Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: canadian 914 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
turbo914v8
Good day all from another teener owner in T.O. It would be great if we could organize a little get together and all meet and exchange stories over a beer. I was always jealous that the U.S guys always have these great get together. It’s about time we hosted a Canadian get together. Of course all would be welcome.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.
freezing14
i have seen that rolling chassis and it is still for sale ,, as of last friday,, nice yellow,, but it is like everything some people think is is worth more just because of the P sign on it, I have seen a guy who was asking 2000 for a empty chassis ( actually 2 half chassis) WTF when its dead its dead but some other guy will say that there is a sucker born every minute,,,
aveale
the more i learn about my car, the more I feel like a sucker!!

T
Quebecer
I paid $2100 for my roller, but at least I have two engines (1.7L), two trannies, several bumpers, hoods, a good set of Mahle wheels and a lot of extra parts.

The structure needs some work, but it could be worse.

I believe other than the chrome, which I wasn't going to use much of anyway, I'm not missing much. Gonna find the right box though.

Just tons of work... actually still in the disassembly process.

One of these days there'll be another one on the road and then beer.gif
freezing14
dont worry tony , we'll fix you up, it just a bit of rust,

Salut quebecer,,ton anglais est pas pire, a quelle point est tu rendu dans ton demantelement, je vais etre dans ton coin mercredi ou jeudi,, contact moi
GaroldShaffer
My mother is from Kitchener / Waterloo area. We go up all the time to visit family. Keep us posted of a date, I just might have to see if the teener can make the drive to the great white north from Indiana.
mike_the_man
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 18 2004, 07:25 PM)

Oh, btw, I did see a yellow 914 in Moose Jaw on my last trip home. Dunno if the owner is on the board or not.....

kim.

Yup, I've talked to him before. I told him about the club, but I'm not sure if he ever registered or not. I think I have his email address somewhere. If we get something planned, I'll send him an email.

There was a real sweet 6 conversion in Calgary for sale this summer. Did anybody have a look at it, or know if it sold? If I had the money, I would have jumped on it.
davep
Come on guys, I have just over half of you signed into the list. The longer the list the better the chance of having your own local party. If you know somebody not on this list, then let me know about them also. We should be up to sixty soon.
JeffBowlsby
We should be up to sixty soon

Oh my....

Dave that sounds like the beginning of the Canadian 914 Classic 2005

biggrin.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif
davep
Jeff, you probably have that many in San Jose. These guys are spread across the continent. Six are in Victoria BC and one is in Halifax. That is 80 driving hours and 3800 miles apart. So regionals it will have to be. I used to have up to 15 guys come to my events. It made for a pretty back yard.
physician
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 20 2004, 08:24 AM)
Come on guys, I have just over half of you signed into the list. The longer the list the better the chance of having your own local party. If you know somebody not on this list, then let me know about them also. We should be up to sixty soon.

funny , i think that 14 would be enough.... but if we came up being 16 then.. we'll have a special place in all pther members...

en passant, ca fais drole de lire en francais ici!!!

someday i'll find a great car for a great price, i just take my time,

great teaner are generaly in ontario.... don't have time to travel 4-6 hours just to go see a carm then drive back....
JeffBowlsby
So how many 914 owners are local to you DaveP, local enough to gather for a monthly 9:14 breakfast when the weather is nice?

I am sure there are many 914 owners here in the Bay Area that we have not found yet, my guess is that this site only collects about 10% of them. We usually draw about 10-12 914s and double that in people atttending, including SOs and those not driving 914s to the breakfast. We have had as many as 40 for a January meet a couple years ago...IN THE RAIN...but that was an not typical...
freezing14
the best place for a meet would be around colbourne or may be ottawa as it would kinda center for all ontario and quebec teener, the other should be in calgary, we just a big country, i have driven a cross a couple of time and the worst of all is from winipeg to ottawa, lots of twisties but so many cops,, there is just 1 road so they do not have anywhere else to go aktion035.gif
Quebecer
I agree, I think the Eastern Canadian Classic (ECC) should be held in the Ottawa region.
It's a nice region, not too far from T.O. and fairly close for Quebec guys as well.
beerchug.gif
davep
I think the regional event location may depend more on the organizer than anything else. Most of the guys are centered around Toronto. That would include guys from New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. I'll be sending my list to Mark shortly. If you know of anyone not on this forum that may want to be on the list, please email me.

We need volunteers to organize western events as well. There are only a few guys east of Quebec on the list, but I'm sure there must be more around.
Hartmann
Hey don't forget me in Plattsburgh, New York - only 1 hour south of Montreal and am willing to have some sort of weekend drive. rolleyes.gif Michel - what about it? Do you think you will have you "new" 914 up and running?
michel richard
Ralf,

The "new" car, as you say, is already up and running. I'd like to fine tune the Mechanical injection a little better, but it runs fine. Actuall, it ran fine until I put it away for the winter.

