Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Front End Rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
7TPorsh
I am slowly accumulating pieces to refurbish my front end. Rather than piece it all together shopping on ebay and here I though maybe I can get the whole setup here easily and in true CSOB style.

Here is what I am looking for...preferably new and all from the same place but ok to split I guess. Again looking for value.

Debating on getting the turbo tie rod kit. Car is a 1970 /4 and a streeter; no racing. If I don't really need the kit than great. Good parts brands vs. great parts are probably ok too.

Front Bushings - Poly acquired from GPR
Lower Ball Joints-
Turbo Rod Kit
or
Tie Rod Ends
Anything Else????

Also think I need a cross member section; the piece bolted to the steering rack. Looks really corroded...local for this one since heavy
running914
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=355
686]
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 26 2012, 10:07 AM) *

I am slowly accumulating pieces to refurbish my front end. Rather than piece it all together shopping on ebay and here I though maybe I can get the whole setup here easily and in true CSOB style.

Here is what I am looking for...preferably new and all from the same place but ok to split I guess. Again looking for value.

Debating on getting the turbo tie rod kit. Car is a 1970 /4 and a streeter; no racing. If I don't really need the kit than great. Good parts brands vs. great parts are probably ok too.

Lower Ball Joints-
Turbo Rod Kit
or
Tie Rod Ends
Anything Else????

Also think I need a cross member section; the piece bolted to the steering rack. Looks really corroded...local for this one since heavy

hello, here are some control arms with ball joint and bushings in very good condition, If this would help you email me at running914@hotmail.com
euro911
Gary,

AZ Autohaus is where I bought all my front end parts (all Lemforder stuff):

These are for a 1970 Porsche 914/4

Ball Joints Click here

Tie Rod Ends Click here

or

Complete Tie Rod Assemblies Click here

EDIT:

If you want to upgrade to the Turbo Tie Rods: Click here

Spacer/Washers Click here

Boots Click here

You can do the upgrade for about the same price idea.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 26 2012, 12:07 PM) *

Lower Ball Joints-
Turbo Rod Kit
or
Tie Rod Ends
Anything Else????

I have many cross members. Free if you pick it up in riverside.
The a arms you were offered will not fit your car as you need the pinch bolt type not the taper pin type.
Bruce
70-914nut
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 26 2012, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 26 2012, 12:07 PM) *

Lower Ball Joints-
Turbo Rod Kit
or
Tie Rod Ends
Anything Else????

I have many cross members. Free if you pick it up in riverside.
The a arms you were offered will not fit your car as you need the pinch bolt type not the taper pin type.
Bruce

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=196611
check this out and let me know what you think.
7TPorsh
am i going to see a huge difference if I do the turbo tie kit vs. just new ends?
mittelmotor
Another thing that might need some attention while you're in there is the steering coupler between the rack and steering shaft...they can degrade and generate some slop/looseness in the system. I should've done mine when I had it apart!
Evil914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 26 2012, 11:37 AM) *

Gary,

AZ Autohaus is where I bought all my front end parts (all Lemforder stuff):

These are for a 1970 Porsche 914/4

Ball Joints Click here

Tie Rod Ends Click here

or

Complete Tie Rod Assemblies Click here

EDIT:

If you want to upgrade to the Turbo Tie Rods: Click here

Spacer/Washers Click here

Boots Click here

You can do the upgrade for about the same price idea.gif

Hey,thanks for that info.I know where I'm buying my front-end parts,great prices!! piratenanner.gif
euro911
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 26 2012, 02:30 PM) *
am i going to see a huge difference if I do the turbo tie kit vs. just new ends?
I'll let you know after I get everything installed laugh.gif

Word is, yes, but if yours are the originals and worn out, just installing new ball joints and rod ends it will definitely provide improvement over 30+ year old ones.

I decided to go with the turbo rods as I occasionally get a little aggressive behind the wheel driving.gif
7TPorsh
Ok, ordered the ball joints, tie rod ends, and boots

Great tips.

Whats the steerring coupler...uni joint?

Have to start shopping for the rear end...rear bushings...AA has some good prices no? (don't shoot me)

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Polygra...R993015335.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.