Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snorkel Tube wiring harness GB $28 each
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
A great part to have if you need one. I was tapped to make these awhile ago, and there looked like there was some interest in doing these. I plan to make them from silicone of a soft enough durometer to allow them to stretch easily. The flanges will be slightly larger to allow for a tighter fit. So there will be some improvements, but look pretty stock. They should be easier to install than stock. I try to make most of my stuff as close to factory as possible where it makes sense, and I think factory had it right as one piece.
914dave
Mark,
I'll take one. I wanted to talk to you about a full rubber kit and a couple of other items. I'll get you and email before Xmas. Once I figure out what I need.
Thanks
Dave
Gint
Oh, I'm in for that. I looked all over hell to get a decent used one for my six. I'd rather have a new and improved piece.

Edit: I want two actually.
t collins
You can put me down for one.
Thanks, Tom
mepstein
I'm in for 2. thanks, mark
mharmon
I'll take 1
JFJ914
I'l take 1
brant
1 please and can be shipped with my alt grommets

brant
ChrisFoley
10 please
Mikey914
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 20 2012, 09:21 AM) *

1 please and can be shipped with my alt grommets

brant

The Alt grommets are going to be ready in about 2-3 weeks, these are still about 8 weeks out, but i can do this however you want.
-Mark
914runnow
I am in , can't let Gint and Brant show me up..
purrrrfect timing too for my 75 resto..
Rx
ps...looks as if the Coloradoites are in the lead

toolguy
I'm in for 1, although I really don't want to pull the harness back out. . .
sbsix
I'm in for 1.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 19 2012, 11:28 PM) *
I plan to make them from silicone of a soft enough durometer to allow them to stretch easily.

Can you make a version that is longer than stock for those of us with /6 conversions using aftermarket bulkhead motor mounts?

The stock ones usually rip to pieces when you try to stretch them to fit around the new mounts.
idea.gif

IPB Image

JeffBowlsby
I'll buy these in qty also Mark for the chassis harnesses I repair and hope to build new, soon.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2012, 12:04 PM) *

I plan to make them from silicone of a soft enough durometer to allow them to stretch easily.

Can you make a version that is longer than stock for those of us with /6 conversions using aftermarket bulkhead motor mounts?

The stock ones usually rip to pieces when you try to stretch them to fit around the new mounts.
idea.gif

IPB Image

For these special applications, how about using two snorkels, cutting off one end of each and just nesting (overlapping) them? In addition to soapy water, glycerin is a great wire pulling lube.
MrHyde
I'm in for 1 and the alt grommet too..
strawman
I am definitely in for one. Mine tore pretty badly when I reinstalled/removed/reinstalled it a few weeks ago... and it'll need to come out one more time soon!
Tom_T
1 for me too please
euro911
Ooooh, yeah smile.gif

1 for me as well, please.

You can ship this with my (4) alternator grommets and (10) trunk drains idea.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 20 2012, 07:20 PM) *

Ooooh, yeah smile.gif

1 for me as well, please.

You can ship this with my (4) alternator grommets and (10) trunk drains idea.gif

These will probably not all be ready at the same time, but I can combine and ship when you want.
Who knows, I may have a few other items comming out by then. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 20 2012, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2012, 12:04 PM) *

idea.gif

IPB Image

For these special applications, how about using two snorkels, cutting off one end of each and just nesting (overlapping) them? In addition to soapy water, glycerin is a great wire pulling lube.

The cost to tool up for another version is the same as the 1st version, so the most cost effective way would be to use 2. The center section on one could be cut out, The other split. This would allow the center sections to be bunched up in the center, both ends installed and the center could be rolled over the ends. Additional glue could be added to seal. Should work well, and be easier to install than one long one.
-Mark
Rleog
1, please.
aharder
I'm in for 1 biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 20 2012, 11:25 PM) *
The cost to tool up for another version is the same as the 1st version, so the most cost effective way would be to use 2. The center section on one could be cut out, The other split. This would allow the center sections to be bunched up in the center, both ends installed and the center could be rolled over the ends. Additional glue could be added to seal. Should work well, and be easier to install than one long one.

