist
RIP Mark. sad.gif I have a few boxes of his parts that haven't gone onto my car yet.
NS914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Feb 27 2013, 12:24 PM) *

RIP Mark. sad.gif I have a few boxes of his parts that haven't gone onto my car yet.

Hi Everyone, what a loss to our community. I am from Nova Scotia Canada and you realize there are people from all over the world in this forum messing with thier 914's. Marks expertise, talent, and good nature touched alot of people me included.

As it turns out I am just having my long kit installed today. We finished installing the new front floor section and of course while you are in there ya may as well....

I had been waiting for my next batch of work re electrical and one of Marks Fuse Panels but sadly I will likely have to go another route.

Mark was a great guy and like many of you have indicated...more than willing to talk 914's and help his customers through the installation of parts. A really nice guy for sure.

Much thanks to his daughter, Jennifer, for filling us in. If it turns out that his son is able to start up a small part of the business again, I would be more than happy to jump in and buy parts as well...whether i need them or not.

I read one of the posts re Memorial or Members Memorials....don't know the best expression but it would help to not lose this thread and any updates from Sam etc. It would be really nice if we could help the family given that Mark was so good to many of us.

Regards, Grant
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2013, 06:49 AM) *

Hopefully some local club members could step up to the plate and help young Sam get Engman parts back up and running?

It most likely would be a great source of much needed part-time income for him and the family. Something he should be able to handle as he continues his studies.

Totally agree...given the demand for Engman products it seems like someone just needs to help Sam do an inventory of the parts he has on hand and post what is available for starters. He gets orders, ships them..repeat...! I think Mark even standardized a set of USPS boxes for easy shipping (typical engineering guy... biggrin.gif )Then hopefully figure out a way to get the production line going again for a more permanent revenue stream for his family...

Appreciate the alternatives out there but as long as we're not bothering Mark's family I want REAL Engman parts! pray.gif
dwillouby
So very sorry to hear this. I only had the pleasure to speak with Mark a couple of times. He will be sadly missed.

If you need any help with the parts or anything I am in Louisville and would be honered to help.

David
billh1963
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 27 2013, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2013, 06:49 AM) *

Totally agree...given the demand for Engman products it seems like someone just needs to help Sam do an inventory of the parts he has on hand and post what is available for starters. He gets orders, ships them..repeat...! I think Mark even standardized a set of USPS boxes for easy shipping (typical engineering guy... biggrin.gif )Then hopefully figure out a way to get the production line going again for a more permanent revenue stream for his family...

Appreciate the alternatives out there but as long as we're not bothering Mark's family I want REAL Engman parts! pray.gif

Sam has a great opportunity to continue a business that is already established and has eager customers. If managed properly, Sam can use the profits to pay for college and step into a ongoing business once he graduates. Few have such an opportunity...I hope it is recognized. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.