Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight filler plate question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Peashooter
Hi Guys,
I'm installing the headlights into my six, and I have a question about how the filler plates in front of the headlights get installed. I have the rubber pieces, but being as how the car was completely stripped when I got it, I don't know how they go in correctly. The factory manual is no help and I know you guys know how to do it. Pictures are always appreciated, but verbiage will work as well.Thanks!
Bill
toolguy
IIRC-remove the headlight plastic surrounds. . If you've got small hands you can reach inside under the eyelids without pulling the headlights out . . the little rubber plugs push through, pointy side out, 1 to under the fender and 2 inside the trunk. . . lube them up. . push. . . and use a little 'pick' to work them through. . . Yeah, it's somewhat of a PITA.
By the way. . where they go is where they go. . you adjust the gaps by adjusting the headlight hinge pins
SirAndy
Whatever you do, make sure you have both headlight relays removed first!

Your fingers will thank you ...
shades.gif
Peashooter
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 10 2013, 09:50 PM) *

Whatever you do, make sure you have both headlight relays removed first!

Your fingers will thank you ...
shades.gif

Thanks, I've got it. No need to worry about relays yet, the car is just now coming together. I used a motorcycle battery to test things and get the final adjustments right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.