Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throttle cable routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
I can't find any illustrations. how does the throttle cable route from the firewall to the throttle linkage on the 76 2.0l fuel injected engine? I have a 72 with the 76 2.0l engine going in it. I recently purchased this project not completely assembled and have been looking thru all the books to determine what goes where. Any posting suggestions to help me correctly reassemble this car would be much appreciated.
silver74insocal
i had a similar issue, check out the originality forum. there is a thread there showing engine bays. good luck and welcome.png
SLITS
If you are talking about from the engine firewall to the accelerator pedal, it is a cable that passes through the center tunnel in a tube.

If you are talking about how it connects to the TB, it is routed from the firewall thu a hole in the passenger side engine tin, up to the TB where it secured in a bracket (sheathing) and the cable itself to a barrel nut in the TB linkage.

drunk.gif Shit that was tough to type .... backspace.................
jdlmodelt
that's it! thanks! Now...what else do I need to connect? Emergency brake cables...then...what holds the headlights in place?
jdlmodelt
what does the front hood release cable look like? I have a few hundred parts and don't know what they look like...exactly
bugsy0
runs in a plastic sheath over the top of the left front fender, along the inside of the front panel to the mechanism. see spot welded hold-down tabs along that route.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Dec 23 2012, 09:55 PM) *

runs in a plastic sheath over the top of the left front fender, along the inside of the front panel to the mechanism. see spot welded hold-down tabs along that route.

I need to take a pic of the cable that I think it is and see what you think. I don't know what the ebrake cables are supposed to look like as well.
SLITS
QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Dec 23 2012, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Dec 23 2012, 09:55 PM) *

I need to take a pic of the cable that I think it is and see what you think. I don't know what the ebrake cables are supposed to look like as well.

One long and one short .... heavy cables. No pic till later today,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.