Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **Confusion regarding Hats**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
seanery
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion regarding the recent hat debacle.

Here is the status of the hat orders:
  • Hats were Blemished from the manufacturer
  • Poll was taken on what to do with hats
  • Manufacturer is redoing the hats
  • 25 Blemished hats were donated to Arizona PCA get together - hats given to children
  • 75 Blemished Hats were sold on ebay - $ to charity
  • 60 Blemished hats went up for sale on ebay -$ to charity
  • Remainder of Blemished hats will be used for charity give-aways in the name of 914World.com
  • All Ebay hats have been shipped (except Serge's - sorry it'll go out tomorrow)
  • I will update the club as to when the new hats arrive
  • Thanks everyone for your patience!
Recent thread info:
Poll about boo boo with the hats

Questions about what to do with Blems

Thread announcing Blemished sales on Ebay
Qarl
Where's my 914club hat? I sent you money a long time ago and have received nothing?

Are you gambling with my money?

I think this is a scam!
Rusty
Are there any tan hats left? rolleyes.gif
Joe Bob
Relatives stoll all m finger.gif y hats....
mack914
Thanks!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
seanery
you're welcome Mack, it wasn't just you, I've received about 10 emails in the last 72 hours about this.
Part Pricer
I think he took all of our money and bought a vinyl cutter. biggrin.gif
JerryP
Wearing my blemished hat right now and am quite happy with it. Thanks Sean.
tod914
The hats are being re-manufactured in Nigeria as we speak. welder.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 10 2004, 11:12 AM)

Yes, and as former Prime Minister, I kindly ask that you could you please hold the sum of $14,000,000.00 in your personal bank account for safe keeping?
SpecialK
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 10 2004, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 10 2004, 11:12 AM)

Yes, and as former Prime Minister, I kindly ask that you could you please hold the sum of $14,000,000.00 in your personal bank account for safe keeping?

lol2.gif chairfall.gif
SLITS
No - that's I'm gonna send you a check for 15 gazillion dollars. You cash it, take your $20 out and buy a money order for 14.99999999999 gazillion dollars and send it to my sister in England.
SGB
you have done a great thing! I got a hat, and charity got the $. win-win!
(I missed the ordering period originally, and got a hat anyway!)
Tab914
Hey Sean! Could you post a list of who's hats were sent out and who's weren't?

Thanks! Just anxious to get mine. Cheers, Dominic.
seanery
If you ordered on ebay, they were sent out.
If not, then, nope, not sent out.
SGB
right. Mine was an e-bay purchase. Is it too late to order a not messed-up one? am I correct in recalling that you ended up just leaving off the bill tag thingy?
seanery
unfortunately, the order taking process is way over for the replacement hats. It ended in August.
Toast
Never got to try on one of those hats. sad.gif Someones wacho wife took them out to the desert and tossed them out the window. boid.gif

Hey SGB,
Is your avatar Nikola Tesla?
seanery
QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 12 2004, 01:35 PM)
Never got to try on one of those hats.   sad.gif   Someones wacho wife took them out to the desert and tossed them out the window.   boid.gif

waahhhht?

seein' a man married to a psycho?
mnementh
Sean,
I received my blemmed hat, and think they are cool. With the off center tag, it is as out of the ordinary as a 914. Thanks for selling them on e-Bay, and for the quick shipment. Now, lets go drive !!! driving.gif
TomL
How much are the hats and how do I order one? TomL
seanery
Tom,
we've already placed the order, it's one of those pay in advance things.
There should be another order in the spring or maybe the hats will be in ecommerce.
martinef1963
I am a new member and was wondering how could I get a good hat?

thanks, laugh.gif
jfort
i know i'll get one eventually
seanery
[Rant]Everyone who has ordered a hat did so from this webpage. Is it so tough for people to look here for information? I know this wasn't the best purchase we've had, but folks please read the info here. It is the most current. If more comes along I will post it here! [/Rant]
martinef1963
Are there any left overs? If not, how can we order some more?

thanks,
seanery
There may be extra to sell, but that won't be determined until the order arrives. Keep your eyes open for a how to order thread if some become available.
Howard
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 22 2004, 07:30 AM)
[Rant]Everyone who has ordered a hat did so from this webpage. Is it so tough for people to look here for information? I know this wasn't the best purchase we've had, but folks please read the info here. It is the most current. If more comes along I will post it here! [/Rant]

Watch it Sean. You're starting to sound like me rolleyes.gif

What the track entry fee? headbang.gif
seanery
it's a hundred and fifty bucks extra, right?
Howard
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 22 2004, 10:48 AM)

Put a smiley on that. You're starting to scare me biggrin.gif
seanery
what? confused24.gif
skline
So where is my non-blemished hats??? I need something for when I get dressed up nice. biggrin.gif
Toast
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 22 2004, 12:29 PM)
for when I get dressed up nice. biggrin.gif

lol2.gif
Good one Scott.
andy914
If you have extra after the order comes in I'd like to buy one. If not I'll order next time around
Meredith
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 22 2004, 10:48 AM)

That's what I heard... rolleyes.gif

I'm excited for the hats to come! Thank you, Sean, for doing all this. I really appreciate all the work and I'm sure I speak for everyone else (who ordered a hat) when I say that. You rock! pray.gif

-Mer
seanery
Thanks Mer. smile.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Meredith @ Nov 23 2004, 11:42 PM)
Thank you, Sean, for doing all this. I really appreciate all the work and I'm sure I speak for everyone else (who ordered a hat) when I say that. You rock! pray.gif

-Mer

agree.gif
Dr Evil
Its been a while, so I'll bump the thread with a question about ETA.
Any word on when? I'm in no hurry so don't stress on my account.

As always, thanks!
Downunderman
Sean, I bet you wish you never had anything to do with this. You never criticise a volunteer unless you are prepared to take his place.
seanery
what's this?
seanery
maybe this will help confused24.gif
seanery
That is 131 boxes of hats destined for all parts of the US.

International (Australia, Canada, Finland & the Netherlands) orders will go out tomorrow. smile.gif
markb
boldblue.gif clap56.gif mueba.gif pray.gif
mike_the_man
Yay. Way to go Sean! smilie_pokal.gif I'm pumped! Although, it's now toque weather here. Damn winter.
tod914
Sean,

Thanks again for all the effort.
Jenny
Just in time for Christmas. Awesome. You're such a stud, Sean!! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Jen
914-4-2
smilie_pokal.gif Merry Christmas to me... Thanks Sean, Way to go, waiting for the supplier to supply you with what you paid for, I'm sure it will pay off. Thanks again for the HUGE effort, we all owe you a beer.gif

Thanks, Marsh

Best of the season to you.
Aaron Cox
woohoo! now i can show off infront of all the guys with the 'offcenter hats'!!!! laugh.gif
SteveL
Sean,

I want to tell you how much I appreciate all the effort and time you have put into this project. It was definitely a fiasco, but you managed to turn the problem into a fantastic charity fundraiser. All of this was done with no motive other than the goodness of your heart. pray.gif
Thank you VERY much.
GaroldShaffer
Excellent! Thank you again for doing this I owe a beer.gif or two beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.