Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tail lights not on with headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdlmodelt
Okay. I am working my way thru all the electrical connections putting this 72 back together. I have the signal lights, headlights, brake lights working but I can't get the tail lights to go on with the head lights. I have two remaining wires on each tail light that I have not connected. one is the backup lights the other the markers for night time. I have not be able to get either of the two working yet. The front marker lights work when the head lights are on. Is there a common place to look for discontinuity for the rear tail lights?

I took her out for a short 1 mile drive. barely got into 4th gear. she is really spunky. I like the power. My county roads are still iced up and I can't really put my foot in it yet.

J
Tom
Fuse #9, 8 amp. Check for good fuse and good connection.
Tom
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(Tom @ Jan 6 2013, 04:13 PM) *

Fuse #9, 8 amp. Check for good fuse and good connection.
Tom

which fuse is fuse 8? I haven't found a fuse guide in the Haynes manual?
Here's a pic of the teener in daylight!Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Pull fuse box cover and look to see if any fuses are broken or not seated correctly. If the cover is missing, it is extremely easy to dislodge them when you get in and out.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 6 2013, 05:33 PM) *

Pull fuse box cover and look to see if any fuses are broken or not seated correctly. If the cover is missing, it is extremely easy to dislodge them when you get in and out.

Haha! I don't have a fuse cover! I'll look closer to see if I have a burned fuse. I don't see any loose wires under there either?
steuspeed
Look in your cars glove box manual.

Or here:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...rical_fuses.htm

Pictograms are on the clear fuse box cover which is usually lost/broken.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jan 6 2013, 05:51 PM) *

Look in your cars glove box manual.

Or here:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...rical_fuses.htm

Pictograms are on the clear fuse box cover which is usually lost/broken.

Do the tail lights tie in with a spade connector somewhere with the front marker lights? If so...where could I look for that? I hope not up under the tiny little dashboard. headbang.gif
jbyron
Since #9 also includes cigarette lighter, perhaps check to see if you're getting power there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.