Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: canadian 914 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
veedubPORSCHEchris
is there many canadians on the board? if so perhaps we could pull together some kind of 914 fun run. driving.gif
just a thought
cheers chris
ottawa
michel richard
Canada is a big country, man. I'm in Longueuil, on the south shore of Montreal. The teener is laid up for the winter.

I'd love to do something in the spring, tho.

Michel
Quebecer
Good day guys,

I'm in Lachenaie, north shore of Montreal, and my car is in pieces.
A Quebec, Eastern Ontario meeting would be an excellent idea.
I'd love to attend an event and meet some of you in person. beerchug.gif

It would certainly be an inspiration for all the work I have to do on my car.

Hey Michel, was that you Yellow car I saw parked on the side of Highway 30 (in St-Bruno, where I work) about a month ago? There didn't seem to be anyone with the car, I figured the guy either ran out of gas or he ran home to get some tools.

914 are rare around Montreal, so whenever I see one, it stands out like an Alien.
veedubPORSCHEchris
well definatly it would have to be next summer but a large 914 tour to the orange julip on a fri/sat night in montreal would be cool. beer.gif
soloracer
Hello from Calgary. It would be a bit of a drive to meet you guys. Maybe I'll try it once I get an engine in my car. biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I'm thinking about putting together an event/fun run next summer. I have more than enough room for the event and even overnight camping. I'm a little over an hour east of Toronto.

We'll see...I'd need helpers, etc.
Let me know if there is interest.

beer.gif
mike_the_man
I'm in Saskatchewan. A bit of a drive to Ontario for me too. Perhaps we should have a western Canada meet as well. Running some twisties through the mountains would be great fun. Not sure if I'd trust my car to make it that far, though. biggrin.gif
michel richard
QUOTE(Quebecer @ Nov 11 2004, 09:36 AM)
Good day guys,

I'm in Lachenaie, north shore of Montreal, and my car is in pieces.
A Quebec, Eastern Ontario meeting would be an excellent idea.
I'd love to attend an event and meet some of you in person. beerchug.gif

It would certainly be an inspiration for all the work I have to do on my car.

Hey Michel, was that you Yellow car I saw parked on the side of Highway 30 (in St-Bruno, where I work) about a month ago? There didn't seem to be anyone with the car, I figured the guy either ran out of gas or he ran home to get some tools.

914 are rare around Montreal, so whenever I see one, it stands out like an Alien.

No, I had a white car until the ECR this year, where I picked up a Ravenna green one. I did'nt use the car much because of all the work involved in moving the engine from one car to the other and such.

Quite a commute you have from Lachenaie to Saint-Bruno.

Michel
Quebecer
[/QUOTE]No, I had a white car until the ECR this year, where I picked up a Ravenna green one. I did'nt use the car much because of all the work involved in moving the engine from one car to the other and such.

Quite a commute you have from Lachenaie to Saint-Bruno.

That's interesting. What did you do with the white car?
Ravenna green, isn't that more like a yellow than a green.
What the engine you're putting in which car?

The commute really isn't that bad as I am against trafic most of the time.
About 30 minutes in the morning and about 45 at night.
IanStott
I am in Moncton, we have lobster and Keith's, I am Interested!

Ian Stott
Moncton driving.gif
veedubPORSCHEchris
ya cant beat the keiths and claws beer.gif chowtime.gif
mind you i sure do miss coors gold in a can havent seen that in ontario in 10 years sad.gif
F4i
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Nov 11 2004, 11:37 AM)
I'm in Saskatchewan. A bit of a drive to Ontario for me too. Perhaps we should have a western Canada meet as well. Running some twisties through the mountains would be great fun. Not sure if I'd trust my car to make it that far, though. biggrin.gif

I am in for a west get together. smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
Well that would make 4 of us for a Western GT smile.gif

There used to be another guy in Calgary...He worked at some electronics place, but I haven't seen him post in awhile.
krk
Hm. I won't be much help -- CDN, but resident in San Jose smile.gif

Now I do get to Sask at least twice a year (hello Moose Jaw!), and I do get to TO/Ottawa the odd time. Hm. And up to Kelowna as well. Always happy to find other 914 owners!

kim.
howardchen327
Damn...anyone on the west coast of Canada? I'm from Victoria, B.C. ...Guess I'm along smoke.gif
mike_the_man
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 11 2004, 11:33 PM)

Now I do get to Sask at least twice a year (hello Moose Jaw!), and I do get to TO/Ottawa the odd time. Hm. And up to Kelowna as well. Always happy to find other 914 owners!

kim.

