Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure sender mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brownaar
I've got a 73 2.0 that I'm adding a dual oil pressure sender(gauge and idiot light) to. This thing is huge. Most of you know it won't fit through the opening for the single pole sender. My question is this? Has anyone used some type of extension(pipe or high pressure hose) with the proper threaded ends to hook one of these up to avoid cutting sheet metal and/or having to remove the distributor to have working space?

Thanks,
Aaron
SirAndy
QUOTE(brownaar @ Nov 10 2004, 04:23 PM)
Has anyone used some type of extension(pipe or high pressure hose) with the proper threaded ends

the original VDO kit came with a extension hose and a clamp to mount it ...

wink.gif Andy
brownaar
Anybody know if I can find one of these? That's exactly what I need.

Thanks,
Aaron
machina
aircooled.net
K9Torro
Hey where did you get that red dist cap and wires from ? boldblue.gif
machina
QUOTE(K9Torro @ Nov 10 2004, 10:12 PM)
Hey where did you get that red dist cap and wires from ? boldblue.gif

uh, aircooled.net smile.gif

and there is a unilte dizzy on the other end of that pretty red cap.
MXMARK
I have one a vdo kit or aircooled net. Thanks Mark
bperry
And how do you guys tighten the end that goes down into the block?
What tool? With teflon?

--- bill
MXMARK
No teflon on the kit I made for my car the threads are tapered. I trhink the sender work better with a ground. I know the ground comes from the mount. 10mm by 1mm thread pitch tapered. Bend the right size wrench. This is a picture of my home made kit.
MXMARK
picture
MXMARK
I changed the mount to the case so it would fit with the mallory I installed. see this link for more info. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...16433&hl=sender
brownaar
MXMARK,
You have a PM.

Thanks,
Aaron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.