Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torque spec ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob L.
1) I have searched around for a torque setting to install new step studs for the exhaust manifold/header. The only setting I can find is from Tunacan.net.

They list - heat exchangers to cylinder head at 16 ftlbs.

Does this apply to installing the stud in the case, the nut on the stud(holding the header) or both?
Any pertinent info would appreciated as well.

2) I'm having trouble matching the vacuum hose diagram to the ports i have on my engine. A '76 2.0. The diagram shows 3 connections at the throttle body.
Click to view attachment
However, my throttle body only has one connection. I see where one can be eliminated. confused24.gif Is the '76 different? Please advise.

Thanks.
SLITS
Your '75 will have only one port on the throttle body and it is connected to the Vacuum Retard on the distributor. Vacuum Advance was not used after '73. There are only two anyway. The blue line you see is from a port on the air cleaner to the De-acceleration valve ... adds extra air for emission control on closed throttle. Your '75, if equipped with the smog pump originally, will have a rectangular fitting to which a tube was fastened.

There is no torque value that I am aware of for installing studs in the heads that I am aware of. Since they are threaded on both ends with a gap in the middle, I run the short threaded end into the boss until it hits the gap.

I do torque the nuts that hold the HEs on to the value specified;

Why studs? Once in, they are less prone to pulling threads out of aluminum (unless over-torqued) than running a threaded fastener(bolt) in and give better clamping force.

My opinion ... the "spurts" can chime in now.
gunny
The diagram is hard to follow, I just went through this on my 1976 2.0.
There are 2 lines to the throttle Body both going to the distributor as drawn the other line that looks like it goes to the TB is actually the air cleaner.
442nd914s
QUOTE(gunny @ Jan 17 2013, 01:34 PM) *

There are 2 lines to the throttle Body both going to the distributor as drawn the other line that looks like it goes to the TB is actually the air cleaner.

agree.gif
I had to go under the "originality forum" here and look under the engine bay pictures to get the hoses right. That diagram has a couple of mistakes. No offense to the person.
I also have a 2.0lt efi
gunny
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Jan 17 2013, 12:45 PM) *

QUOTE(gunny @ Jan 17 2013, 01:34 PM) *

agree.gif
I had to go under the "originality forum" here and look under the engine bay pictures to get the hoses right. That diagram has a couple of mistakes. No offense to the person.
I also have a 2.0lt efi

The diagram is from a 73-early 74 2.0.
I can't find any diagrams of a 1976 vacuum setup.
If your looking for the 2 vacuum lines to the TB this diagarm is correct for those 2, atleast that is how mine is setup withe EFI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.