Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY SIX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sixnotfour
I should have posted these also, it tool quite a bit of messy around ...trying to save that OG parts...

you can see how the door post assembly pushed in and rolled the wheel house in a U shape, no creasing just rolled.

So really all I did is un roll it.. Rich I am not saying the chassis is still square, but the rolled area is what made the door opening shorten.
sixnotfour
idea.gif
effutuo101
Great work Jeff! love the pictures.
sixnotfour
Before.... I knew I had a shot at it because the door pillar is ok so if I backed it up with some solid it would move back with some pulling power.
It really hasn't taken much to move this pressure wise so far..
rick 918-S
Looking good Jeff. I can see you have the concept. Work from the center square of the chassis. Those things most guy's call hockey pucks or jack points are actually used as check sets on the Celette. This is the way to tell if the center of the chassis is square and level. If it's not nothing else matters. Move out from there. I don't know if you got any measuring equipment with the Caroliner but with simple centering gauges you can hang them from the check sets and work out from there.
sixnotfour
Here is the little last little kink hiding behind the windshield and dash smash.gif
once this hinge point is opened a bit, I think things will be a lot closer..
windshield opening, fender seam, and the cowl hump should come down some more.

The cowl seem area that takes the blk trim piece was completely closed, but as I progressed , it is almost factory width again.
sixnotfour
Moving rearward...
sixnotfour
Coming around...
sixnotfour
before...
sixnotfour
before II...
sixnotfour
So Far So Good, made a couple minor mistakes, But all the rough Reshaping is Done..I now know what to save and what not to for replacement body parts.. I'm tired..Next step...Remove from the CarOliner,
Put a straight never bent OG paint 914 on the carOliner and make some jigs....

oh and I need to og to Utah..finally...and go pickup some brass, after that..
Root_Werks
Good on you for getting your old 914-6 back! Keep on top of it and get it back on the road.
JRust
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 12 2014, 12:31 PM) *

Good on you for getting your old 914-6 back! Keep on top of it and get it back on the road.

Uh oh there has been a Dan Root sighting. Must be time for you to by another 914 biggrin.gif . Good to see you on Dan
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ May 12 2014, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 12 2014, 12:31 PM) *

Uh oh there has been a Dan Root sighting. Must be time for you to by another 914 biggrin.gif . Good to see you on Dan

He still has -6 envy!

Hi Dan bye1.gif
sixnotfour
Bump for Troy, as he was very interested....
messix
I have been following!

good seeing you and catching up today

if any of you don't know this guy is a magician with body repair and panel work!

this car was a write off and damn near every one here would grab this even if it was a 4 car. nice work!
mgp4591
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 9 2014, 11:25 AM) *

So Far So Good, made a couple minor mistakes, But all the rough Reshaping is Done..I now know what to save and what not to for replacement body parts.. I'm tired..Next step...Remove from the CarOliner,
Put a straight never bent OG paint 914 on the carOliner and make some jigs....

oh and I need to og to Utah..finally...and go pickup some brass, after that..

Whatcha comin' to Utah for? Jus' wonderin.... blink.gif
sixnotfour
well, I am sorts headed that way via Montana , as I have Shea's long awaited 3.0..

Oh bought this for cheep, true 914 fashion... shades.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 21 2014, 08:55 PM) *

well, I am sorts headed that way via Montana , as I have Shea's long awaited 3.0..

Oh bought this for cheep, true 914 fashion... shades.gif

Like! assimilate.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
I might as well update my progress, earlier this year, we bought a place in Erda Utah,
So My Six has moved 900 miles to a much dryer climate... biggrin.gif
JRust
Damn you have snow allready blink.gif
sixnotfour
no that was march ?? so now I am 6 more months behind...
rhodyguy
Is that out building on your property?
sixnotfour
yes I have 4 914's in it
gms
You all moved in now?
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.