I would certainly make either a Montreal or an Ottawa meeting.

T.O. is a bit of a drive, but might still work.

Michel
Hartmann
smilie_pokal.gif Good for you and your "new" 914! Do you have it named yet? How about "Hauler" like the car hauler it arrived at the inn at? Just joking.

My 914 is put away also, but if I had to could take it out for a quick spin. Really hate to do it though as before I put it away, I washed and cleaned it. My winter project is to pull both seats and apply the new seat material that I have had since February!

Also keep in mind the Hershey swap meet. Last year Mihai and I went. Departed on Friday night and got to Hershey around midnight, and no rooms to be found! Ended up about 20 miles away. We should organize now and reserve a room or two depending who is willing to go.

Let me know if you are DEFINATELY IN and I will inquire about some rooms. bootyshake.gif

Ralf
Gustl
QUOTE(Hartmann @ Nov 23 2004, 07:16 PM)
Hey don't forget me in Plattsburgh, New York - only 1 hour south of Montreal and am willing to have some sort of weekend drive.   rolleyes.gif Michel - what about it?  Do you think you will have you "new" 914 up and running?

sorry for being completely off topic, but I've got a short question ...
are you the same Ralf, that's signed at the german [m-e-w] mailing list idea.gif

world's getting smaller with internet laugh.gif

Hi Ralf wavey.gif

Gustl
veedubPORSCHEchris
well im in ottawa for now but see myself moving to hamilton area in the spring ..but if you want to do a winter get together say some pool and beers or something...let me know and ill plan it...cheers
Hartmann
QUOTE(Gustl B @ Nov 23 2004, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE(Hartmann @ Nov 23 2004, 07:16 PM)
Hey don't forget me in Plattsburgh, New York - only 1 hour south of Montreal and am willing to have some sort of weekend drive.   rolleyes.gif Michel - what about it?  Do you think you will have you "new" 914 up and running?

sorry for being completely off topic, but I've got a short question ...
are you the same Ralf, that's signed at the german [m-e-w] mailing list idea.gif

world's getting smaller with internet laugh.gif

Hi Ralf wavey.gif

Gustl

Yes - I am the same. As you ask, I must think that you are also?

Ralf
Gustl
QUOTE(Hartmann @ Nov 24 2004, 04:11 AM)

Yes - I am the same.  As you ask, I must think that you are also?

Ralf

sure, at the [m-e-w] list I'm known as "Wolfgang aus Tirol" wink.gif

Gustl
davep
Hey, we are up to about 70 owners now. A lot of them are not members of 914world.com, so some recruitment is possible. There are lots of other owners around that we have to get contact info on as well.
Hartmann
70 owners! Wow - OK, so we need to plan something for the Spring - Lets pick a month like either April or better yet, May. Choose a meeting location and we could have a good weekend somewhere. rocking nana.gif

Ralf
F4i
How many out west? I can only think of three or four.
davep
BC 11
AB 9
SK 2
MB 3
ON 29
QC 13
NB 1
NS 2

36 are on 914World.com that I know of.
There are many more, but I have to track them down.
Sammy
I wonder if Terrance and Phillip own 914s. wink.gif
davep
I'm up to about 85 now, although some only have 914club handles.
Anyone else care to email me and sign up?
biggrin.gif
turbo914v8
Ok its nearing the end of December and being a Canadian my self, I know that if we don’t get planning the location of this great Canadian 914 drive and dine, it will not happen. So my question is where? And when? We should at least start smash.gif out the details.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.
mike_the_man
agree.gif Who's in for the Western side of things? I think somewhere around Calgary would be great. I'll help as much as I can from Regina. Should we email off the list about it? Who's willing to help out?
Quebecer
How do you guys put the wavy flag (GIF) in your signature section?
davep
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Dec 14 2004, 12:28 PM)
I think somewhere around Calgary would be great.  I'll help as much as I can from Regina.  Should we email off the list about it?  Who's willing to help out?

I think the easiest would be to get regional volunteers to email me first. I can then post a list of regional contacts. Each regional contact can get the list of local members.

Calgary area has a lot. Victoria also. Winnipeg has enough to fill a small table.
Ontario is a bit tough because we are spread out, but within an hour of Toronto is good.
Quebec is also spread out a bit. I'm sure they can work something out.
There are only a few down east so far, but again, they can set something up.

So, lets get some volunteers. type.gif

To add the flag, right-click on someones flag and 'copy image location'.
Go into your controls and "edit signature".
Use 'guided mode' click on 'IMG' and paste the address.
Canadian914
I am located just a little north east of TO and would love to get together for a meet and street!! Please add me to your email list for Ontario.

Someone was looking for Mike's 914's. He is in Colborne Ontario at 243 Industrial Park Rd., just down the street from the "Big Apple" for those who know that stretch of the 401. He is their doing fine work on my new toy('73 1.7L). If anyone wants more info just dope me a line.

CHEERS
Brad N. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.