Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's 914-6 is this ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dasnowman
Is this car anyones on here???? or know who owns it? THIS has to be my favorite 914, love the car and the build would like to know more specs about it!

can't figure out how to link photo's of car says error when I try to image link it!

http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2010/08/25...6-11-hq-photos/
nathansnathan
Klaus Kindor of Placentia, from what I can tell, owns it, or is selling it for someone.
http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/93139/index.html

Here it is in a thread, some pics Jim took. I don't know why all the coolest custom 914's don't have head rests on the seats - that seems painful. dry.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=109850&hl=
mepstein
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 10 2013, 08:06 AM) *

Klaus Kindor of Placentia, from what I can tell, owns it, or is selling it for someone.

Here it is in a thread, some pics Jim took. I don't know why all the coolest custom 914's don't have head rests on the seats - that seems painful. dry.gif

Helmet
nathansnathan
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 10 2013, 05:09 AM) *

Helmet

Ah, that makes sense, I was thinking of the black one which has a similar seating arrangement.
Cracker
I'm no purist by any measure but it's a shame an original 6 was done that way. All that money and they retained the 901 box - nothing more than an over priced hot rod at this point. It is "pretty" but not a functional (performance wise) true track car despite being described as "race set-up, roll cage (I don't see one)"...

Its a $30-$32k car IF you can find the "right" buyer in todays market.
carr914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 10 2013, 09:16 AM) *

I'm no purist by any measure but it's a shame an original 6 was done that way. All that money and they retained the 901 box - nothing more than an over priced hot rod at this point. It's pretty but not functional, performance wise despite being described as "race set-up, roll cage (I don't see one)"...

Its a $30-$32k car IF you can find the "right" buyer in todays market.

I disagree - heck you could Part it out for more than price
carr914
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 10 2013, 08:06 AM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=109850&hl=

It's got Headrests - they are removable
Mike Bellis
It is a nice car but why ruin a real -6. Maybe not ruined but, now so far from original. Oh well... I would drive the shit out of it but I would never pay the $62k asking price.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Zimms
Isn't this xitspd 's old car? If so, it was built up this way at least 7-8 years ago.

I always liked this car, even more when he had the yellow on the bumpers. I would love to see what it drives like.
brant
very pretty....

but not a stock car
and not a race car
so it seems like its a confused car

VegasRacer
QUOTE(Zimms @ Jan 10 2013, 07:29 AM) *

Isn't this xitspd 's old car? If so, it was built up this way at least 7-8 years ago.

Yup. That is Dan Callicot's car. wub.gif It is very impressive in person. drooley.gif
jsayre914
I like it !

driving.gif
Ferg
Yup, Dan's old car, I have never seen it in person, but if it's half as nice as my Carrera, that used to share garage space with it, it's worth every bit of asking price. Dan was the man.

Cracker
Possibly but that's not a pleasant process and certainly not how it's being presented. If someone (verifiable) pays over $40k I'd consider it a miracle. Incredibly well prepared, low mile original /6's don't often bring anything outside of the 30's - there is no way a heavily modified car with a Autometer style tach has more "value".

As I said before, it is pretty and I WOULD much rather have this car 7-days a week than an original stock car. Heck, I wouldn't even want a stock one. This however, is not point I was making...jmo.

Cracker

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 10 2013, 10:17 AM) *

I disagree - heck you could Part it out for more than price
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I saw the car years ago and was impressed with what Dan C ( RIP) had accomplished with his -6. To my knowledge he never really tracked the car like some of us ‘intended’
Just like my spec GT2, I ordered it and it mainly sits.., some say its a waste- but you know what, I did it my way.
Again my .02 cents
carr914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 10 2013, 12:25 PM) *

Incredibly well prepared, low mile original /6's don't often bring anything outside of the 30's

Cracker

Wrong Again
Cracker
There are always exceptions and nobody should ever paint with a broad brush on these types of cars. I see allot of -6 cars that are #'s matching and beautiful but can't move them at asking price between $39-$45k - simply stated the facts as I've seen them in the last six months.

With that said, this car looks very well done and built with exceptional parts/pieces. I also don't deny "build" cost...God only knows I've done similiar things. The point I was attempting to state is this car/build seems to fall into a "no-mans-land" for potential buyers - value suffers (typically) when cars are built short of a singular purpose.