Let me know next time you're in Moose Jaw, we should get together for a beer and car talk. beerchug.gif
freezing14
hey guys there is quite a few teens in ontario especially around toronto , i am close to Ottawa and there is a couple of guy from otttawa too or in arnprior like tony , I have my teener still not completely put together but i will certainly go to any meeting with a couple of 100's Km anything east of winipeg,, we could have a convoy in the twisties of norther ontario!!!!!
davep
There are at least 26 of us on the list. Contact me by email with your name and address, and I'll put together an email list so that we can start to organize regional get-togethers. Howard, you are the 3rd one in my list from Victoria. Mark is in a good location for a regional meet. I used to host meets at my place for several years. I know a lot of guys not on this forum.
davep
Got a few names and addresses already, keep em coming. type.gif
Tab914
Hey guys! Count me in for a western get together. I'm in Banff and driving around in the mountains is always an awesome ride. I'd be happy to help plan it as well. As for the guys in the east, I'm originally from eastern Ontario and fly out there every summer for a visit. Could plan my trip around it. No car of course but still would be nice to meet everybody and have a beer3.gif

Cheers, Dominic.
physician
i'm from st-hyacinthe, 30 minutes from montreal. i don't got a teener for now, but ui hope to find a good one for next year, to go with the drag civic....

i"ll be happy to join a meet even if i don't have a teener yet, it's all about lovung them.

hello everyone!
davep
There are a few for sale, just bring money. We can teach you the rest. Then you can be addicted like the rest of us. biggrin.gif
krk
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Nov 12 2004, 05:56 AM)

kim.

Let me know next time you're in Moose Jaw, we should get together for a beer and car talk. beerchug.gif

Excellent idea! I do have a weekender in the planning stages (gotta check up on family and such!). It's good to see Westjet now includes SFO -- but I digress laugh.gif.) Beers sound good!

kim.
serge914
Hello
I am from Laval, north of Montreal.
The yellow one could either be from Alain Gerard or Martin Beaudry.
There should be at least a dozen of 914 running in Quebec.
Mark Henry
Dave, let me know when you have the list together. I know for sure Mike will come and maybe some of his customers. Heck, maybe even Alex will show up.

We could do a show, swap meet and fun run all in the same weekend. I do know of some nice twisties around here.

beer.gif
davep
Looks like we'll have to keep this on the front page for a while yet, or I'll have to start emailing the hard way. I don't have half the guys signed in yet.
si2t3m
Hi, another canadian.

I'm in Quebec, Quebec.

There is a guy in my building that has a silver one and I see an orange one on a regular basis in Quebec.
Mark Henry
We also need to think of a date and name for an Ontario event.

There is a PCA (UCR) fun run that goes right pass my front door (sometime in the first weeks of August) and a bunch of 914's could hijack it.
idea.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif laugh.gif cool.gif
veedubPORSCHEchris
the ontario keener teeners.......smell that i smell that and i call that pure canadian CHEESE biggrin.gif
aveale
Hey there,

Tony from Arnprior......about 20 min west of "O" town.

The headache has been put away since nov 1.

It still is pretty much all I think about.

Let me know what is going on!

T
tracks914
Hey I'm only 8 hours from T.O. or Ottawa.
I've never had my car more than 20 miles from my house but hey, they got to grow up some time. biggrin.gif
tracks914
BTW we should all put these in our signature too.
Joe Bob
Doesn't the trans Canada train have a car hauler that allows you crusie the great white north and bring your car with you? Or is that a legend?
GWN7
You can ship cars by Searail and drive them from location to location.

the same company will ship to and from the USA
Joe Bob
Naw...not the same...I though they had a Canadian only rail service that allowed you travel WITH your car on the same train.....maybe it was back when I was in College and they discontinued it by now....
tracks914
QUOTE(physician @ Nov 13 2004, 01:10 PM)
i'm from st-hyacinthe,

I have a sister-in-law that lives in st-hyacinthe.
davep
So far I have about 50 owners on my list. Need to get contact info for many of them yet. A fair number of them are not 914Club members (yet). Mark, can you get Mike G to email me please.
balljoint
Me too eh! Basically in Toronto I actually live in Milton, Ontario. I jus' put TO in there for the Yanks. Probably ought to change it to Milton though so the rest of Canada won't hate me.

