Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 914 2.0l four
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
what VW clutch kits are compatible with the Porsche 914 2.0l four cylinder fuel injected engine? Is this the VW bus engine? I guess since the transmission is different, the clutch assembly probably is too?
914Sixer
Just get the kit listed for the 914. Too many variables using some bus clutches. Some discs have 4 springs, some have 6 spring. Throw out bearing is 911/914 only. Pressure plates have different finger pressure or used too.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 18 2012, 06:01 PM) *

Just get the kit listed for the 914. Too many variables using some bus clutches. Some discs have 4 springs, some have 6 spring. Throw out bearing is 911/914 only. Pressure plates have different finger pressure or used too.

thanks,
will do.
Mark Henry
901 tranny uses a slightly different flywheel/PP/clutch disc arrangement.
If you want to put a bus engine in a 914 use the 914 flywheel/PP/clutch disc.

You can often put a WTB in the classifieds and get a good used set, at a reasonable cost, if you're on a budget.
Ian Stott
My understanding is the flywheel is the same part # as the bus, check out Jake Raby, I got my assembly from him, the 6 spring one and he matches the surfaces before he sends it out. Mine is very smooth, but then I am a professional driver!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
73 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.