If you disagree with this too, God bless you (in fact, God bless you anyway). beerchug.gif

Cracker

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 10 2013, 02:03 PM) *

Incredibly well prepared, low mile original /6's don't often bring anything outside of the 30's

Cracker

Wrong Again
stuttgart46
The pics with the yellow bumper has a cage inside and the current pics don't. Was it removed? Does anybody remember if it was a bolt in? Just curious.
I would like to see this car with some Fuchs instead of the Kinesis wheels.
brant
The point I was attempting to state is this car/build seems to fall into a "no-mans-land" for potential buyers - value suffers (typically) when cars are built short of a singular purpose.
Cracker
------------------

Perfectly said..
its not really a race car (at least not a good one)
its half way there and halfway away from stock/street
commitment to vision would have made it better from my viewpoint

perfectly said.....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 10 2013, 11:27 AM) *

There are always exceptions and nobody should ever paint with a broad brush on these types of cars. I see allot of -6 cars that are #'s matching and beautiful but can't move them at asking price between $39-$45k - simply stated the facts as I've seen them in the last six months.

With that said, this car looks very well done and built with exceptional parts/pieces. I also don't deny "build" cost...God only knows I've done similiar things. The point I was attempting to state is this car/build seems to fall into a "no-mans-land" for potential buyers - value suffers (typically) when cars are built short of a singular purpose.

If you disagree with this too, God bless you (in fact, God bless you anyway). beerchug.gif

Cracker

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 10 2013, 02:03 PM) *

Cracker

Wrong Again

Yup... Still wrong.

Anyone trying to sell a 914-6 at that price in the US is barking up the wrong tree except for the absolute right buyer. But, that car would sell in a heartbeat for a very nice asking price in Europe where they have a monetary advantage and let's face it, they want their cars back... My '84 911 with 70K miles sold at the asking price in less than 24 hours. The buyers agent was so sure his buyer would take it, he was 100 miles from home and 100 miles from me before he even called to tell me he was coming to see it. Oh, and then he let it slip that he had a trailer on the back of his truck. He made a very feeble attempt to negotiate but then called his buyer (middle of the night in Germany) and all I understood of their conversation was "ja das iss fine auto." When I asked him why he didn't try to negotiate more, he just said that with the exchange rate (which is slightly less advantageous now) he was stealing my car. My asking price? $400 less than the car's sticker price when new.
Dasnowman
IS IT A REAL 914-6? I thought real 6's have a pull lever system for the headlights to save a couple of pounds and as you can see this one has motors or was that for later years?

Yes it looks like the car was setup for track then reverted back to more of a street car?

Either way I think it's a nice car for my taste not a pure track car or original spec'd 6
Cracker
No offense Rob but all your bloviating about a "911 "story" makes little sense to me as it relates to this car/price/location/build/etc/etc. I won't go into details...

We could talk about this until the cows come home - lets just put a "timer" on this sales effort as of today and verify the sale price (when not if, of course). I am wrong all the time and happily ready to step up and admit it when I'm in fact incorrect. I am simply just stating my observations and opinions and am certainly not a professional in the auto trade (like some of you may be).

However, real world (sales) figures expose the truth much more than hot air (from all of us, of course). I'll look forward to the results. One thing is for sure...someone appears to be getting a spectacular ride. The price of entry is the only item I'm debating. rolleyes.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 10 2013, 01:00 PM) *

No offense Rob but all your bloviating about a "911 "story" makes little sense to me as it relates to this car/price/location/build/etc/etc. I won't go into details...

We could talk about this until the cows come home - lets just put a "timer" on this sales effort as of today and verify the sale price (when not if, of course). I am wrong all the time and happily ready to step up and admit it when I'm in fact incorrect. I am simply just stating my observations and opinions and am certainly not a professional in the auto trade (like some of you may be).

However, real world (sales) figures expose the truth much more than hot air (from all of us, of course). I'll look forward to the results. One thing is for sure...someone appears to be getting a spectacular ride. The price of entry is the only item I'm debating. rolleyes.gif

If it's a Porsche it relates 911 or not. 914-6 prices were headed north of $30K when the US economy collapsed. That was a few years ago now. I'm not in the auto trade either, far from it. But I have bought and sold a lot of Porsche cars and done well with it. TC is much closer to the auto trade and has sold a few 914-6 cars. Don't take my word for it, and if he says your wrong... shades.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jan 10 2013, 03:49 PM) *

IS IT A REAL 914-6? I thought real 6's have a pull lever system for the headlights

Ah - no.

GT's did.

Regular ol' street /6's used exactly the same headlight arrangement the /4's do.
For completeness, the electrics (headlight, not raise/lower bits) were wired like 911's rather than 914-4.
SirAndy
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:26 PM) *

The pics with the yellow bumper has a cage inside and the current pics don't. Was it removed? Does anybody remember if it was a bolt in? Just curious.

I don't think that is 555.

The last time i saw 555 (after Dan died and the car was sold) it was being restored back to factory specs by the new owner.
idea.gif
Cracker
Apparantly I have been quite wrong in this thread so far but believe I'm correct here. It appears the pics of 555 and the "subject" car are one in the same. Check out the Dzus fasteners on the front bumper and airdam on both cars. Either the same or one was copying the other in very precise details.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 10 2013, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:26 PM) *

I don't think that is 555.

