Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ENGMAN - Mark Bland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mr914
I feel horrible for originating this thread. mark was a true 914 enthusiast and a valued member of this community.

May he rest in peace.

I started out my day wondering where an order I had placed a couple of weeks ago.

I started this thread "Is Engman parts still around?"

The details are not important, this post edited because of the news.

I had ordered some parts and paid via PayPal.

Today, I went to the cart section of the paypal website and I get the following message:

Engman Parts....

Error Message: This recipient is currently unable to receive money.
[Return to Engman Parts]

Got a PM from a Distinguished member of our community and forwarded it to the Admins for confirmation.

Any words of wisdom?
SirAndy
QUOTE(mr914 @ Dec 17 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Any words of wisdom?

I saw your PM. If that is indeed true, that's a sad day for 914world, another one lost ...

R.I.P. Mark

sad.gif
scotty b
WTF.gif blink.gif sad.gif
carr914
agree.gif
Mark Henry
damn sad.gif hope this is wrong.
Eric_Shea
sad.gif
mr914
Got a PM from a distinguished member that stated he had passed away a couple of months ago. I PM'd SirAndy to see if he knew about it.

It is/was a sad day

SirAndy
QUOTE(mr914 @ Dec 17 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Got a PM from a distinguished member that stated he had passed away a couple of months ago. I PM'd SirAndy to see if he knew about it.

It is/was a sad day

His account states he last logged in here at '3rd December 2012 - 06:52 PM'. That's only 2 weeks ago.

confused24.gif
Dr Evil
WTF.gif Mark is a real good guy. I hope he did not pass away and hold vigil until we can confirm or refute this claim. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
Not sure if this is accurate... All I can say is, I hope it's not.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisvill...649#fbLoggedOut

Site says "Not able to receive Funds" in the shopping cart section (PayPal)
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 17 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Not sure if this is accurate... All I can say is, I hope it's not.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisvill...649#fbLoggedOut

Site says "Not able to receive Funds" in the shopping cart section (PayPal)

Ah crap, now i remember why his account says December 3rd for the last login.

His emails have been bouncing for several weeks and i logged into his account to see if he had any forum subscriptions.
sad.gif
MDG
sad.gif

Shit. I've got tons of Mark's stuff for both cars. Terrific guy to work with.
Gint
WTF

Edit ... my bad. Mark was cool. ....
scotty b
Crap sad.gif RIP Mark
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif Can we verify this? If this is true I am NOT happy. He made good stuff, much of which is on my car and he was a good guy as well. Another good one gone. sad.gif mad.gif
PanelBilly
I'm thinking we owe his family a note or something to tell them how much he did for us all.
scotty b
my original response was to another posting
Gint
I know... edited/deleted. Isn't any better though.

I've got all kinds of engman stuff. Inner long kit in my /6.
scotty b
anyone know him personally that could confirm this with an ill timed phone call ? confused24.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 17 2012, 05:23 PM) *

I'm thinking we owe his family a note or something to tell them how much he did for us all.

agree.gif

I had no idea..... Very sad.
mr914
I have a call and email in from earlier today

Will post if I hear anything
Chris H.
Oh no... sad.gif Hope this is all a big misunderstanding. Doesn't seem like it is though...very sad news about a great guy.
VaccaRabite
Anything on his facebook page?

Would be really crappy for all improvements he had made for these old cars if we missed his passing by a few months.
Jgilliam914
He was a great guy. I called him a few years ago with a technical question and he was more than happy to talk to me and even called a few weeks after to make sure everything went as designed!
Dr Evil
I am surprised that someone he knew has not contacted one of our members.
tomeric914
Back in July, I bought a fuse panel from Mark and on installation found out that he had installed the fuse block backwards. Easy enough to turn it around but before I did I dropped him an e-mail to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. He insisted on sending it back to him so he could correct it and also offered up one of his other items for free. I declined his offer, but he sent me a SS reservoir clamp for free anyways.

Truly a stand up guy. He will be missed. Rest in peace Mark. sad.gif
Dr Evil
We hung out at the Hershey when it rained the whole time. He let Noel take shelter under his easyup. He was amazed that I captured her smile.gif His son was there, too. Also a good dude. sad.gif
ejm
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 17 2012, 09:16 PM) *

We hung out at the Hershey when it rained the whole time. He let Noel take shelter under his easyup. He was amazed that I captured her smile.gif His son was there, too. Also a good dude. sad.gif

That was 2003
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Yup, that is all of us.
FourBlades

Boy I hope he turns out to be ok. sad.gif

Like most people who have been here a while I have lots of his parts.

All great stuff.

John
rick 918-S
Wow! 54 years old sad.gif I met Mark in Columbus IN. at a 914 event. We had a nice discussion about his work designing a zero steer unit for a commercial mower. Very passionate about his work. Sad to read this this way. I hope we can contact his family somehow in a caring and comassionate way.
Trekkor
Sorry to hear this.

We never met, but I was one of the first to install his inner long kit and his rust repair sheet metal kit was based on the templates I gave him.

Sad news.

KT
JamesM

If this is true then it is horrible news, 54 is way to young. Despite only making a handful of different parts the name Engman is recognizable by pretty much everyone in this community, I think that says a lot about what he did.

Hopefully someone is able to pick up the torch here and keep the name alive, though I hope even more that this is just some misunderstanding.
914werke
sad.gif
KaptKaos
sad.gif
G e o r g e
sad.gif
Maltese Falcon
Unfortunate, but I hope not true.
euro911
Wow sad.gif

Hoping it's not true
ruby914
sad.gif This sucks!
I have a part of him in my car.
I think of Engman, I think of quality.
sad.gif
smj
I didn't know the man, but I'm sure grateful for all that he did. Just this past August he spotted a post of mine deep in a thread somewhere wishing his aluminum floorboards were still available, and he contacted me to let me know he had one tucked away if I really wanted it. From that and other interactions, he certainly seemed like a class act to me.
Van914
Very sad to hear of Mark's passing. I had met and bought parts from him a number of times. He was passionate about 914's. As I remember he had two in process of restoration. He will be missed.

Van914
GaroldShaffer
RIP Mark

I too, have a few of his parts in my 914. I met Mark at a few 914 events and was asked to test his pedal boards when he first made them.
abnrdo
sad.gif sad...... the community has lost a great guy.
JmuRiz
Very bad news, I was just about to have his parts installed on my car and was excited about telling him how much they change the car. sad.gif
ThePaintedMan
I'm not sure we have verified that he has passed, but if so, a very sad day indeed. Mark's contributions will live on in the form of the many innovations he created for these cars and the warmth that he brought to the community. Hope he and Al are enjoying a brew together somewhere.

charlesmac
I just bought the last version of his inner long kit in October. He's definitely a talented addition to our community. This is very sudden indeed
flippa
sad.gif

We should send a note to his family. It would mean alot to them at such a time.
StratPlayer
Very sad sad.gif
d914
Very sad and way too young... Again many of his parts in my car and always top notch!
If true he will be missed..
JRust
Horrible news. I hope we can confirm it sad.gif . I've got plenty of his products through the years. He's a great guy & a big loss if it's true headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.