Alright then. beerchug.gif

Do you also include the green tape marker?
idea.gif
A&PGirl
(2) Please
Mikey914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2012, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 20 2012, 11:25 PM) *

Alright then. beerchug.gif

Do you also include the green tape marker?
idea.gif

Just for you Andy

Rob914
One please and two alternator grommets shipped together.
Cool914
I will take 2 thanks.
IronHillRestorations
I'll take 4 please.
carguy914
I will take one...let me know when and how to pay!!
porbmw
Hey Mark
I'll take 2 please....
I think somewhere in all of this I am also down for 6 trunk drains and 4 alternator grommets.
Having said that....I also have to sort out an older order that we somehow haven't nailed down. Don't think I"ve been billed...and will need the parts, will try to get a better rundown to you before end of year.
Have a good one, and thanks
Paul
Mikey914
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 25 2012, 09:55 PM) *

Hey Mark
I'll take 2 please....
I think somewhere in all of this I am also down for 6 trunk drains and 4 alternator grommets.
Having said that....I also have to sort out an older order that we somehow haven't nailed down. Don't think I"ve been billed...and will need the parts, will try to get a better rundown to you before end of year.
Have a good one, and thanks
Paul

I'm making some progress on a few of the other items, these are still 6-8 weeks out, but more stuff coming out too.
Drop me an email and I'll get you what you need.
-mark
Niklas
1 please.

If get more parts out I can wait for them
So you can send everything together.

Niklas
rick 918-S
In for one.
JStroud
I'll take one.

Thanks
Jeff
gothspeed
I will take one snorkel and two alternator grommets smile.gif

I am going to use it to run a parallel set of wires for my new gauges and front mounted fuel pump wiring ....... so I will have two snorkels ..... smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
Does the silicone more stretch than the original? I'm in on the group buy, and I appreciate Mark making these, but I sure to think that a split style is still the way to go. I want to see the 1st guy that pulls all the wires (with connectors) through one of these.
gothspeed
QUOTE(9146986 @ Dec 29 2012, 12:32 PM) *

Does the silicone more stretch than the original? I'm in on the group buy, and I appreciate Mark making these, but I sure to think that a split style is still the way to go. I want to see the 1st guy that pulls all the wires (with connectors) through one of these.

+1 ... I agree on the split style. I was thinking of buying an extra one then try and split it, then glue it back together. If that works it will be great, if not then it will be as good as the torn one I have now ... popcorn[1].gif
euro911
Just make sure to lube the harness and everything will be fine. Wire pulling compound used in the electrical trade should work well in this application.

Click to view attachment
RON S.

Posted on the wrong thread. chair.gif chair.gif

Mark I'm in for 1 also...
You could ship me a couple of trunk drains on the order also...

Ron
Pat Garvey
Mark,

I'm in for the snorkel and some alternator grommets, as well as the truck drain tubes.

Geez, I can't keep up with you!

Any chance for the early rain tray in the near future?
Pat
watsonrx13
I'm in for 1.

--- Rob
scraperhand
im n for 2
Mikey914

The silicone will stretch more, the idea is that it's better to not have to worry if the integrity of the glue or seam is compromised.

If you had a condom that was too small, would you prefer it to stretch more, or would you like to glue it?
Mikey914
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Dec 29 2012, 01:02 PM) *

+1 ... I agree on the split style. I was thinking of buying an extra one then try and split it, then glue it back together. If that works it will be great, if not then it will be as good as the torn one I have now ... popcorn[1].gif

The only ones that would have to be glued together are the ones that would be longer. The idea would be to use the center section from one to extend the legnth. It would be slathered in glue and rolled over the end pieces. It just will not pencil out to make the tooling in 2 diferent versions.
billh1963
Put me down for two!
Harpo
Please put me down for one of each.

Thanks

David
Mikey914
Just a follow up. The tooling is almost complete. I hope to have the fist sample part in about 10 days.
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
pneuhyde
Are you still accepting orders for the group buy plan?
Steve

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 24 2013, 10:35 PM) *

Just a follow up. The tooling is almost complete. I hope to have the fist sample part in about 10 days.
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.