The last time i saw 555 (after Dan died and the car was sold) it was being restored back to factory specs by the new owner.
idea.gif

RON S.
One thing no one has considered while judging this guy's car is what condition the car was in when all the mod's began....
If it was pristine, then that is maybe something to debate, but if it was a rust bucket, then maybe that's a different story.

I surely don't know this man's case, but I do know mine..

I found my -6 back in 1998, slowly returning back to the earth behind a used car lot.
Every pan in it, both frame rails and the shift tunnel were basically gone. Every corner of the car was hacked to install fiberglass flares. And, to add further insult, My Previous owner must've blown the 6, and had had the car converted to a 4cyl & 4cyl. transmission.

My COA from Porsche stated my engine# was 6400373. Yeah, that's right. It's a Euro engine serial #. And I'm still waiting 15 years into ownership to see someone offer it up for sale for me to reunite it with my car. For the purists out there, I'm still holding my breath on that one if you can believe that.

In the meantime, without access to the original engine or the transmission, I redid my car the way that appealed to me..... I wasn't going to wait my lifetime just for originality. I wanted to drive it.
So for me, it was a 993 3.6L, 915, Steel Flares, 10''Wide rims, and all the goodies I could add over the last decade.. I'm still going with the updates. Hotrodding it made it so much faster, and fun to drive.

If and when I ever decide to sell it, it won't be at a fire sale at my expense. I'll either get what I want for it or I'll give it to my grand daughter whose sitting on it in my avatar..
For the purist, any one that avidly collects cars knows that ALL cars are only original ONCE, and that is the day that it's driven off the new dealers lot.

Lastly, If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, but I thought that I saw this car in Excellence back in the late 90's. I think it was owned at the time by a man named Gagnon. Beautiful car either way. biggrin.gif

brant
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 10 2013, 05:39 PM) *

One thing no one has considered while judging this guy's car is what condition the car was in when all the mod's began....
If it was pristine, then that is maybe something to debate, but if it was a rust bucket, then maybe that's a different story.

I found my -6 back in 1998, slowly returning back to the earth behind a used car lot.
Every pan in it, both frame rails and the shift tunnel were basically gone. Every corner of the car was hacked to install fiberglass flares. And, to add further insult, My Previous owner must've blown the 6, and had had the car converted to a 4cyl & 4cyl. transmission.

My COA from Porsche stated my engine# was 6400373. Yeah, that's right. It's a Euro engine serial #. And I'm still waiting 15 years into ownership to see someone offer it up for sale for me to reunite it with my car. For the purists out there, I'm still holding my breath on that one if you can believe that.

In the meantime, without access to the original engine or the transmission, I redid my car the way that appealed to me..... I wasn't going to wait my lifetime just for originality. I wanted to drive it.
So for me, it was a 993 3.6L, 915, Steel Flares, 10''Wide rims, and all the goodies I could add over the last decade.. I'm still going with the updates. Hotrodding it made it so much faster, and fun to drive.

If and when I ever decide to sell it, it won't be at a fire sale at my expense. I'll either get what I want for it or I'll give it to my grand daughter whose sitting on it in my avatar..
For the purist, any one that avidly collects cars knows that ALL cars are only original ONCE, and that is the day that it's driven off the new dealers lot.

Lastly, If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, but I thought that I saw this car in Excellence back in the late 90's. I think it was owned at the time by a man named Gagnon. Beautiful car either way. biggrin.gif

I think its the calcott car.
I'm absolutely ok with customization any way an owner wants
but I do believe (like happened with the 356) that we have reached a point where a stock real -6 will not be worth more money than one that is customized... Rust repaired or not.
Norskpole
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 10 2013, 04:39 PM) *

That is not the former car of Bob Gagnon...
pete000
Very tricked out orig 914-6 Hot Rod.

I agree it would show better with Fuchs and a bit more factory GT influence. A bit too "track" style for me. I would like to see it with stock mirrors, black lowers, chrome or black bumpers, black top, and Fuchs...Keep all the race stuff, just down play it a touch.
AZ914
Sure I would have done a few things differently but I would be happy to have it in my garage. smile.gif
lagunero
QUOTE(brant @ Jan 11 2013, 07:39 AM) *
I do believe (like happened with the 356) that we have reached a point where a stock real -6 will not be worth more money than one that is customized... Rust repaired or not.

agree.gif
Dasnowman
Been seeing this car getting bombed on Craigslist for $59k and it's a replica!

IPB Image

IPB Image
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jan 14 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Nice headers with heat!!! drooley.gif
euro911
Anybody notice the ceramic electric heater smile.gif

Click to view attachment
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 14 2013, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jan 14 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Nice headers with heat!!! drooley.gif

Those B&B headers suck for fit and heat..i ve got them on my car and they are junk.there coming off ..nice car BTW
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.