Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the fence for doing a V8 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914GT
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 08:55 PM)
I like the whole idea of an electric pump. Consistant flow of water not changed by throttle input. Which pump did you use  from Dedenbear ?

B

Brad, I'm using their WP3 remote pump. I've got a little more than 1000 miles on it since last May. There is one thing I still need to do to my cooling system. I had drilled a small bleeder hole in my thermostat. I need to take the thermostat out and plug this hole or make it smaller. My engine is now running too cold, like 150-160, with the cooler fall temps. That small hole is bypassing enough water to the radiator that the engine never heats up. The DH pump and the others with the traditional belt-drive pumps have the history and reliability behind them, but this little Dedenbear pump is looking like a winner so far. I'll be the guinea pig on this I guess. That's why I like this stuff so much 'cause it's a chance to experiment and do things a little different. On the other hand, some things you stick with and do like everybody else does.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 08:55 PM)
I like the whole idea of an electric pump. Consistant flow of water not changed by throttle input. Which pump did you use  from Dedenbear ?

B

Brad, I'm using their WP3 remote pump.

There's a 914 V8 (Purple) here running a Meiziere pump successfully for street and track. I found a manufacturer at SEMA that uses a "more reliable" brushless motor Stewart Pumps.

I thought the Dedenbear was designed for non-radiator strip cars. I use their fill/expansion tank.
Felix
neo914-6
How many times did Scott tell us "you cant use a LS1"...

My bad, the LS1 is for the 944.
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.