Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Side shift components
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dfelz
I want to install my rebuilt side shift tranny in my 71 and need all the components to do the swap.

Need:
Shift lever assembly
Front shift Rod
Firewall bushing (conversion type SLP-FSSC-001)
Rear shift rod
Rear shift rod bushing
Shift console cover
Engine mount bar to accommodate this setup
Also need a throwout bearing

PM, email, or reply to this thread if you have anything, please include pictures and asking price in your message. Interested in either new or used conditions parts (except for the bushings, only new)

Thanks
914ltd
David, don't mess with the conversion firewall bushing. Use a tubing cutter to cut a 5" section out of the original (long) rod in the tunnel and weld or epoxy this on the rearmost of the late tunnel rod. The firewall bushing remains the stock 914-424-224-00 which is a 911 shift bushing that will always be available. If you are lucky enough to have a good firewall shift boot assembly, the photo shows the modified shift rod and all the parts you will need to do the conversion minus the drivers side warm air guide needed if you are using stock heats. The tunnel cover plate is to close the hole you will use to modify a bulkhead in the tunnel to clear the new shift rod travel. I also have good instructions. $350. plus ship. Brad
dfelz
Thanks Brad, at the moment I am discussing a package that Bruce (bdstone) has offered me that is similar to yours, he is local though so i wouldn't have to deal with shipping. I will keep you in mind though.

Thanks again for the quick reply and picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.