I might be in for a get together, but I am still a long way away from a steetable 914. Have to roll up in the pick up truck.
physician
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 15 2004, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE(physician @ Nov 13 2004, 01:10 PM)
i'm from st-hyacinthe,

I have a sister-in-law that lives in st-hyacinthe.

lol i actually know people who have familly in tirinto.. what's her name??

interesting

by the way, i hope to find a car soon
Ray Warren
wavey.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(physician @ Nov 16 2004, 05:21 PM)
lol i actually know people who have familly in tirinto.. what's her name??

interesting

by the way, i hope to find a car soon

Loraine Thibault

We hope you find a car soon too. biggrin.gif
Dave Blackburn
Hey everyony from up north! beerchug.gif
I used to live in Calgary, but I moved to the USA this summer. unsure.gif unsure.gif
I now live in Edmonds, Wa. (1/2 hour north of Seattle).
I went to one club meet here, had lots of fun!!, I was excited to go to the swap meet here a few months ago, but I was moving that day mad.gif
I no longer have a garage so I can't work on my 914 and I also got a job where I don't sit on my ass all day in front of a computer so I don't surf this site very much anymore.
I am tyring to find a garage or shop to rent, but there isn't much around where I live. I have to find something quick before I lose my mind. Not being able to work on my car or motorcycle is awful. sad.gif

Funny/gross story... When I first moved to Seattle my Wife and I lived in a tiny apartment downtown. I had no parking for my 914 so I left it in tiny garage at my Fathers rental property. I had it covered with my car cover and two tarps. When we moved to our new house two months later, I found that an opossum (sp?) had decided to make a nest on my hood between the car cover and the tarp. He then decidet to sh*t and piss in the front of my car (no door windows right now).
It then died and decomposed in its nest between the tarp and car cover.
F*cking gross!!!! icon8.gif icon8.gif
My car has been parked out side of my house for 4 months and the smell is still there. I am going to have to remove everything and shampoo the carpet etc. when I get a shop.
Nasty!!! mad.gif
Talk to you later,
Regards,
Dave Blackburn
F4i
ohmy.gif hey, I got this from mythbusters. They let a pig decompose in a corvett. to get the smell out you need a special soap that has bacteria in it that eats the grossness. A web search might lead you to it or check the tlc website. Good luck.
GWN7
"There used to be another guy in Calgary...He worked at some electronics place, but I haven't seen him post in awhile. "

Hi Dave,

I was wondering where you had got to. You had mentioned that you were thinking of moving. Glad to see your still around.

beerchug.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 13 2004, 06:50 PM)
There are a few for sale, just bring money.

Really? In Canada? I have found 1 Chalon conversion in Scarborough for sale at a little dealership but not much else. Seems like the only guy with a few cars to sell around here thinks that $8000.00 CDN for a rolling chassis (rust and all) is cutting his own throat. wacko.gif
914-4-2
Hey fellow Canuks,

I live in Edmonton AB, have 2 73 2.0's. love the idea of a summer get to knowya. Have a place in Canmore so a back road blast in the mountains would be cool. I know of at least 2 more 14's in the Chuck but still more people than not have know idea what car we have. I've got real used to people commenting on my ride since my everyday is a VW DoubleCab Syncro, need room for the kid seats.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(balljoint @ Nov 17 2004, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 13 2004, 06:50 PM)
There are a few for sale, just bring money.

Really? In Canada? I have found 1 Chalon conversion in Scarborough for sale at a little dealership but not much else. Seems like the only guy with a few cars to sell around here thinks that $8000.00 CDN for a rolling chassis (rust and all) is cutting his own throat. wacko.gif

I can get you a freshly painted, yellow '74 1.8 roller for $4000 right now, if it isn't gone already.
davep
That is a pretty good deal. I have seen some nice ones for sale. You just have to grab them when they come up.
krk
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 13 2004, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Nov 12 2004, 05:56 AM)

kim.

Excellent idea! I do have a weekender in the planning stages (gotta check up on family and such!). It's good to see Westjet now includes SFO -- but I digress laugh.gif.) Beers sound good!

kim.

Oh, btw, I did see a yellow 914 in Moose Jaw on my last trip home. Dunno if the owner is on the board or not.....

kim.
Mark Henry
Dave, Mike's email was mikeg4@rogers.com I don't know if it still is since the big move.
Let me know if it's still good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.